Rough test footage - 2011 Honda CR-Z
1264 10 2018-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

Here's a short clip I made a week ago when the weather was much nicer.
I was (am) learning to fly around objects to get interesting shots.  By no means is this sample video meant to be a finished product.  Just a test. :-)

Anyway, I used the iPad Air 2 to control the Spark, edit the video, and upload it to YouTube.
LumaFusion is the video editing app I've been using on the iPad Air 2.  Works great for my needs so far.

After the weather improves, I'll be attempting a more polished video of the car.  You were warned. LOL!

2018-1-4
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Looks good. Trying to manually make a circle is challenging. No the only thing missing is the "For Sale to a Good Home"  lol

Sidd
2018-1-4
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-1-4 12:40
Looks good. Trying to manually make a circle is challenging. No the only thing missing is the "For Sale to a Good Home"  lol

Sidd

Thank you, Sidd! I needed more room in the driveway to get the Spark further back.  The jerkiness in some of the moves was me looking around to make sure neither the Spark nor I ended up in the bushes or hitting the garage. LOL!
I picked up the CR-Z on the first day of U.S. sales (August 24, 2010) and have loved owning it all 7+ years.  It's already found a good home. :-)
I'm looking forward to getting some rolling footage of it in the future.  As always, I look to this forum for all the valuable technical and creative ideas I can get!
2018-1-4
Use props
Brambleman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

Nice work on that manual circle, pretty smooth! Have you tried using active track, selecting the car, and sliding the pivot so that the computer does the perfect circle for you? I never really thought about using active track on a static object until I saw someone do it with a monument, worked great!
2018-1-4
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

Brambleman Posted at 2018-1-4 15:42
Nice work on that manual circle, pretty smooth! Have you tried using active track, selecting the car, and sliding the pivot so that the computer does the perfect circle for you? I never really thought about using active track on a static object until I saw someone do it with a monument, worked great!

Thank you, Brambleman! I did try active track, but the car was a bit too close to get a good lock.  My next attempt will be to find a more scenic and wide open area to shoot in.  I'm sure active track will be much smoother than I am. :-)  That said, I still want to become more comfortable manually flying to get some other sweeping shots that aren't available in the intelligent flight modes/quick shots.
Weather has been a hindrance around here and I'm really itching to get out and fly! LOL!
2018-1-4
Use props
Brambleman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

Lee Moon Posted at 2018-1-4 15:57
Thank you, Brambleman! I did try active track, but the car was a bit too close to get a good lock.  My next attempt will be to find a more scenic and wide open area to shoot in.  I'm sure active track will be much smoother than I am. :-)  That said, I still want to become more comfortable manually flying to get some other sweeping shots that aren't available in the intelligent flight modes/quick shots.
Weather has been a hindrance around here and I'm really itching to get out and fly! LOL!

Absolutely! I am trying to hone my skills as well for that sweet cinematic pan action. Buying a drone during the winter is freaking torture....I can't stop thinking about flying, but the days are so short and the weather rarely cooperates :/
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Good job! It's smooth and stable.
2018-1-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Nicely done, thank you for sharing! The manual circle was pretty good though.
2018-1-7
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-7 00:19
Good job! It's smooth and stable.

Thank you, DJI Thor! I'm still trying to learn how to fly smoothly.  I think getting the RC will help with that.
2018-1-7
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-7 00:44
Nicely done, thank you for sharing! The manual circle was pretty good though.

Thank you, Wachtberger! Now that the weather here appears to be clearing up, I hope to get out and practice a lot more.
2018-1-7
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules