Video Artifact question, not jello, something else.
730 3 2017-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb8043a91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180545 ft
United States

My wife bought me a Phantom 4 for Christmas. I love the unit, as it is a massive upgrade from my Phantom 3 Standard. However, I've noticed that out of the box, there is a small area of "warp field" effect on my videos. The Phantom 3 didn't suffer from this.

This is not camera shake Jello, but something else.

You can see it in this video I took. If you look near the bottom of the video playback when the video is full screen, you will see the "warp field" that I am talking about. It doesn't affect the entire video, and it is most pronounced when taking panning shots. The effect is hard to notice with slow movement and seems to stop completely when hovering.

[size=14.6667px]

Any idea what might be causing this? I think it must be vibration related, but I can't figure out what is causing it.
2017-12-31
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Try shooting a head-on shot with the still camera of something with a pattern like a chain link fence, golf course netting, or a brick wall to see if there is any distortion or fuzziness in the lower right corner compared to the others.  It could be you got a bad lens, a tilted or bad sensor (Not uncommon for DJI.).

Might also try another post-processing software too like the free version of Davinci Resolve 14 and see if it lies there too.
2017-12-31
Use props
Fruxen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1370630 ft
Sweden

Pretty sure it's from small defects in the lens. You can also get that effect from small drops or smudge on the lens but you have probably already checked that it's clean. Contact DJI to get a replacement.
2018-1-1
Use props
owiecPL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112805 ft
Singapore

I've had the same problem
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=757563
I've sent P4 to service - gimball and camera were replaced - now everything is fine.
2018-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules