1544 15 2018-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_LPMYciw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17162 ft
United States

* Advice Needed *

Hi everyone I have a P3S and always when I fly the drone just after it takes off I pull the left stick UP and the right stick also UP so it gains altitude and at the same time it goes forward... But by doing this the drone turns momentarily 90 degrees to the right keeping the correct direction ( up and fwd ) I don't know why it does this and as soon as I stop maneuvering it comes back to its correct position, I don't get any kind of error or anything in the app... So do you guys know what can be causing this? Besides that The drone flies perfect! Hope I made myself clear...

Here you can see my flight log where the drone was coming from RTH (thats why you dont see the forward stick being moved) and then i cancelled the RTH and started going up... notice how the drone turns 180 degrees or more by itself twice and the only thing i was doing was pushing the left stick up so it gains altitude.

https://youtu.be/Xj4uEJ0b0gE

Do you guys know if this is only a calibration issue of some sort or maybe one of the motors is failing...

2018-1-10
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

try to re-calibrate the remote. its within the app under remote settings
2018-1-10
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Are you sure you're not moving the left stick slightly while pushing?  It's very easy to do.
2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_LPMYciw
lvl.2
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-10 09:05
try to re-calibrate the remote. its within the app under remote settings

I already did that yesterday before flight and it did it again...
2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_LPMYciw
lvl.2
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-1-10 09:10
Are you sure you're not moving the left stick slightly while pushing?  It's very easy to do.

thats why i posted my flight log so you can see that im not moving the stick to the left or right just UP
2018-1-10
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

you check that all 4 motors have the same free play and noise? if one is tougher or sounds different there may be debris inside. otherwise can also try IMU and compass calibration and see
2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_LPMYciw
lvl.2
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-10 09:37
you check that all 4 motors have the same free play and noise? if one is tougher or sounds different there may be debris inside. otherwise can also try IMU and compass calibration and see

I also rotated the motors and none of them seem broken or have any strange sounds i even ran the motors without props and all seems fine... Also did compass calibration and IMU calibration without success
2018-1-10
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_LPMYciw Posted at 2018-1-10 10:50
I also rotated the motors and none of them seem broken or have any strange sounds i even ran the motors without props and all seems fine... Also did compass calibration and IMU calibration without success

without succes meaning they failer? or it didnt help your issue?
2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_LPMYciw
lvl.2
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-10 12:55
without succes meaning they failer? or it didnt help your issue?

it didnt help as everything is fine...
2018-1-11
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_LPMYciw Posted at 2018-1-11 07:39
it didnt help as everything is fine...

hmmm ok.

and you are using DJI props? in correct orientation they should be (wrong prop not on wrong motor), sorry just trying to throw out ideas, as im totally lost
2018-1-11
Use props
djiuser_LPMYciw
lvl.2
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-11 07:44
hmmm ok.

and you are using DJI props? in correct orientation they should be (wrong prop not on wrong motor), sorry just trying to throw out ideas, as im totally lost

Dont worry, thanks for helping!

Yes im using original props i have even installed new ones... just in case
2018-1-11
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

only other thing i can think is a ESC going bad. but cant recall if the Phantom have separate per each motor, or if it built onto the main board
2018-1-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-11 15:31
only other thing i can think is a ESC going bad. but cant recall if the Phantom have separate per each motor, or if it built onto the main board

Does your Phantom hover in place without slowly rotating?
2018-1-11
Use props
djiuser_LPMYciw
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-11 16:31
Does your Phantom hover in place without slowly rotating?

yes it can hoover without any problem, the issue is only when i go up and sometimes when going forward...
2018-1-12
Use props
djiuser_LPMYciw
lvl.2
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-11 15:31
only other thing i can think is a ESC going bad. but cant recall if the Phantom have separate per each motor, or if it built onto the main board

I dont get any ESC error, is there a way to test the motors?
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_LPMYciw Posted at 2018-1-10 09:21
thats why i posted my flight log so you can see that im not moving the stick to the left or right just UP

Sir, please upload the flight log (.DAT files) in the aircraft to dropbox and post the link for further analysis. Here is the method:
A. Connect your aircraft (USB port at the tail/ head) to a PC using the included USB cable. Turn on the Remote Controller and the aircraft, then open the DJI GO app.
B. Click “Mode” icon to view the “Advanced Settings”.
C. Click “MC Enter Read Flight Data Mode”
Thanks for your help.
2018-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules