Palm Control landing failure leads to crash
651 3 2017-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spready
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70581 ft
United Kingdom

After a dozen very succesful flights, using both the Controller and only Palm launch and control, we had out first failure today. I will be submitting the issue to dji and loading my flight data for analysis but in the meantime I thought I would post this warning.

Controller was on and connected to phone.
My daughter turned Spark on and activated facelock and palm launch - all OK..

Tracking worked and I could see on the DJI Go App, that it was locking on correctly.
She enabled the fly away and also the beckon / return - all OK.

Then, when locked on, and front lights green - she placed palm out and then under Spark to land (as we have done a couple of times before)..

It dropped as if to land correctly but then quickly moved back by a metre and then dropped to floor.
Probably from about a height of 1.5 metres.

If above grass this would have been OK.. we were above roadway.
It has some slight damage and scratches to gimble.

It's still a great piece of kit BUT...
I am going to be very careful with this mode and probably only do it when over grass!

2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Spready, did your drone work normally now? If not, I would recommend you send it back for repair: http://www.dji.com/support. Hope it will be solved soon. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-28
Use props
Spready
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Not sure - high winds here today for a full test..

Compass and IMU re-calibrated and have done a hover test indoors.

After some testing I will make a decision on whether to send it in.
2017-12-29
Use props
Spready
lvl.3
United Kingdom

In the meantime, where can I send the Dat file of the flight for it to be looked at? - I can identify the point at which the palm landing failed, but interpreting it is another task entirely!

The more I read and watch online - the more I am inclined to believe that this is a problem caused by the Spark identifying it is near to an object whilst at the same time landing.
This would account for the fact that it moved back and then dropped!
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules