Any Pixel phone users able to get their Osmo Mobile working?
2088 5 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BubbaLee
lvl.1
Canada

I have the Pixel One phone and like a lot of other Pixel phone users on this forum, it is no longer working with the Osmo Mobile. I get the "Cannot record video. Allow DJI to access your Mic" message. I'm just wondering if there are any Pixel phone users out there who actually have a fully functioning Osmo?

Has admin. acknowledged the issue yet? Is there any ETA on an update/patch? It was a real bummer not having the Osmo working over the holidays with my family.
2018-1-5
Use props
fans31a348ce
lvl.2
United States

I've been going through all the Posts on this forum and the only solution I've found is to enable beautify mode and use 720p but app will still crash in selfie mode.
DJI doesn't seem to care much about Android. they seem to give IOS priority. The issue is not with pixel phones it's with Android 8.0 and higher.
I am seriously thinking about getting rid of my Osmo mobile and getting the EVO Shift. Their app looks exactly like the DJI app but performs better and has way more options.lets face it the DJI hardware is only motors and buttons with out the software.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Bubba, we do apologize for the trouble caused to your vacation, we have been aware of this issue and our engineers are working on it, I believe it will get sorted out soon, appreciate your kind patience.
Temporarily, we suggest to use HID function, which means when you connect to Osmo Mobile's Bluetooth, you can also use the stock Camera APP in your phone for shooting, Osmo Mobile could just to a stabilizer. The shutter and video buttons in the handle can be used to control the volume button in your phone, thereby to trigger the video and picture taking.

2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans31a348ce Posted at 2018-1-5 20:24
I've been going through all the Posts on this forum and the only solution I've found is to enable beautify mode and use 720p but app will still crash in selfie mode.
DJI doesn't seem to care much about Android. they seem to give IOS priority. The issue is not with pixel phones it's with Android 8.0 and higher.
I am seriously thinking about getting rid of my Osmo mobile and getting the EVO Shift. Their app looks exactly like the DJI app but performs better and has way more options.lets face it the DJI hardware is only motors and buttons with out the software.

Sir, our apologies for the unpleasant experience with our product, we do care about customers' feedback and experience with our product, since there are many Android devices keep updating and being released, we are also working on keeping improving our product to make it compatible with more devices.
For you issue, may we have the crash log which can be exported in mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH for further analysis if possible? We appreciate your assistance.
2018-1-5
Use props
StevenDavid
New
United States

I guess I should have visited the forums before i purchased the Osmo Mobile. Using the Pixel camera app, I am at least able to use the stabilizer. But it would be nice to have the DJI Go app working properly, that was the one selling point that convinced me to make the purchase. In the DJI Go app, it crashes when I try selfie mode. Once it crashes, that's it. Every time I try to open the app, it crashes, so I have to uninstall and reinstall. It would also be nice, that since there are two versions, they could tell us the correct one to download. Just opened the box a little while ago, and I am already disappointed.
2018-1-9
Use props
Gary Brandel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285650 ft
Canada

StevenDavid Posted at 2018-1-9 12:03
I guess I should have visited the forums before i purchased the Osmo Mobile. Using the Pixel camera app, I am at least able to use the stabilizer. But it would be nice to have the DJI Go app working properly, that was the one selling point that convinced me to make the purchase. In the DJI Go app, it crashes when I try selfie mode. Once it crashes, that's it. Every time I try to open the app, it crashes, so I have to uninstall and reinstall. It would also be nice, that since there are two versions, they could tell us the correct one to download. Just opened the box a little while ago, and I am already disappointed.

the dji app doesn't look like it's able to use all the cool pixel features that the stock camera app can though, so I find if I use the dji app, all the footage looks like garbage.
2019-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules