my iphone 6 denying dji app camera access
2492 23 2015-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
clsteel1
New

United Kingdom

hi there can someone help my iPhone 6 is denying my dji app access to the camera on my phone and is stopping me from binding the phantom camera I've looked for the MAC Address to see if its printed anywhere but cant seem to find it to put in manually has anyone had this problem and sorted it out if so can you help me please.
2015-4-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Check settings on phone
Scroll down to DJI app
Select it and see if access is on there
2015-4-22
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Have you tried scanning the QR code on the box or bottom of the unit?

The DJI app does need access to the phone's camera.

What model quad?  If not a vision plus, what camera?  GoPro?
2015-4-22
Use props
clsteel1
New

United Kingdom

I've been through the settings and there's nothing there to turn on any access in the camera settings or the dji settings also it needs to access the phone camera to scan the QR code
2015-4-22
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Is there a QR code on the bottom of the Phantom?
2015-4-22
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

Not an iPhone user but I didn't have to scan any qr code with my p2v+v3.  The phone should just be receiving a WiFi signal from it anyway.  Is this the actual DJI app or an off shoot?
2015-4-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

busclas Posted at 2015-4-23 07:42
Not an iPhone user but I didn't have to scan any qr code with my p2v+v3.  The phone should just be r ...

Bus,
I am on iPhone and I never had to do it either, just wait for the Phantom to show up as a network and select it...there is a setting thou to allow it access to photos but never had to touch it either...

Make sure wifi is on on your phone and see if it shows up as a network..
2015-4-22
Use props
dougsellsmoreho
New

United States

Did you find a resolution to your problem? I cannot monitor the camera on my iPhone 6 or my iPad 2.

I have the same problem. Turned on and off wifi connection, deleted and reloaded the app, used a canned electronic duster to blow any dust from around connections, checked connections, tuned Phantom on and off, turned wifi extender off and on. Over the weekend charged the wifi extender to see if more power would helped. Seemed to work bringing from 60% to 100% charge, then today at 90% charge problem is back. Camera angle can be controlled, photos can be taken, videos can be shot, but no clue of what is being taken until reviewed in the album. It appears to be a monitoring issue.
2015-8-25
Use props
itsaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144052 ft
United States

I have the same exact problem with a P2V and an iPhone 5c. I believe the problem is in the DJI Vision app.  

BTW, I emailed DJI support asking for help 3 weeks ago and still no reply.  
2015-8-27
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

There may be something you can try. Have to remove the shell for a few and check a connection going to the wifi tx unit the cable has been know to oxidize a little and loose video by wiggling it around and pushing it back in has brought video back to several users. This is the connection. image.jpg
image.jpg
2015-8-27
Use props
SamM
New

United States

My iPhone 6Plus does the something. It will not bind with the DJI camera. Everything works but the camera will not take pictures or video.
2015-8-30
Use props
SamM
New

United States

same thing
2015-8-30
Use props
rwmcki1
lvl.1

United States

What version is your iOs software?
2015-8-31
Use props
phillipsfamily3
lvl.1

United States

rwmcki1 Posted at 2015-8-31 11:02
What version is your iOs software?

Same thing and my iOS is 8.4 I have tried rebinding but the phone is denied access to camera. so now I have a hunk of junk.  Anyone have a fix to this? Mine is no longer covered by warranty it is a little over a year old with only 3 flights on it.
2015-9-3
Use props
david
lvl.1

United States

phillipsfamily3 Posted at 2015-9-3 10:03
Same thing and my iOS is 8.4 I have tried rebinding but the phone is denied access to camera. so n ...

also same issue here... very aggravating, this has become a very useful tool for my business and I am considering upgrading to the inspire but need the confidence that the tools will work.  DJI, please address and provide a fix to this issue.

Here's a couple photos pre black out....

Please fix this problem DJI
2015-9-4
Use props
david
lvl.1

United States

david@vintroux. Posted at 2015-9-4 11:22
also same issue here... very aggravating, this has become a very useful tool for my business and I ...

potential fix for ios 8.4.. apparently a number of people have been having an issue with ios8++ wifi connection... Not sure if what we are experiencing is an apple issue or DJI issue, but I found information on resetting the network which clears out all network info on your phone... after doing so I was finally able to reconnect with the camera on the phantom (at least in my living room)... will hopefully have a chance to test in the field in the next week...   

iphone
      - settings - general - reset - reset network settings  

(keep in mind this will delete all cached info so you will to sign in to all your networks again)
2015-9-9
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Dji just fixed that... New app update available in the App Store. They also fixed the location issue...
2015-9-10
Use props
david
lvl.1

United States

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-9-10 10:24
Dji just fixed that... New app update available in the App Store. They also fixed the location issue ...

Thanks for the heads up, fingers crossed!
2015-9-10
Use props
clee
New

United States

david@vintroux. Posted at 2015-9-10 12:38
Thanks for the heads up, fingers crossed!

I also got it to work for the first time in 5 months. Once the app could access the camera to read the QR code on the bottom of the copter I was able to rebind it and it appears to be working.
2015-9-11
Use props
phillipsfamily3
lvl.1

United States

I tried and it seems like its the same DJI app as my iphone iOs 8.4 just opens the existing app when I try to download from the App store.  I have tried and tried to get a "RMA" while I was still under warranty waited on hold only to be told to try call again later and disconnected. Warranty has now expired and I still can't get anyone on phone so I can request a RMA.  I am sure this is a problem with software as I know my drone was never crashed or treated badly.  Sure looking for assistance from anyone here on the forum.
Ok I have determined that my phone has the latest version of the app 1.0.52 I will get the drone out again later this evening and see if I can bind the camera again. I will have to refresh my memory on how to accomplish that task.
2015-10-4
Use props
earlbuckles
New

Japan

I'm currently experiencing the same issue with my iphone
5C after the recent ios 9 upgrade.  Camera works fine, just dont see what I'm capturing.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
2015-10-4
Use props
phillipsfamily3
lvl.1

United States

Ok I am back.  I have now managed to complete the binding process and the Camera is bound, camera works fine, rotates etc. I can take pictures but until I review in the album I see nothing on the phone screen.

I just can't see what I am capturing in the FPV.  You guys got any ideas on this part of the issue.  

Looks like earlbuckles is having the exact same issue.  That tells me that it isn't hardware it has to be a software issue. Too may coincidences if so many are having the same issue.
2015-10-4
Use props
motia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

1.0.53 app is out. Fixed the GS crash issue but still no video from the drone. Maybe a 1.0.54 is needed...
2015-10-8
Use props
earlbuckles
New

Japan

motia Posted at 2015-10-9 00:17
1.0.53 app is out. Fixed the GS crash issue but still no video from the drone. Maybe a 1.0.54 is nee ...

I had a camera view on Thursday, went to fly Sunday and no camera view on the Vision App again.  This is becoming very frustrating as I have been experiencing this issue for nearly three weeks.  I seems as if DJI doesn''t care to address this bug in the App.
2015-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules