Will an FC200 camera from Vision 2 work on Vision 2 Plus?
1303 5 2015-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
theduo
New

United States

Hello all - I have a phantom vision 2 that I believe has a bad wifi module that I'm going to send off to have repaired.  In the meantime, I have a buddy with a phantom vision 2 plus that isn't going to be using it for a while (he doesn't have a camera anymore, long story).  My question is, can I take the fc200 camera from my vision 2 and plug it right up to the vision 2 plus and have it work or is it not that simple?  I have the gimbal, etc. from my vision 2 that obviously doesn't need to go with the drone while its getting repaired.  I would just do it but won't have access to his drone for a week or so and searched but couldn't find the answer.  Thanks in advance, long time lurker, first time poster!

2015-4-22
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The Phantom Vision's Wi-Fi board is inside the camera, so if you are going to send it off for repair you will not have a camera to swap.
2015-4-22
Use props
theduo
New

United States

ok I thought the wifi module was in the drone itself?  I have swapped cameras and wifi extender on my drone that is working and both work fine on the extra drone I have but not on the other.
2015-4-22
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

The Vision + has the Wi-Fi module inside the Phantom, the Vision is built into the camera housing.
2015-4-22
Use props
theduo
New

United States

thank you for that.   do you know if a working fc200 camera (from a vision) would work on a vision + though or not?
2015-4-22
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Anything's possible, but it will not be a plug-n-play solution, you will have to work out the connections and mountings.
2015-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules