Mavic Pro Platinum - Issue with upgrading firmware ( or anything )
2025 7 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KissMyAsthma13
lvl.1
Croatia

Greetings,

This being my first post I have to state that I'm brand new to mavic drones and boss bought one so I have to learn how to use it.
Basically did just some 20 minute testing, calibration and feature check.

Next thing what I wanted was to update firmware and other updates but it keeps failing.

When connected via android phone I can download firmware but firmware install stops at 5%

Then I tried to connect my Windows 8.1 64 bit PC to drone but failed. The DJI app doesn't recognize my drone at all.

Steps:
Turn on controller
Turn on drone
see its connected
Connect to PC

Sadly nothing.

Made sure firewall was down.

Been reading some forum posts and posts on web and all of them either said cable was fault or that I should try on other PC...

So if anyone has some advices please feel free to reply.

First we banged our heads on wall by reading absurd drone laws in Croatia and now this

Regards,

KissMyAsthma13

2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, just to verify, did you notice that if there is an error code when the upgrade failed in your app? For the DJI Assistant 2, please remove the app and reinstall the latest version v1.2.0 on the official website, also, you can try to disable signed driver enforcement. Then check if the drone can be connected to the app. See if it works.
https://www.dji.com/mavic-pro-platinum/info#downloads
2018-1-3
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Just one thing to note, you need to connect the RC and Mavic separately to the computer.
Open the Assistant 2 software and sign in. Then connect the RC to the computer with the black cable that came with it. Turn on the RC and you should then see the connection in the Assistant 2 software. When it is connected, a box will show up on the left hand side so click on it and on the next screen do the firmware update.
When that is all finished, turn off the RC and unplug the cable from the computer and RC.
Then connect the cable to the Mavic and the computer. Turn on the Mavic and do the same as above to update the firmware.
2018-1-3
Use props
KissMyAsthma13
lvl.1
Croatia

Greetings,

So what I did was connected the Mavic to PC ( DJI app didn't recognize it  on PC ) but then I connected the RC to my Android and updated it via Android.
Worked like a charm.
Weird? Yes. But it worked.

Thank You for replying
2018-1-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can connect the RC via USB to the computer then turn on the AC and wait for them to link over OcuSync then launch Assistant 2 and upgrade both the RC and AC FW at the same time.
2018-1-4
Use props
KissMyAsthma13
lvl.1
Croatia

A CW Posted at 2018-1-4 08:30
You can connect the RC via USB to the computer then turn on the AC and wait for them to link over OcuSync then launch Assistant 2 and upgrade both the RC and AC FW at the same time.

I shall try this next time.
So far no matter what I tried it just didn't work and on PC id refused to be recognized.

Thank You for replying
2018-1-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool - connect the USB to the computer BEFORE you turn on the RC - ensure no other devices are connected to the RC - then turn on the AC and wait for the LCD to show connected on the screen then launch Assistant 2. It won’t work if you don’t follow that procedure perfectly. The FW will then download before it transits and then updates automatically - if that doesn’t work you will need to try another PC or send the drone back to DJI for diagnostic checks.
2018-1-4
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535341 ft
United States

You may have to manually install the driver.....I did on windows 10. I can't remeber how...... google "how to install an unsigned driver" that will tell you what to do.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules