2260 33 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

After 6 months.... finally the first scar... :-|

Did not know what happened. It was Active Tracking me (like hundreds of times before) and suddenly headed right…

Hit a pole (I guess fortunately – if not, would end in the river).

…. But, Why did Object Avoidance did not work like number of times before?

Broke an arm.

Glued. Flying ok (5 flights after).

Should I be confident with the fix?

2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for the crash, Adriano, to ensure the safety and performance, we'd recommend you to send it in for evaluation and get it repaired by engineers. Besides, unauthorized modification will void the warranty, for details, please visit: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
2018-1-8
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

I had a similar crack on the rear wing.  Fixed it with Super glue Loctite 495/496 and since then have gone through more than 20 flights without any problems.
2018-1-8
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Who was flying it?  They should have taken corrective action when the autopilot veered off course.  The FAA frowns on pilots that leave cockpit duties, because autopilot is engaged, to do other things,...like take a jog.  You can get the body/frame for $30 from Amazon.com and swap it over, if you are decent at repairing small tech things.

2018-1-8
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

I was flying it ;-)

As I have done hundrets of times before. I use a lot of Active Track to “selfie” me.

This time, two consecutive errors

1 – Turn to right with no logical explanation

2 – Object avoidance sensor did not go off (as it Did many, many times before).

2018-1-9
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Looks like it homed in on the blue gate....poor show.
2018-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The fix looks pretty crude. It was a narrow gap you were trying to get through was pretty narrow, it looks like you increased your own speed and spark got confused don’t know if it can sense obstacle going sideways like that.
I wouldn’t be confident of flying it like that, but what’s the cost of repairing, I’m taking it you don’t have Care refresh.
2018-1-9
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear about your crash.  I’d be interested to have a look at your logs to see if we could learn anything about what happened.  If interested, go to the following site and follow the directions.  Then post the resulting link here.  Thanks!  
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-1-9
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Bright Spark Posted at 2018-1-9 04:18
Looks like it homed in on the blue gate....poor show.

True.  The blue gate is almost the same color as your shirt.
2018-1-9
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

If you can be bothered, try walking up to that concrete pole with spark in hand , and watch the colour of the compass screen sensor.
Semms you were well away fron it when it veered, but who knows?
2018-1-9
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-1-9 05:25
Sorry to hear about your crash.  I’d be interested to have a look at your logs to see if we could learn anything about what happened.  If interested, go to the following site and follow the directions.  Then post the resulting link here.  Thanks!  

Can I do that with no computer? (just mobile)?
2018-1-9
Use props
hooked
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20509 ft
United States

I had the exact same thing happened recently with activetrack (flying backward). Even with the object right in the middle of the frame, you can see spark starting to veer off to right. Luckily, I was high enough to not get into the palm trees.

https://youtu.be/tBw3jOrexw8
2018-1-9
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

That's not the same at all. You're going slightly faster than spark can so it's panning you as you go by. User error.
2018-1-9
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

sorry for your accident.  
2018-1-9
Use props
hooked
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20509 ft
United States

Ah, ok. Got it. If the trees wouldn't have blocked the subject, would spark start following in the subject in my scenario?
2018-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Adriano Araujo Posted at 2018-1-9 08:43
Can I do that with no computer? (just mobile)?

Yes your log is in your phone go to link follow instructions.
2018-1-9
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

hooked Posted at 2018-1-9 09:03
I had the exact same thing happened recently with activetrack (flying backward). Even with the object right in the middle of the frame, you can see spark starting to veer off to right. Luckily, I was high enough to not get into the palm trees.

https://youtu.be/tBw3jOrexw8

You have to use profile mode. It wil maintain in front of you
2018-1-9
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hooked - yes it will pan then follow. But perhaps more space is best to test out how it behaves.  
2018-1-9
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-9 10:24

Unfortunatelly iOS requeires na computer to retrieve the TXT. 
2018-1-9
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-9 10:24

Does this helps?

https://app.airdata.com/main?fli ... d=SENSORSSignal_Map
2018-1-10
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67257 ft
United States

Such a bummer
2018-1-10
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-1-9 05:25

Also, note this “screen record” of the fatidic flight.

Active Track ´till the end. You can see the deviation on the map.

2018-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Adriano Araujo Posted at 2018-1-10 09:29
Also, note this “screen record” of the fatidic flight.

Active Track ´till the end. You can see the deviation on the map.

That log doesn’t really help, but looking at your video here, could wind have effected aircraft?
2018-1-10
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-10 09:53
That log doesn’t really help, but looking at your video here, could wind have effected aircraft?

No. It was dead calm.
2018-1-10
Use props
Epyonz
lvl.1
Canada

That really sucks. When you have trust in your device to work as it should and suddenly without any immediate explanation that we can see, the drone just drifts unintentionally. I would hope that DJI covers this as it doesn't appear that you were doing anything wrong in my opinion.
2018-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Only other thing I see is at 6 seconds you move slightly left this might cause Aircraft to go slightly right which would throw it slightly off track.
2018-1-10
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

Epyonz Posted at 2018-1-10 10:00
That really sucks. When you have trust in your device to work as it should and suddenly without any immediate explanation that we can see, the drone just drifts unintentionally. I would hope that DJI covers this as it doesn't appear that you were doing anything wrong in my opinion.

I have doing things like that for 6 months in a roll. First problem. It could be worse - If not hitting the pole, the Spark shoud end inside the river.

Glued the arm and now it works like a charm agaim. 5 flights after. Everything is ok.

I will continue to do that, since It´s my primary use for the drone. =)
2018-1-10
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Adriano Araujo Posted at 2018-1-9 03:29
I was flying it ;-)

As I have done hundrets of times before. I use a lot of Active Track to “selfie” me.

If you were flying it, then you should have applied stick commands to guide it left.  Pilot error.  Airborne aircraft are subject to drifting off course due to currents in the air and environmental effects.  Pilots are deployed to guide the aircraft through this.  Cheap lesson on the limiits of autopilots since it is only $30 for a new Spark frame.

No intelligent flight modes don't negate the need for an active pilot.  Setting the drone on its own, with no pilot or a pilot busy with other tasks, to accomplish a tracking flight is risky.  Story after story of pilots letting their drone fly into something or someone while the "pilot" did other things.

2018-1-10
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-10 10:09
Only other thing I see is at 6 seconds you move slightly left this might cause Aircraft to go slightly right which would throw it slightly off track.

I have seen the video several times, and the logs too. Could not find any answer.

One of those two, are the main suspects:

1 - Software/hardware error

2 - For some reason it started the circle movement while Active Tracking. The phone was in my hand (with the screen locket | Two fingers swipe down on DJI go 4 app) - But somehow it may be started it.

2018-1-10
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-10 11:10
If you were flying it, then you should have applied stick commands to guide it left.  Pilot error.  Airborne aircraft are subject to drifting off course due to currents in the air and environmental effects.  Pilots are deployed to guide the aircraft through this.  Cheap lesson on the limiits of autopilots since it is only $30 for a new Spark frame.

No intelligent flight modes don't negate the need for an active pilot.  Setting the drone on its own, with no pilot or a pilot busy with other tasks, to accomplish a tracking flight is risky.  Story after story of pilots letting their drone fly into something or someone while the "pilot" did other things.

I see your point.  And I agree with it.

But the use for me is this way. Selfieing me.

Beeing doing this for a long time with no problems. Have made several videos this way.

I´ll take the odds. ;-)
2018-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Adriano Araujo Posted at 2018-1-10 11:12
I have seen the video several times, and the logs too. Could not find any answer.

One of those two, are the main suspects:

Yeah it’s a pity it had to crash, from the beginning it looked like it was working great, I suppose there will always be an element of risk when flying through obstacles, but if it works the effect is that much better.
Good Luck.
2018-1-10
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with the others, there isn't anything of any use in the parts of the logs that I can easily access.  DJI may have access to more bits that could help determine what happened.

I'm sure its just a coincidence, but that gate being the same color as your shirt makes me wonder if the active tracking protocols utilize color at all to help with tracking?  If so, it could be feasible that it locked onto that gate for some odd reason.  

Glad to hear you were able to glue humpty dumpty back together and get back to flying.
2018-1-10
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Adriano Araujo Posted at 2018-1-10 11:20
I see your point.  And I agree with it.

But the use for me is this way. Selfieing me.

Fair enough.  

I can't use it that way since the video of me riding my bike is ruined by my constant glances to make sure the Spark isn't up to mischief.  I had to enlist a copilot.

2018-1-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry for your loss.
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now