Time between calling DJI service and getting an email w/RMA
1282 9 2015-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

I called DJI yesterday to explain issue with gimbal(seems like bad bearing in right to left turning functionality, lead to motor in right to left motion to burn out).  After good talk on the phone guy from DJI said be sending my email for instructions on how process the return.  I wondering from others experience how long until I would get an email from them with RMA and how ship it back.  I guess I need ship the whole unit back to get work done.  I called them late yesterday afternoon.

Thanks,

Chris
2015-4-21
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

any thoughts?
2015-4-21
Use props
Pixcoptair
New
Flight distance : 320709 ft
Canada

Mine took 5min to get by email
2015-4-21
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

I was surprised that I didn't get email from them once I got off the phone.. I was on hold 45 minutes and then maybe another 15 minutes explaining this issue and proving the purchased it from DJI vendor.  Everything went fine on the phone but just didn't get email back to start the process and confirmed my email twice with guy.  
2015-4-21
Use props
Bill Davis
New

United States

I sent in my Inspire and they have it and they told me it would be 5 to 6 weeks before they look at it.
2015-5-7
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

chrisfromalbany Posted at 2015-4-21 23:27
I was surprised that I didn't get email from them once I got off the phone.. I was on hold 45 minute ...

You should log directly into the Zendesk system they use. Everything they send you on email is in there and its a more direct way to communicate with their support staff than email.

https://djitechnology.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests
2015-5-7
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

had two reports today people get repairs done on i1 and online system isn't getting updated.. DJI rep on phone said wasnt there job update the ticket..

Good News but add one more thing to the list of items DJI need to fix.

After 44 minutes of holding I spoke to a rep. He told me that my Inspire has been repaired and ready to be tested then shipped out. I asked why the online ticketing system does not show this, showing no activity since Check-In and his response was "I don't know why, I don't support that system."
They received my Inspire 5 weeks ago today. I called Monday and was told it was fixed. They haven't put anything on my Zendesk, so called again Wednesday and it was still there. Was given no answer as to how long before shipping. Just checked Zendesk, nothing there so I don't know here it is.

I was told they are busy, it's a big place, Mondays are busy because of all the shipments coming in. This didn't help me any. All I hear is "too bad so sad, stand in line ".

2015-5-7
Use props
Mistician
lvl.2

United States

chrisfromalbany Posted at 2015-5-8 07:13
had two reports today people get repairs done on i1 and online system isn't getting updated.. DJI re ...

I was in the same boat, Chris. My Inspire received an updated status on the ticket as being repaired but I never received any messages or emails confirming this. The most recent Zendesk message was that my unit had been checked in and was waiting to be added to the repair line. It took around two weeks for DJI to send me a new message telling me the unit was repaired, tested and was waiting to be shipped. A few days later I received a final message from DJI stating that a tracking number had been issued and in 48 hours the unit would be shipped. It's scheduled to arrive here on Monday, after a five day transit time.
2015-5-7
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

Mistician Posted at 2015-5-8 08:17
I was in the same boat, Chris. My Inspire received an updated status on the ticket as being repair ...

What was delivery date DJi.. what was check in date?

Thanks,

Chris
2015-5-7
Use props
Mistician
lvl.2

United States

chrisfromalbany Posted at 2015-5-8 10:48
What was delivery date DJi.. what was check in date?

Thanks,

Hey Chris, it was delivered to DJI March 23rd. It was checked in on April 2nd. I didn't hear anything else from DJI until April 30th.
2015-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules