Compass Calibration
865 4 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
veryken
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8665 ft
United States

New Mavic Pro Platinum required a compass calibration. So I did the 360s. It seemed happy afterwards.
Here's a screenshot when done. Is this common? I know yellow is "good" but of course we all want green "excellent" right?

Compass Calibration

Compass Calibration

2017-12-30
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

It's hard to say how common that is given that most people never check or comment on it that I've noticed, but my Mavic Pro (not Platinum) has displayed green on both when I've checked. The screen capture you provided seems to show your Mavic sitting on some kind of man-made surface; do you also get the same results when you put it on bare ground? If the results are different then it's likely that what you posted was the result of interference by some metal nearby, possible something embedded within the surface on which it was sitting. Other than that I only recall this happening when someone has something (e.g., a tracking device) attached or -- less frequently -- when the gimbal pitch is at an angle that affects a compass.
2017-12-30
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Try moving 30 feet away from the place you calibrated the last time, and then do a new calibration. Often, nothing more than that before calibration is perfect. Even a drain pipe or a handrail can cause problems. In general, calibrate near the place you want to fly.
2017-12-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yellow is good enough for take off but yes, it’s better to be green. As the others have said, keep away from heavy metal objects, ensure the drone arms are unfolded when doing the calibration and follow the on screen prompts - counter clockwise rotation etc.  
2017-12-30
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

This is how it looks on my Mavic just sitting close to my pc and TV. This is higher than normal.  20 - 80 is normal here.
2017-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules