Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iFoxRomeo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1094856 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Happy new year everyone.
Finally I pulled the trigger and ordered me a P4P  a few days ago. Unfortunately the first package was returned to the  retailer by the transportation company. Package was not declared  correctly.
So it never arrived here.
Second package arrived quickly. Yesterday I wanted to unpack the Phantom and perform the setup.

The casing of the Transmitter is not correctly assembled

Luckily I could solve this by pressing it gently into Position.

The  lens protection sticker is not on the lens, but on the gimbal  fixation....

What's wrong with the gimbal???

Pressing it slightly to the side...snap... and it is fine again. But a I was scared at first...

Okay, batteries charged, transmitter on, phantom on. But what's that again... Camera sensor error!!

Firmware update: Aircraft, done. Transmitter, done.
Still the Camera sensor isn't working.

Hardware malfunction, contact DJI Support

Refreshing the firmware with DJI Assistant. Nope, still not working....
By the way, the micro SD card can't be formatted in the Phantom, but on the PC it is possible

That's a bad Quality Control. I'll send it back and will try another device. I hope this one will be better. Third time lucky....
(p.s. I hope there is no double Thread from me, as I had problems with my browser)

Fox

2018-1-1
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Your not having much luck, here’s hoping 2018 brings you better fortune and many days happy flying.
2018-1-1
Use props
Malolojoe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 312844 ft
United States

Sorry to hear the issues  Fox. Not a good start. Hard for me to imagine it getting so beat up. I'm a newbie, but the two I've opened so far were nicely packed in the special box (P4P). Was the foam block installed around the base of the gimble? Purchased directly from DJI or a reputable seller?  Good luck man...
2018-1-1
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

It looks like the package was dropped, then run over by the delivery truck.
Those are faults that should not be there and are are not acceptable. If you can, return.... again.
2018-1-1
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Looks like that one came back damaged thru the front door and someone walked it to the back door and shipped it right back out.
2018-1-1
Use props
iFoxRomeo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks guys!

I just wanted to read that this is not DJI standard QC.

The foam box at the gimbal base was installed, but as you can imagine it was pressed into place and thus slightly deformed.
The transportation box is completely okay on the outside, but has a small dent on the inside.

The retailer is a big company that wants to use drones for delivery and their boss shoots rockets into sub-orbital space.

I'll give the P4P a third chance.

Fox
2018-1-2
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

SEND IT BACK !! looks like someone was trying it out before they forwarded it to you,,
2018-1-2
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hdlou94 Posted at 2018-1-2 02:07
SEND IT BACK !! looks like someone was trying it out before they forwarded it to you,,

+1 that was definitely a faulty product that was returned and Amazon did not check it out before sending it again
2018-1-2
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you purchase this from DJI direct?
2018-1-2
Use props
iFoxRomeo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

All protective stickers, except the one for the lens were in place.

I'll send it back tomorrow. New one will probably arrive on thursday. Amazon customerservice was very cooperative. I really hope this one will be fine.Will report back guys.

Fox

2018-1-2
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

iFoxRomeo Posted at 2018-1-2 14:00
All protective stickers, except the one for the lens were in place.

I'll send it back tomorrow. New one will probably arrive on thursday. Amazon customerservice was very cooperative. I really hope this one will be fine.Will report back guys.

Good luck. Im sure all will be fine
2018-1-3
Use props
iFoxRomeo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

P4P camera unservicable on arrival

So yesterday package nr. 3 arrived. And today was the first flight. Lasted only 7 minutes... because it was too windy, too cold and getting dark. The P4P was quite stable, despite the wind. Interesting flight behavior. Actually, just for flying around I prefer ATTI Mode, but max performance seems to be only with Sports Mode.
I need to do some fine-tuning. Balancing the props e.g.

Now I´m happy and hope for better weather...

Fox
2018-1-4
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

Great news! The P4P is awesome, provided it hasn't been rolled over by a tractor prior to delivery.
In windy conditions GPS mode is more stable than atti. Atti will drift with the wind.
Sport mode is a blast but be aware that obstacle avoidance is off in that mode (not that you should ever rely on it, it's a nice helper).
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules