Video Feed In Atti Mode??
590 7 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wetordry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8589 ft
United States

Can anyone say for sure, when going from GPS mode to Atti mode does the video feed still work?  If so, why are there so many claims of flyaways?  If not, why not?  If you still have connection do the RC you should still maintain a video connection.

Thanks,
2018-1-7
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

The video feed is not affected.
If it is in visual range, I do certainly not use the video feed to fly it home.
Time is a factor, I wan’t it home before it hits something or gets out of range.

The video is not much use for that, because:
There is no time for dismissing the popup messages blocking the view (iphone se),
and video lag may make it slow to determine which way the spark looks.
It might work if a function button could be assigned to switch the messages off, but unfortunately there is not.
2018-1-8
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

In my opinion Video feed is crucial , in ATTI mode the drone is like ball on a pool-table , once it gain acceleration in one direction it matanin the course and speed . Than LOS is a fairy tail. You need to use video to determinate position and heading and brake, than back to landing .

MY OPINION.
2018-1-8
Use props
wetordry
lvl.4
United States

heliman Posted at 2018-1-8 00:10
The video feed is not affected.
If it is in visual range, I do certainly not use the video feed to fly it home.
Time is a factor, I wan’t it home before it hits something or gets out of range.

Good point, I wasn't taking into consideration the video lag.  I would think once the AC goes into atti mode and the pilot can no longer see the AC because the wind is pushing it away you could go to the video to help bring it back.
2018-1-8
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

sometimes Murphy's law rules. ATTI with download link disconnected i.e. intermittent lost of connection between RC and AC causing the situation turns from bad to worst.

However the video link may gives a general idea of where the AC is or indicate how AC reacts to the sticks (directionally) so you can have an idea where it is pointing.

Unfortunately keeping the AC within VLOS is probably the best guide to bring the AC home with the sticks when ATTI mode kicks in.
2018-1-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

wetordry Posted at 2018-1-8 07:41
Good point, I wasn't taking into consideration the video lag.  I would think once the AC goes into atti mode and the pilot can no longer see the AC because the wind is pushing it away you could go to the video to help bring it back.

Especially if you know the area you are flying in or if you remember landmarks you saw when the flight started the video can be crucial for orientation at least until you get your Spark back in visual contact.
2018-1-8
Use props
wetordry
lvl.4
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-8 08:12
Especially if you know the area you are flying in or if you remember landmarks you saw when the flight started the video can be crucial for orientation at least until you get your Spark back in visual contact.

That was my point exactly.  I never plan on flying out of VLOS but... if for some reason it looses GPS and blows away I was hoping video feed would increase my chances of bringing it back to VLOS as you point out.  

Thanks for posting, Ive gained a lot of knowledge from these threads.  Now i just need warm weather to go out and apply!
2018-1-8
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

If I had to, I would point the camera down and select a good landing spot.
Or ascend and hope for gps lock. If there have been no compass errors.
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules