After Update Firmware
1777 17 2018-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Carlo Scetta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170696 ft
Italy

I have problem after update new firmware, the controller beeping and done this error continuos" bracking now return sticks to midpoint ther continue flying" before upgrading not error, it's possible downgrade firmware?..
thanks

Carlo
2018-1-13
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Try calibrating the sticks.
2018-1-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If stick calibration does not cure this (remember to calibrate sticks and left hand wheel to complete) then a calibration of the visual sensors using DJI Assistant 2 on a computer connected to aircraft via USB may help. This could be a false signal being generated by the obstacle avoidance system.
2018-1-13
Use props
Carlo Scetta
lvl.2
Italy

it is possible that it was the rays of the sun that today was very low
2018-1-13
Use props
Carlo Scetta
lvl.2
Italy

because before updating the firmware did not give this problem, after upgrading I recalibrated the IMU.
2018-1-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Carlo Scetta Posted at 2018-1-13 10:31

That is a possibility I would think if you were flying towards the Sun. That's where I think a calibration of the sensors won't do any harm. The IMU calibration will help with stability during hover, and smooth flight.
2018-1-13
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Re calibrate compass first then re fly if still having a problem then recalibrate imu....
2018-1-13
Use props
Carlo Scetta
lvl.2
Italy

ok then I recommend re-calibrating the sensors using dji Assistant 2
2018-1-13
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just use the app to start with... its easier compass - imu-then sensors using the assistant
2018-1-13
Use props
Carlo Scetta
lvl.2
Italy

ok thank you tomorrow I try and let you know ...
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Carlo, please try to toggle the sticks to see whether the beeping stops. The message may appear if the sticks are not centered mistakenly, RC calibration will be helpful at this time. Also, do not fly toward the sunshine as the VPS may not work well in strong light.
2018-1-14
Use props
Carlo Scetta
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-14 18:22
Hi Carlo, please try to toggle the sticks to see whether the beeping stops. The message may appear if the sticks are not centered mistakenly, RC calibration will be helpful at this time. Also, do not fly toward the sunshine as the VPS may not work well in strong light.

Hello Susan as soon as it stops raining I try to do what you recommend and I'll let you know .. thanks
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Carlo Scetta Posted at 2018-1-15 13:32
Hello Susan as soon as it stops raining I try to do what you recommend and I'll let you know .. thanks

Noted with thanks! We'll be here waiting for your update.
2018-1-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I dont believe the compass will need doing unless it specifically says so in the app, calibrate anything and everything else wont hurt though, problem calibrating the compass without any need too can introduce errors if for what ever reason the calibration was interfered with, i.e. metal interference, magnetic interference and so on, i would suggest to leave the compass until the app says that one needs doing.

As for the issue at hand, as stated above, the sensors do not like the sun, nor the mist, fog and low light and should one of those hit the sensor/s it will sound the beeps and tell you to let go of the sticks (return to center point), i find turning off the sensors during that flight stops this issue ;) Remember to turn them back on again, i always forget lol
2018-1-18
Use props
Carlo Scetta
lvl.2
Italy

discovered the problem are the sensors, disabling them no error
2018-1-19
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Carlo Scetta Posted at 2018-1-13 10:31

That is certainly a possibility. Got the same issue in the past. If you fly against bright light, better disable vision sensors.
2018-1-19
Use props
Carlo Scetta
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-18 18:50
Noted with thanks! We'll be here waiting for your update.

hello susan, then I discovered, in practice with the new firmware I have to disable the sensors, otherwise it beeping and does not advance, as we can solve .. thanks
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Carlo Scetta Posted at 2018-1-20 14:34
hello susan, then I discovered, in practice with the new firmware I have to disable the sensors, otherwise it beeping and does not advance, as we can solve .. thanks

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please try to calibrate the VPS and check later.

2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules