Upgrade error
754 5 2018-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Patrick79
lvl.1
United States

I have uploaded DJI Assistant 2 and plugged in my Phantom 4 and and is says that my no fly database needs to be upgraded, but I'm recieving and uploading error.  When i try to power off the drone and power it back up then retry it still gives me the same upload error.   Can any body tell me what i am doing wrong?

2018-1-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When you update the 'flysafe' database you need to connect your tablet/phone (with good wifi connection) directly to the P4 using the short OTG cable. Sometimes it can take a couple of attempts for the process to work.

Edit:- as far as I remember there are data tables heald in device and aircraft that need to be done, the versions are listed in 'About' in the general settings menu.
2018-1-1
Use props
Patrick79
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-1 11:43
When you update the 'flysafe' database you need to connect your tablet/phone (with good wifi connection) directly to the P4 using the short OTG cable. Sometimes it can take a couple of attempts for the process to work.

Edit:- as far as I remember there are data tables heald in device and aircraft that need to be done, the versions are listed in 'About' in the general settings menu.

Wifi connection is good and The Assistant 2 is picking up that a Phantom 4 has is the detected device. It also shows the firmware list.  The firmware list shows V02.00.0106. with current in red.  Does this mean that i am up to date?  I keep getting a weak transmission signal on my new DJI Goggles and on my IPad.  I thought from seeing everybody on the forum updating firmware that i should update mine.  Do you think that is the issue or am i already running the new firmware?
2018-1-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Patrick79 Posted at 2018-1-1 12:16
Wifi connection is good and The Assistant 2 is picking up that a Phantom 4 has is the detected device. It also shows the firmware list.  The firmware list shows V02.00.0106. with current in red.  Does this mean that i am up to date?  I keep getting a weak transmission signal on my new DJI Goggles and on my IPad.  I thought from seeing everybody on the forum updating firmware that i should update mine.  Do you think that is the issue or am i already running the new firmware?

"The firmware list shows V02.00.0106. with current in red.  Does this mean that i am up to date?"

That is the latest formal release for the P4, yes aircraft is up to date, the RC needs to be updated as well for all to work correctly.

The RC should be at V1.9.3, if not then that may well be the cause of transmission problems. The RC version can be checked in DJI Go 4 App', have a look at 'About' at bottom of general settings menu, that tells you what versions all are at.

If RC needs updating to V1.9.3 then try the following::-

If using iOS device then update DJI Go 4 to V4.1.20

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 and 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show if update required (this may take a few seconds to appear). If it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC. That may make the difference to your display.

There are a couple of issues with the 02.00.0106 firmware update, you may have some flight instability (or not), and there will likely be a problem when recording in 4k @ 30 fps where the video stops recording and the gimbal resets at random intervals. If either is a problem then the Beta 02.00.0600 can be requested from one of the mods which seems to resolve these issues for most.
2018-1-1
Use props
Patrick79
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-1 12:25
"The firmware list shows V02.00.0106. with current in red.  Does this mean that i am up to date?"

That is the latest formal release for the P4, yes aircraft is up to date, the RC needs to be updated as well for all to work correctly.

What ever i did worked. Thanks guys for all your help.  Now if it wasn't so cold i could spend more time flying!!!
2018-1-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Patrick79 Posted at 2018-1-1 13:39
What ever i did worked. Thanks guys for all your help.  Now if it wasn't so cold i could spend more time flying!!!

That's good news, remember the glitch I mentioned recording in 4k @ 30 fps, it means the screen 'might' go blank for about ten seconds at some point if using that format. 1080P or 2.7k seem OK. And look out for any unusual wobbling etc (if no wind the aircraft will sit very stable in hover position).
2018-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules