Do I have to change the landing gear for H4 3D?
1396 4 2015-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tjohnson
lvl.1

Canada

Will the out of box setup support the gimbal?

Thanks,

TJ
2015-4-21
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Short answer, no you don't have to change the landing gear.   Yes, out of the box will support it just fine.

Longer answer, depended on where you take off and land.  I was concerned about getting dirt, moisture, etc on the lens because the camera sits so close to the ground. I previously tried a set of extended legs which are ok but I eventually opted to go with some 3d printed leg extenders.  I have a total of four Phantoms and I can remove the leg extenders and simply snap them on whichever Phantom I happen to be flying.  I also wanted to be able to use just one travel case that all the phantom would fit in -- again, the leg extenders are easily removed to fit the case.  Additionally, I always hand catch the Phantoms when landing and take something with me that I can use as a take off pad to avoid the grass, dirt, etc.
The photo on the left shows a Phantom with tall landing gear next to regular Phantom body.  Note that the tall landing gear requires relocation of the CAN bus connector and modification of the landing gear leg.  Leg extenders are in the right side photo.

Phantom Leg with CAN-Bus.gif
2015-4-22
Use props
aladrian
lvl.1
Netherlands

I've added 10mm spacers above my Landing gear.  I 3D printed them from a model on Thingiverse:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:641618
Of course they stay on all the time, and extending the legs 10mm was within the scope of my cable slack.
Now I printed them, but TBH they would be a doddle to hand-craft out of a bit of wood or plastic.
2015-4-22
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

the h34d gimbal is better than the h33d and does just fine on its own.
2015-4-22
Use props
Tjohnson
lvl.1

Canada

gil Posted at 2015-4-22 22:45
Short answer, no you don't have to change the landing gear.   Yes, out of the box will support it ju ...

Thanks so much, very helpful.
2015-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules