Flight simulator
2594 18 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
olinetalker
lvl.1
United States

Brand new to drones.  I have a Phantom 4 pro and I hit the thing for academy and then Simulator comes up with enter below it. When I hit that I get the following message. Simulator is only available when connected to the aircraft. Turn on the aircraft and check the connection. The aircraft is turned on and I have tried having the cord from the phone to the aircraft connected and without. Have the cord from the phone to the RC. Nothing seems to work. HELP LOL

2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, please make sure the aircraft and RC have been linked well, then you can enter the Flight Simulator. No need to connect the mobile with aircraft. Restrat the aircraft if you exit the Simulator Mode.
2018-1-8
Use props
olinetalker
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-8 23:13
Hey there, please make sure the aircraft and RC have been linked well, then you can enter the Flight Simulator. No need to connect the mobile with aircraft. Restrat the aircraft if you exit the Simulator Mode.

Ok, so what could be causing a problem as far as the two being linked? I was trying to do this in the house and they are about 2 feet apart. Could it be the phone that I am trying to use or is it something with the RC and the aircraft itself?
2018-1-9
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

You connect the device to the controller with the lead as you would for a normal flight, not to the aircraft. Just make sure the drone and the controller are both on.
2018-1-9
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

olinetalker Posted at 2018-1-9 06:01
Ok, so what could be causing a problem as far as the two being linked? I was trying to do this in the house and they are about 2 feet apart. Could it be the phone that I am trying to use or is it something with the RC and the aircraft itself?

Hi..

There is two ways to use the simulator.
1) Turn on Your radio, and then the Drone. Wait a moment until everything
is bootet up and ready.
Now hit the little icon showing some kind of "student hat", and the simulator should
start up on the phones screen.

2) Another way to use the simulator is on Your computer.
Turn on the Radio, then the Drone, and let them boot up as before.
Next run the DJI Assistent software on Your PC/Mac. Now connect the
drone with the computer using the USB cable (Without the little adapter).
Choose to connect to Your drone at the startup screen, and then choose
Simulator in the menu showing up on the left side of the screen.
From here You can star the simulator and use it from the computer.
On Your radio You can now connect to the drone as if You where out flying
in the real world.

I personaly prefere soulution number two because of the much bigger screen
with better graphic.

Hope You get it to work. If Not, then tell where it goes wrong in the process..

2018-1-9
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I never even realised that you could run the flight sim on a computer. I’ve only ever used the assistant software once to load the beta onto my drone.
2018-1-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

For serious SIM time, see www.realflight.com. ;-)

Their drone version is boss...

RedHotPoker
2018-1-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlanHd Posted at 2018-1-9 09:48
You connect the device to the controller with the lead as you would for a normal flight, not to the aircraft. Just make sure the drone and the controller are both on.

Aircraft needs to be powered up as well for it to function.

There is a 'limited' flight sim in Assistant 2, with less scenery (if that's possible).
2018-1-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-9 17:26
Aircraft needs to be powered up as well for it to function.

There is a 'limited' flight sim in Assistant 2, with less scenery (if that's possible).

You get scenery? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-1-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Less scenery? what, is it a total white out? lol
2018-1-9
Use props
olinetalker
lvl.1
United States

AlanHd Posted at 2018-1-9 09:48
You connect the device to the controller with the lead as you would for a normal flight, not to the aircraft. Just make sure the drone and the controller are both on.

I have the aircraft on I have the RC on I have the phone connected to the RC I hit the little icon in the top right of the screen I hit Academy I hit enter Simulator. Failed to enter the Flight Simulator Simulator is only available when aircraft is disconnected. Turn on the aircraft and check the connection.
2018-1-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bashy Posted at 2018-1-9 21:43

Snow bomb? Ha

RedHotPoker
2018-1-10
Use props
olinetalker
lvl.1
United States

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-1-9 11:19
Hi..

There is two ways to use the simulator.

I agree and that is what I have been told. But it doesn't. I get the message that I put in the post at the top.
2018-1-11
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

olinetalker Posted at 2018-1-9 06:01

You must make sure that the RC and the aircraft are linked,  (green light on the RC ) - See page 42/43 of the manual.
2018-1-11
Use props
olinetalker
lvl.1
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2018-1-11 06:33
You must make sure that the RC and the aircraft are linked,  (green light on the RC ) - See page 42/43 of the manual.

Ok, I will go look there because I have them all on now and I have a red light on the RC
2018-1-11
Use props
olinetalker
lvl.1
United States

olinetalker Posted at 2018-1-11 07:28
Ok, I will go look there because I have them all on now and I have a red light on the RC

Getting closer, have the green light, went to simulator for a second then shut off and now getting the old message with a green light on. LOL I give up
2018-1-11
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

olinetalker Posted at 2018-1-11 08:13
Getting closer, have the green light, went to simulator for a second then shut off and now getting the old message with a green light on. LOL I give up

I would suggest you delete the App, shut down the tablet, boot it up again, reload the App, and try again. But first make sure you have  a good cable from the tablet to the remote. The cable that came with the drone should be ok... Also, check which version of AC and RC firmware you have.
2018-1-11
Use props
olinetalker
lvl.1
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2018-1-11 10:54
I would suggest you delete the App, shut down the tablet, boot it up again, reload the App, and try again. But first make sure you have  a good cable from the tablet to the remote. The cable that came with the drone should be ok... Also, check which version of AC and RC firmware you have.

Its all new, its to cold here to fly, so wanted to do the simulator to learn before it gets warm enough to actually fly it. Did finally get a green light on the connection part, but that still didn't work. Ordered an ipad 2017. I'm sure that is going  confuse me some more when it gets here. LOL At that point I will start all over from scratch, read the manual and forget about the forums.
2018-1-11
Use props
MaintenanceKing
lvl.1

Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-1-9 21:43

It's completely flat green grass with a repeating texture that's about as big as the drone model. it looks hilarious
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules