I got my Phantom 4 fixed with the latest firmware
1944 21 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse57d642c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124619 ft
Israel

With this steps that I am talking in the video, i got my Phantom 4 work with the latest firmware with no problems hope it will help you all too.

2017-12-30
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

That’s great that it worked for you but many owners (including myself)  have already tried all the calibrations and everything else you suggested and it did not work for them. We have already had another poster some weeks ago telling  everyone that there was nothing wrong with 106 and that anyone who had problems did so because they hadn’t followed the installation instructions properly. Ultimately, DJI debunked that poster’s claims by stating that they knew there were real issues with stability with 106 and they released a beta which, for most people, appears to have resolved those stability issues. For most people with 106 stability issues,  calibrations, reinstallation etc simply wasted time and achieved very little or, in many cases, nothing. The real question/issue now is when (or whether) DJI will formally release that beta version. It has now been a couple of months since that beta was first made available. In the meantime, the best action for anyone still having 106 stability issues is to ask one of the forum admins to push the beta to them.
2017-12-30
Use props
skyking83
lvl.2
Israel

JockC Posted at 2017-12-30 00:57
That’s great that it worked for you but many owners have already tried all the calibrations and everything else you suggested and it does not work for them. We have already had another poster spend several week so telling  everyone that there was nothing wrong with 106 and that anyone who had problems did so because they hadn’t followed the installation instructions properly. Ultimately, DJI debunked that posters claims by stating that they knew there were real issues with stability with 106 and they released a beta which, for most people, appears to have resolved the stability issues.

Well it worked for me I hope that to some other users out there it will help too there it is not for sure of course but keep in mind the order of the steps, not just the steps.
2017-12-30
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Australia

skyking83 Posted at 2017-12-30 01:02
Well it worked for me I hope that to some other users out there it will help too there it is not for sure of course but keep in mind the order of the steps, not just the steps.

As above, DJI has already acknowledged that 106 caused the stability issues for many drones and has made the beta available to anyone who wants it. Many of us have already reported spending days or even weeks trying all the things that you suggested based on the advice of another poster who was ultimately proven to be wrong. For me, and many others, those attempts changed nothing yet the 600 beta finally  resolved the satbility issue immediately and was a great relief after several months of waiting for a fix.
2017-12-30
Use props
skyking83
lvl.2
Israel

JockC Posted at 2017-12-30 01:04
As above, DJI has already acknowledged that 106 caused the stability issues for many drones and has made the beta available to anyone who wants it.

Yes, i know about it but it is worth a try.
2017-12-30
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Australia

skyking83 Posted at 2017-12-30 01:06
Yes, i know about it but it is worth a try.

Why is it worth a try when many others have already tried all those things and achieved nothing and the proper fix can already be quickly received simply by asking for it? Another poster suggested all those same things over a several week period some months ago, gave false hope and wasted a great deal of time for many owners. DJI then came out with the proper fix that resolved the issues. I can’t see why anyone would want users to waste time and go back over those same suggestions  again when a DJI fix is already readily available with the beta. Your suggestions would certainly have been useful around six months ago when everyone started to experience the stability issues but we have now moved on from those days thanks to the acknowledgement by DJI that 106 was indeed flawed for many drones and their subsequent release of the beta.
2017-12-30
Use props
skyking83
lvl.2
Israel

JockC Posted at 2017-12-30 01:10
Why is it worth a try when many others have already tried all those things and achieved nothing and the proper fix can already be quickly received simply by asking for it? Another poster suggested all those same things over a several week period some months ago and wasted a great deal of time for many owners. DJI then came out with the proper fix that resolved the issues. I can’t see why anyone would want users to waste time and go back over those same suggestions  again when a DJI fix is already readily available with the beta.

You don't have to do anything but maybe some other users want a working drone with no beta firmware just like me it is up to them not you or me I am just showing what I have done that worked for me.
2017-12-30
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
Philippines

The only Issue I had was that it somehow turned off my "multiple flight mode" which was like flying in beginner mode.  It took me a while to search all my settings till I found it, but aside from that, it works GREAT!  

ALSO, love the new 360 features.  Took some sunset and late night panos and they turned out amazing
2017-12-30
Use props
skyking83
lvl.2
Israel

Kuya Kano Posted at 2017-12-30 02:19
The only Issue I had was that it somehow turned off my "multiple flight mode" which was like flying in beginner mode.  It took me a while to search all my settings till I found it, but aside from that, it works GREAT!  

ALSO, love the new 360 features.  Took some sunset and late night panos and they turned out amazing

Did you do the update the way I did?
2017-12-30
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
Philippines

skyking83 Posted at 2017-12-30 05:22
Did you do the update the way I did?

I just followed directions.  The WIFI isn't that great here in Manila, so I had to press "continue" or "resume download", or whatever it was... several times till I got tired and brought everything right next to the WIFI device for a good signal.
2017-12-30
Use props
Lukand
lvl.1

Slovenia

JockC Posted at 2017-12-30 01:04
As above, DJI has already acknowledged that 106 caused the stability issues for many drones and has made the beta available to anyone who wants it. Many of us have already reported spending days or even weeks trying all the things that you suggested based on the advice of another poster who was ultimately proven to be wrong. For me, and many others, those attempts changed nothing yet the 600 beta finally  resolved the satbility issue immediately and was a great relief after several months of waiting for a fix.

hi
How can I ask for beta verion?
2017-12-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lukand Posted at 2017-12-30 06:18
hi
How can I ask for beta verion?

Have a look at this Link, send DJI Susan (Administrator) a Personal Message (click on link below her Avatar), this PM should contain the email address you use to log into your DJI account. They will then enable the Beta over the next day or two. When enabled against you account you will be able to see it in DJI Assistant 2, and upgrade from there. Be aware that the RC also needs to be at V1.9.3 for all to work correctly.
2017-12-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If your video helps somebody then that can only be a good thing. The Beta (02.00.0600) also sorts the problem that when recording in 4k @ 30 fps, the video would stop recording and gimbal reset randomly. This resulted in the live view going blank for about ten seconds or so. It was a bit unnerving when flying. The work around was either to use the Beta, or not record in 4k @ 30 fps.
2017-12-30
Use props
skyking83
lvl.2
Israel

Kuya Kano Posted at 2017-12-30 05:33
I just followed directions.  The WIFI isn't that great here in Manila, so I had to press "continue" or "resume download", or whatever it was... several times till I got tired and brought everything right next to the WIFI device for a good signal.

Very good to hear you made it work out for you
2017-12-30
Use props
skyking83
lvl.2
Israel

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-30 06:58
If your video helps somebody then that can only be a good thing. The Beta (02.00.0600) also sorts the problem that when recording in 4k @ 30 fps, the video would stop recording and gimbal reset randomly. This resulted in the live view going blank for about ten seconds or so. It was a bit unnerving when flying. The work around was either to use the Beta, or not record in 4k @ 30 fps.

Thank you, that's all I am trying to do.
2017-12-30
Use props
skyking83
lvl.2
Israel

Kuya Kano Posted at 2017-12-30 02:19
The only Issue I had was that it somehow turned off my "multiple flight mode" which was like flying in beginner mode.  It took me a while to search all my settings till I found it, but aside from that, it works GREAT!  

great, would love to see some of them.
2017-12-30
Use props
skyking83
lvl.2
Israel

Is it worked for some of you guys ?
2018-1-3
Use props
Bayguy69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944275 ft
Puerto Rico

skyking83 Posted at 2017-12-30 01:02

It worked for me without any issues.
2018-1-3
Use props
skyking83
lvl.2
Israel

Bayguy69 Posted at 2018-1-3 16:28
It worked for me without any issues.

I am glad to hear that
2018-1-4
Use props
skyking83
lvl.2
Israel

For all those who have a problem with the latest firmware, you should try this before installing the Beta version
2018-1-8
Use props
roovair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 473950 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, maybe you are the last person who can help me;) I bought Phantom 4 one week ago and it`s still on the ground.. First issue was non-charging battery so i`ve order a second one but then my horror starts with every problems about updates.. I see i`m not only one with them but my P4 still cannot fly. After hours and hours spending on reading this forum i stuck in strange situation. In big shortcut - on both devices there is a solid green light but there`s no wireless connection between them and my phone (Huawei P10, Android). BUT when i connect RC with my phone via USB cable everything works fine - got all telemetry and camera view.. When i`m trying connect them via DJ GO 4 (without cable) all these important things dissapear. I`ve used Assistant 2 (two versions) and both DJ Go apps. Take a look at the pictures.. cheers
Screenshot_20180114-080807.png

via USB

via USB
Screenshot_20180114-084656.png

via USB

via USB

via USB

via USB

without USB

without USB
2018-1-14
Use props
skyking83
lvl.2
Israel

roovair Posted at 2018-1-14 02:37
Hi, maybe you are the last person who can help me;) I bought Phantom 4 one week ago and it`s still on the ground.. First issue was non-charging battery so i`ve order a second one but then my horror starts with every problems about updates.. I see i`m not only one with them but my P4 still cannot fly. After hours and hours spending on reading this forum i stuck in strange situation. In big shortcut - on both devices there is a solid green light but there`s no wireless connection between them and my phone (Huawei P10, Android). BUT when i connect RC with my phone via USB cable everything works fine - got all telemetry and camera view.. When i`m trying connect them via DJ GO 4 (without cable) all these important things dissapear. I`ve used Assistant 2 (two versions) and both DJ Go apps. Take a look at the pictures.. cheers

Hi,
It is possible that you hame some signal interception by something you should check this outside of your house and see if the signals are good in there
2018-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules