Android vs. IOS
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chipfauver
lvl.1
United States

In the past two months, I have been unable to get a signal on the DJI app via my android phone - an HTC One.  I've reloaded the app several times.  I have no connectivity to the satellite and it shows I am disconnected.  HOWEVER, the RC is connected and I can fly the drone but without visuals and the ability to use the camera.

But on my wife's iPhone, all is fine and I get satellite connectivity and all features on the app work.  

Has anyone else encountered this and have any solutions such that I can use the DJI via android?  Or have DJI been putting their efforts only into IOS such that I should only use Apple products to fly my Phantom 3 Professional with camera view?
2017-12-28
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I use a Nexus 7 vers2 16GB Android and very happy with it.

I have latest GO ... latest FW ... latest RC SW ....

But I have to say that similar to Windoze ... FW / GO are getting more processor hungry.

I do not like IOS ... in fact I HATE ios with a vengeance. But Android has become a victim of its success. Seen as the alternative to Apple - it was picked up by many brand names as it was handed out to them. But they started to play with the OS - keeping the core as per Android Google .... but adding proprietary nuts and bolts. This is why such as Nexus will only load official Android updates and refuses to accept Android 7 etc. That makes the Nexus 7 vers 2 one of the best Androids for the P3 series.

HTC One ... is that the old HTC One from a couple years back ?? I know the HTC Hero One I have will not work at all with a P3. I cannot even load GO to it.

Nigel
2017-12-28
Use props
chipfauver
lvl.1
United States

Yes, my phone is 3 years old. Do you suggest I need a newer android phone to continue using the DJI app?
2017-12-28
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

All I know is my HTC Hero will not work.

First question : What version Android on it ?

Second : How much memory ?

Third : How much ROM

Nigel
2017-12-28
Use props
chipfauver
lvl.1
United States

I am using Android 6.0, with 32 GB of memory and 2 GB of RAM.  I just tried using my son's Nexus, and all was good.  I guess the HTC One or Android 6.0 no longer will work even though all was fine two months ago.
2017-12-28
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

The Nexus is a good unit ... and you can get refurbs of eBay ... my Nexus 7 ver 2, 16Gb was about $150 shipped.

If I was buying again - I would go for the 32Gb version because it also has a little extra ROM as well ....

At home I activate internet - so I can check updates ... for flight - I put in Airplane mode ....

I also pull back the video bitrate to 4mbps instead of default 6 ....

No problems.

Nigel
2017-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules