738 8 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CMeacham
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6135 ft
United States

Hey guys,
First off, I'm a new Phantom 4 Pro owner and also a first-time poster. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and hanging out in the forums.

As for my problem, I purchased a SanDisk Extreme Plus 128 micro to use in the P4P. When I removed the 16gb card that came with the drone, and tried to replace it with the SanDisk, I was unable to get the card to fit into the P4P properly. The card seemed too snug and didn't click-lock like the original card. I had a very difficult time removing it from the P4P slot. when I re-inserted the 16 gb card, it clicked back in perfectly. I tried a couple times to no avail. I'll attach a link to the card I purchased. Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I tried searching but didn't get any hits.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Link: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/san ... 501.p?skuId=5110501

2018-1-7
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

First welcome!
OK I know this sounds simple, but I will ask, have you made sure you inserted the disc in correctly?  They go in at what seems upside down than what you would expect, so I'd make sure of that first.
Next, have you attempted to insert this card in another slot to see if it does not go in there either?
Assuming you did insert it correctly in the P4P and you experience the same problem in another slot, then you'd have a bad card for some reason.
2018-1-7
Use props
CMeacham
lvl.1
United States

Thanks, Ghengis. Yes, I mirrored the other card, as far as orientation. I did notice that you had to turn the card upside down.. That was a bit unusual. I'll try it in another device and see how that goes.  
2018-1-7
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

CMeacham Posted at 2018-1-7 14:42
Thanks, Ghengis. Yes, I mirrored the other card, as far as orientation. I did notice that you had to turn the card upside down.. That was a bit unusual. I'll try it in another device and see how that goes.

OK
If by chance the card does fit in another slot, then I can only tell you I have never heard of this problem with a P4P...someone else here might have, but not for myself.  
If it were me, under those circumstances, I'd see if I could exchange the card for a new one and see how that goes.  Keep us posted on this one?
2018-1-7
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never had this issue with the P4P, I did with the MP b/c the card wouldn't come out as easy as the original. Had to use a knife to click the card out. If your card doesn't click out maybe try to pry it out with point of the knife to click the card out?
2018-1-7
Use props
CMeacham
lvl.1
United States

I had to use a pin to grab the card and extract it. I'll keep you posted.
2018-1-7
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

One thing I just thought of too...
As MC just mentioned you have to ensure you are fully seating the card in place or it will not come out like it should/designed.
I have to use my fingernail to ensure my cards are pushed in and seated in place and the same to get them to unseat.  If I fail to properly seat the card to start with, it will be more difficult to remove unless I push it in to seat it then again to remove it.  Not sure that that might be part of the problem here but something else to consider.
2018-1-7
Use props
CMeacham
lvl.1
United States

I finally managed to get the card to work. It seems there was a slight burr that was causing the card to fit tighter than it should, which kept it from freely clicking in. Thanks for the replies and the help.
2018-1-7
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

CMeacham Posted at 2018-1-7 18:15
I finally managed to get the card to work. It seems there was a slight burr that was causing the card to fit tighter than it should, which kept it from freely clicking in. Thanks for the replies and the help.

Good to know
Fly Safe, Have Fun
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules