611 13 2018-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dennisz
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi DJI-Community

I‘m new to the whole drone flying.
I flew now for about 30 minutes but I got a problem (at least I think so).

I live in an area where we do no have good internet connection.
The problem I have is, it often says I don‘t have connection to the gimbal.
But I want still to record stuff, because I‘m in a mountain area with a beautiful view.

My question is: Am I unable to record videos or take pictures when I‘m not connected to the gimbal?

And what is the reason for that, because I got GPS.
Is it the connection of my phone to drone?

I couldn‘t find any information in the book and also not on the internet.
I‘m sorry if I still missed something there.

Thank you for every answer.

Best Regards
Dennis
2018-1-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The gimbal is the mechanical stabiliser that holds the camera... it has nothing to do with an internet connection. You seriously need to read the DJI manual - at least twice and watch all of the DJI tutorials.
2018-1-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed. Might want to practice with the flight simulator in the go4 app.
2018-1-6
Use props
Kevin_d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4219 ft
United States

Internet isn't a requirement to fly and capture video or pictures. I think the only thing Internet is used for during a flight is to update the map but that's not been working so well anyway.

When you say "it often says I don‘t have connection to the gimbal" what is saying that and what exactly is it saying? I've seen "disconnected" on my phone a few times but, according to the FAQ, that is the connection between the phone and the remote controller. In my case, making sure I have a good USB connection and I'm set for USB debugging (Android) usually takes care of that. But even without the phone, as long as the RC is connected to the Mavic you should be able to record or take a picture. You just won't see it on the phone so you won't know what you're shooting. Everything is stored on the SD card in the drone. No Internet required.

I agree with the others. Read the manuals, watch the tutorials and I'll add check out the FAQs and go out and try things/practice on the drone safely.
2018-1-6
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

As others have stated, "please read manual".  Very alarming that you're flying and don't know some basic info.
2018-1-6
Use props
dennisz
lvl.1
Switzerland

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-6 08:16
As others have stated, "please read manual".  Very alarming that you're flying and don't know some basic info.

As I stated, maybe I missed some information. Can happen, I mean you can't even read a post right.
2018-1-6
Use props
dennisz
lvl.1
Switzerland

Thank you everybody. Seems like I missed something then, I will make sure to read the manual again!

Best Regards!
2018-1-6
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

dennisz Posted at 2018-1-6 09:49
As I stated, maybe I missed some information. Can happen, I mean you can't even read a post right.

I apologize if you took my comment as an insult...I would just hate for you to have a "fly away" or crash.  I'm sure that you've seen some of the horror stories here an on other forums.  Happy flying!
2018-1-6
Use props
dennisz
lvl.1
Switzerland

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-6 09:52
I apologize if you took my comment as an insult...I would just hate for you to have a "fly away" or crash.  I'm sure that you've seen some of the horror stories here an on other forums.  Happy flying!

Maybe I did take it as one. But don't worry. I mean, I'm the unprepared one ^^. But still I will try to be more prepared for my next flight. I didn't check out the tutorials yet. Will do that right now.

Best regards!
2018-1-6
Use props
dennisz
lvl.1
Switzerland

A CW Posted at 2018-1-6 07:45
The gimbal is the mechanical stabiliser that holds the camera... it has nothing to do with an internet connection. You seriously need to read the DJI manual - at least twice and watch all of the DJI tutorials.

I know what the gimbal is. But will make sure to read it again. Missed something then. Thank you!
2018-1-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dennisz Posted at 2018-1-6 11:06
I know what the gimbal is. But will make sure to read it again. Missed something then. Thank you!

No worries - learning everything is all part of the hobby. Strong coffee helps...
2018-1-6
Use props
Ole Dennis
New
Flight distance : 584 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-6 07:45

Hi, I've been reading all I can before I fly my new Mavic Pro. Your post here to read the manual is interesting to me because I cannot find a manual of any kind for the DJI go 4 app. Is there such an animal? Or was your reference to the Mavic manual?
2018-1-7
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Ole Dennis Posted at 2018-1-7 09:05
Hi, I've been reading all I can before I fly my new Mavic Pro. Your post here to read the manual is interesting to me because I cannot find a manual of any kind for the DJI go 4 app. Is there such an animal? Or was your reference to the Mavic manual?

Here's what i found and it looks about as current as it gets i think https://forum.dji.com/thread-118397-1-1.html
2018-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rolling56 Posted at 2018-1-7 09:16
Here's what i found and it looks about as current as it gets i think https://forum.dji.com/thread-118397-1-1.html

Thats the one. Contains everything you need on the actual app and yes, the full version of the Mavic operating manual can be found in downloads.
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules