Video transmission to large tv
743 2 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seaAggie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124629 ft

United States

Hi all I'm new here and just learning the ropes. I've got a DJI Phantom 4 and DJI go 4 on my Samsung Galaxy 8 Edge. With this setup I was able to view my phone's screen on my big screen since it's also a Samsung. It was very cool to wirelessly transmit the real-time aerial video through my phone to my tv. But it was sometimes choppy and not visually appealing.

I know that I could live stream the video from my phone to YouTube live and then have the large tv view that live YouTube stream.

Surely others out there have come up with a cost effective manner to get live high quality video onto a 4k tv from your drones.

What are my options?
2018-1-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The most common way is to buy the optional HDMI output board and fit it to the RC unit. But you will still get some glitching and 'choppiness', because it is being transmitted by radio from the aircraft to the RC unit. Oh, and BTW, the feed is not high quality, it is 1280 x 720p at a low bit rate, so not even close to high quality.

2018-1-2
Use props
seaAggie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124629 ft

United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-2 22:05
The most common way is to buy the optional HDMI output board and fit it to the RC unit. But you will still get some glitching and 'choppiness', because it is being transmitted by radio from the aircraft to the RC unit. Oh, and BTW, the feed is not high quality, it is 1280 x 720p at a low bit rate, so not even close to high quality.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.
2018-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules