5.8ghz to 2.4ghz
1794 5 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_QsP16wi
New
Flight distance : 66119 ft

South Africa

Hi guys, I just updated to the latest firmware on my dji spark.  I noticed that you can now choose auto or custom under wifi but cant get it changed to 2.4ghz.  Not sure if its the same with you guys but with 5.8ghz my spark hardly makes 50m and then its basically useless.  With 2.4ghz I get at least 1000m. Any guisence will be appreciated or maby how to downgrade to the previous version
2018-1-3
Use props
fans376b6728
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21854 ft
Canada

Have you tried manually choosing a channel for the remote to communicate with the drone? When I first got the remote I couldn't get far before the image on my screen stalled and eventually went black. I did a bit of reading and manually selected a stronger channel in the 2.4 range and I haven't had issues since!
2018-1-3
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

fans376b6728 Posted at 2018-1-3 21:09
Have you tried manually choosing a channel for the remote to communicate with the drone? When I first got the remote I couldn't get far before the image on my screen stalled and eventually went black. I did a bit of reading and manually selected a stronger channel in the 2.4 range and I haven't had issues since!

Auto is the best option.  Channels can get weaker as you change location and you wont be able to do anything while the SPARK is in mid air.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. What is the model of your device? Did you fly your spark with RC? I would recommend you enter the wifi setting of DJI GO 4, then tap custom and choose the lowest channel. I would recommend you turn off all the bluetooth devices. Thanks for your help.
2018-1-4
Use props
ProsperousP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51017 ft
Croatia

You have to select custom and then manually select a channel below. The channels have to be say from 1-11, not the other double or triple digits because those are 5.8GHz. It is not intuitive, but it works.  
2018-1-4
Use props
botfly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12546 ft
Hong Kong

Haven't tried it yet but saw on Youtube that once you have picked a channel within the 2.4GHz range, select "AUTO" so that the app would automatically pick the best 2.4 channel if the current one gets too weak.

2018-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules