881 2 2018-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_W4IzqHJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3228 ft
United Kingdom

Hi again.

Yet another issue as well as my range issue and battery issue. when i select the wifi button in the app to select 2.4 instead of 5.8g. It shows the 2 buttons for 1 second then disapears. No matter what i try i cant select 2.4g unless otg cable plugged in but then not only do i have no flight info displaying the range is still rubbish at 300ft then disconnects. I have uninstalled the app re paring the drone and transmitter please can you HELP.
2018-1-6
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Read some other threads about it in here, there are literally hundreds of them. European phones do not support the 5,8GHz band, that's why you can't switch to it and OTG connection is broken in newer versions of DJI GO 4. So you either have to stick with the short range for the time being (DJI promissed they will fix the OTG cable issue ... over a month ago) or you have to downgrade DJI GO 4 to 4.1.15 (for android device) that still works fine with an OTG cable and you will be able to use the 2,4GHz band for better range.
2018-1-7
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

You can switch to 2.4ghz by changing channels, for some reason on the latest/UK version of the app its not just a simple toggle switch like in most of the videos i've seen (mainly American). Go onto the Channel screen in the app (see picture) and switch it from 'Auto' to 'Custom', then scroll down slightly where you can pick a Channel number, the lower numbered channels are on 2.4 1-12 IIRC, pick whichever one has the least interference (the shortest bar)

The 2.4/5.8ghz refers to the band the RC is connected to the AC, not the phone connected to the RC so i can't see why there'd be a problem with it. I'd like to say though while i have tried to switch channels and it does appear to work, i've not tried it 'in the field' yet.
IMG_4886.PNG
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules