Is it the lightning to USB cable that's the problem?
1284 8 2017-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
esotericvision
lvl.1
Belize

Hi,

I've got a Phantom 3 Pro, actually a couple. I use them for light commercial work. I've always had issues getting a transmission on the iPad. Sometimes it does well for awhile but in the end it's always the same "disconnected". I  bought some DJI lighting to USB cables online but they had the same issues, all three of them. I did buy them online and probably not from DJI diirectly so they are suspect. I did have luck with a cable for awhile, maybe five months.

A couple of days ago I started to introduce my little boy to the drone and we tried the flight simulator. Moving the cords seemed to trigger a disconnect once the iPad finally got a signal. That could be a few minutes to never. I reboot the drone or the iPad, or the RC. Eventually it does work. I thought I was buying good cords but really question it now. I still wonder if it's the cables between the devices. Has anyone had the same wonderings?  Can anyone give suggestions for a good lightning to USB cable?  

Best,

Ben

2017-12-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yes, buy one from an Apple store.
2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Ben, I would recommend you use the lightning cable that came with your Apple device.
2017-12-29
Use props
Louis Earl
New

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-29 20:21
Hi Ben, I would recommend you use the lightning cable that came with your Apple device.

I am having this same problem right now. Thanks.
2017-12-30
Use props
Al S. Alice's H
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50259 ft
United States

My cable didn't work when it was brand new. Android cable. Had to use another one. 1 out of 5 worked.
2017-12-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

A new data cable is $20 or less, depending on length and manufacturers quality.

I would buy one at the Apple outlet nearest to you.

RedHotPoker
2017-12-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Al S. Alice's H Posted at 2017-12-30 12:36
My cable didn't work when it was brand new. Android cable. Had to use another one. 1 out of 5 worked.

Aloha Al,

If you are using an Android device, be sure to use a "Data Cable".  Often devices come with a charging cable that does not transmit data.  Our Phantom Systems use a data cable.

The easiest way to determine if you have a data cable is to try to download something from your phone on to your computer with the suspect USB cable.  Data cables can also charge a device, so it is the transmission of data that is the determining factor in your test.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Louis Earl Posted at 2017-12-30 10:20
I am having this same problem right now. Thanks.

Hi Louis, which drone are you referring to? Could you please provide more details about your problem? Besides, what have you tried to troubleshoot it?
2018-1-1
Use props
2N Media
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2077080 ft
United States

Let me echo the suggestion of grabbing a good quality cable.
2018-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules