Phantom 4 Pro Plus Flight Planner patch please
6190 17 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K3vn
New
Flight distance : 6631 ft
United States

Just purchased the Phantom 4 Pro Plus for great aerial photos and photogrammetry (topographic maps); learned yesterday that the Flight Planner software is not compatible with the Plus controller.  Is there a patch or a patch in the works?  Otherwise, I may need to buy a separate new Pro controller without the built in screen to be able to use the sofware and fly effciient grid patterns.   Please advise....  Or send a firmware/software update patch.  Thank you!  Kevin  

2018-1-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

From the DJI Phantom 4 pro FAQ:
    10.Can I download other apps onto the Phantom 4 Pro + remote controller display?
    No. Currently the Phantom 4 Pro + controller does not support downloading additional third party apps.

The P4 pro+ is not good for photogrammetry and mapping because you cannot install any 3rd party apps (like DroneDeploy) that you would need to run.
The only solution is to use an ordinary P4 pro controller.
2018-1-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

From the manual: "Be sure to use the DJI GO TM 4 app or other apps compatible with DJI aircraft during flight."

But as Laborides say, no other apps than the one pre-installed from DJI is allowed on the plus controller, so really no other apps than DJI GO 4 is possible at the moment.

If P4P is brand new, is there not some sort of regret policy you can take use of and then buy the P4P with regular controller?
Really is a lot of money to spend a second RC.

It is my understanding that use of more Apps has been made possible on the CrystalSky device, not sure if we plus owners can be that lucky too, as the device more or less is the same.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Kevin, we are sorry that the P4P+ does not support to install the third party APP currently.
2018-1-7
Use props
djiuser_SUfyEJmjPTn4
New

India

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-7 00:11
Hey Kevin, we are sorry that the P4P+ does not support to install the third party APP currently.

Dji Susan .....would you like to  tell us  please ..........how mach time it will take to solve this problem????????
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_SUfyEJmjPTn4 Posted at 2018-3-26 06:00
Dji Susan .....would you like to  tell us  please ..........how mach time it will take to solve this problem????????

The built-in screen supports to install the third-party APP now. For more details, please check here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-134274-1-1.html
2018-3-27
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Just remember..
Even thouth you can install 3rd party apps now as DJI Susan mention, it does not support
apps that require Google Play Services and Google Play Store.
So You have do develope your own Flight Planner software or find a Flight Planner Software
that do not use the Google Services. Another work aroound is to "root / hack" your controller,
but thats absolutly not recommended at all!!

Despite the support of 3dr party apps as is right now, the best solution is to buy the controller
without build in screen to meet your needs.
2018-3-27
Use props
fans6c3d815d
New
Peru

DJI you must do a path for your users. The controller “plus” is useless.
2018-4-24
Use props
djiuser_qkqjrcAH1drS
lvl.1
Ghana

It's so disappointing, the p4p+ V2 crystalsky controller still doesn't support the use of flight planning software like dronedeploy. Although you can find a way to install the app, you can't use it.

I don't know what to do with the controller since I bought the drone purposely for photogrammetry.

Lemme know if you have any work around. Thanks
2022-2-4
Use props
FasilitasKantor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127224 ft
Indonesia

if we can install google apps, can it installed?
2022-2-10
Use props
djiuser_zQAO3Sshsjfg
New

United States

Currently in the same boat and looking for a solution myself.
2022-3-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_zQAO3Sshsjfg Posted at 3-1 12:37
Currently in the same boat and looking for a solution myself.

The solution is simple.
The + controller doesn't support loading 3rd party apps.
You need to buy a regular controller and a tablet and use that.

Be aware that you need a controller that matches your Drone.
The original controller will not work with a v2.0 drone and vice versa.
2022-3-1
Use props
SM-17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Malta

Labroides Posted at 3-1 14:26
The solution is simple.
The + controller doesn't support loading 3rd party apps.
You need to buy a regular controller and a tablet and use that.

and why you consider this solution simple ??

at that time, people bought the P4P PLUS because they tought it was the best in the P4P series, the controller had the hardware, it was DJI that failed
2022-3-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SM-17 Posted at 3-2 09:22
and why you consider this solution simple ??

at that time, people bought the P4P PLUS because they tought it was the best in the P4P series, the controller had the hardware, it was DJI that failed

It's simple because it's not complicated.

You really need to do a little homework before spending on technology.
The + model has never allowed installing mapping apps, but people that don't do any research keep imagining it will.

2022-3-2
Use props
djiuser_zQAO3Sshsjfg
New

United States

Labroides Posted at 3-2 13:45
It's simple because it's not complicated.

You really need to do a little homework before spending on technology.

100% Correct. This was ordered by someone else in the company without asking me about it first.  They bought it thinking it was the latest and greatest and therefore the "best". I tried to tell them this wasn't the right controller only a couple of weeks after, and now stuck trying to make sure I get the controller compatible with 4 PRO V2.0. . . . . That being said, anybody know if the GL300F is compatible or does it have to be the GL300L?
2022-3-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_zQAO3Sshsjfg Posted at 3-7 12:28
100% Correct. This was ordered by someone else in the company without asking me about it first.  They bought it thinking it was the latest and greatest and therefore the "best". I tried to tell them this wasn't the right controller only a couple of weeks after, and now stuck trying to make sure I get the controller compatible with 4 PRO V2.0. . . . . That being said, anybody know if the GL300F is compatible or does it have to be the GL300L?

The GL300L is the standard controller that is compatible with the V2.0.
This is the one that you need.

The GL300F is for the original P4 pro, and is not compatible with the V2.0
2022-3-7
Use props
djiuser_zQAO3Sshsjfg
New

United States

Labroides Posted at 3-7 13:57
The GL300L is the standard controller that is compatible with the V2.0.
This is the one that you need.

Thank you very much! Saved me a lot of time researching on my own.
2022-3-8
Use props
Gladsaxe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23927 ft
Denmark

djiuser_zQAO3Sshsjfg Posted at 3-8 04:45
Thank you very much! Saved me a lot of time researching on my own.

Litchi works for me on a P4p+ v2.0. I do fly waypoint missions.
I have mentioned my workaround on this matter here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D559%26typeid%3D559
2022-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules