Video and RC signal icons dissapear from go 4 app mid flight
1299 19 2018-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
killeraxemannic
lvl.1
United States

I recently got a Mavic Pro and I have been having issues with the video signal icon and the RC signal icon completely dissapearing from the go app mid flight. It seems to happen every flight and at least one of them dissapears. Usually its the video one first and then if I fly a bit further the RC signal one will dissapear as well. The controller always shows good signal and I have never lost video in the app or control of the Mavic but I always return to home as soon as the signal icon dissapears. The last time I went out to fly the video icon dissapeared when the mavic was about 300ft away from me and the RC signal dissapeared at about 1000 feet.  I have the latest firmware on the Mavic and RC and I am using android with a Galaxy S7 and an Asus Zenpad s8. The issue occurs on both devices. I have also tried refreshing the firmware on the RC and Mavic with the Dji Assistant 2 app with no changes to the behavior.

2018-1-9
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Got screengrabs?
2018-1-9
Use props
killeraxemannic
lvl.1
United States

I don't have any right now but I will try to get some later today. Everything else on screen looks normal, the icons are just completely gone.
2018-1-9
Use props
killeraxemannic
lvl.1
United States

2018-1-9
Use props
killeraxemannic
lvl.1
United States

Also another thing to note once it disappears it doesn't come back. After this picture I flew it back to me and hovered a few feet away and it was still missing.
2018-1-9
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

This used to happen to me on an older Go4 version, it was related to flying around HT power lines, try a different location?
2018-1-9
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

killeraxemannic Posted at 2018-1-9 11:34
Also another thing to note once it disappears it doesn't come back. After this picture I flew it back to me and hovered a few feet away and it was still missing.

Pretty weird. Almost sounds like a resource constraint issue. Have you tried closing all other apps while flying so as to free up all available resources for Go 4?

One thing our Android users often have problems with is screen resolutions that are non-standard, if your phone's screen resolution is not typical, whatever that is, then maybe you are seeing some of this reported weirdness, too? Are you able to modify your screen res to test this?
2018-1-9
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

I have used S7 edge and S8 Samsung without this issue other than hitting interference. Farmer over my back fence runs welders in his shed which will mess up signals. I've had warnings but not lost signal.
Make sure all other Aps are closed AND asleep. This means only one ap is sucking resource. Go to your settings and under power saving you will find where you nominate which aps are to sleep. I select all of them.
See how you go.
2018-1-9
Use props
killeraxemannic
lvl.1
United States

The S7 I am using is one we still have from an old carrier that we don't use so it's freshly wiped and only has the dji app on it. I have disabled every other app I possibly could in the app manager. It does it on both the S7 phone and my Asus Zenpad 8S tablet so I don't think it's an issue related to the android device. There are indeed power lines running right through my yard. Not sure how high of voltage they are though. I haven't gotten any interference messages. I uploaded my flight data to airdata from the flight I posed the picture of and it says the signal score was 100%. I haven't gotten a chance to fly it anywhere else except my house though so I don't know if it's related to the location or not. I also think it's strange that the controller still shows good signal when the signal indicator is gone on the app. Sometimes it's the video icon that disappears and sometimes its the RC controller signal.
2018-1-9
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I've been seeing tips saying to switch to "airplane mode" in order to not be affected by nearby WiFi.   Is your mobile device set that way?
2018-1-9
Use props
killeraxemannic
lvl.1
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-1-9 20:03
I've been seeing tips saying to switch to "airplane mode" in order to not be affected by nearby WiFi.   Is your mobile device set that way?

I have started switching my phone to airplane mode lately but for this issue it doesn't make any difference.
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

killeraxemannic Posted at 2018-1-9 18:44
The S7 I am using is one we still have from an old carrier that we don't use so it's freshly wiped and only has the dji app on it. I have disabled every other app I possibly could in the app manager. It does it on both the S7 phone and my Asus Zenpad 8S tablet so I don't think it's an issue related to the android device. There are indeed power lines running right through my yard. Not sure how high of voltage they are though. I haven't gotten any interference messages. I uploaded my flight data to airdata from the flight I posed the picture of and it says the signal score was 100%. I haven't gotten a chance to fly it anywhere else except my house though so I don't know if it's related to the location or not. I also think it's strange that the controller still shows good signal when the signal indicator is gone on the app. Sometimes it's the video icon that disappears and sometimes its the RC controller signal.

Sir, did you try to change an environment for further check? If it is not caused by interference, please shoot a video including the image screen for further analysis. And please provide us the info of firmware of your drone and the version of your app.
2018-1-10
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

The OP's not losing signal or video, just their icons in the Go 4 interface -- this can have nothing to do with interference.

Pretty odd, too, that it's happening in two devices. Maybe both downloaded a funky version of Go 4 if they  were installed in the same timeframe -- have you tried completely deleting and then reinstalling the apps? You might need a file utility to completely remove the app and all its associated files/folders. Be sure to sync your logs before doing so.
2018-1-10
Use props
gobama84
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7608 ft
United States

I'll fix this.  Please remove the protective film from your controller screen.  
2018-1-10
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

try to uninstall the app and all the cached bits, and re-install.
And/or, try an earlier version of the app....
2018-1-10
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

killeraxemannic Posted at 2018-1-9 18:44
The S7 I am using is one we still have from an old carrier that we don't use so it's freshly wiped and only has the dji app on it. I have disabled every other app I possibly could in the app manager. It does it on both the S7 phone and my Asus Zenpad 8S tablet so I don't think it's an issue related to the android device. There are indeed power lines running right through my yard. Not sure how high of voltage they are though. I haven't gotten any interference messages. I uploaded my flight data to airdata from the flight I posed the picture of and it says the signal score was 100%. I haven't gotten a chance to fly it anywhere else except my house though so I don't know if it's related to the location or not. I also think it's strange that the controller still shows good signal when the signal indicator is gone on the app. Sometimes it's the video icon that disappears and sometimes its the RC controller signal.

That used to happen to me with my android. How many gb does your phone and pad have internally? That issue stop for me when I got phone with more gb. Also what worked is , I’d fly back and land right away . Power off everything then restart . It would fix it but did get annoying
2018-1-10
Use props
killeraxemannic
lvl.1
United States

I tried reinstalling the app on my tablet as it was what I was using first before I switched to the phone and it was still happening. The phone has 32GB total space and 22GB free, just checked. Are you suggesting I put a micro SD card in the phone?
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

killeraxemannic Posted at 2018-1-11 19:45
I tried reinstalling the app on my tablet as it was what I was using first before I switched to the phone and it was still happening. The phone has 32GB total space and 22GB free, just checked. Are you suggesting I put a micro SD card in the phone?

Hi there, please check the About page under the General Settings of the APP when the drone is connected, a screenshot of this page will be highly appreciated. Besides, please record a short video of this issue via screen recorder if you can, then post it here, we'll forward it to the engineers for analysis, thanks.
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

killeraxemannic Posted at 2018-1-11 19:45
I tried reinstalling the app on my tablet as it was what I was using first before I switched to the phone and it was still happening. The phone has 32GB total space and 22GB free, just checked. Are you suggesting I put a micro SD card in the phone?

Hi there, please check the About page under the General Settings of the APP when the drone is connected, a screenshot of this page will be highly appreciated. Besides, please record a short video of this issue via screen recorder on your phone if you can, then post it here, we'll forward it to the engineers for analysis, thanks.
2018-1-11
Use props
Nushala
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1656014 ft

The solution to this problem is:  go in phone Settings --> Display --> Screen mode --> Change Adaptive to AMOLED Cinema.
For me no icons are disappearing again.
2018-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules