Activating the aircraft
3219 13 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skytte
New
Switzerland

Total new-bee on the Mavic Pro. But having problems activating the aircraft via the app (DJI GO4) via my Samsung S8+. The grapic i can scan are on the back side of the RC and measures about 3 mm x 3mm so completely useless as camera cant scan it. So trying to connect via the aircraft wifi but are required to enter a wifi password. Where can i find that password ?. Can anybody guide me ?.

Brgds
2018-1-15
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

"So trying to connect via the aircraft wifi "

Do you have a Mavic or a Spark?
2018-1-15
Use props
Skytte
New
Switzerland

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-15 07:08
"So trying to connect via the aircraft wifi "

Do you have a Mavic or a Spark?

Having a Mavic Pro
2018-1-15
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Why are you trying to connect via Wi-Fi? are you wanting to control the drone with your phone rather than the TX?
2018-1-15
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

See if this video helps:

2018-1-15
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I  was wondering the same thing. Thanks tviscomi I was about to post this video.
2018-1-15
Use props
Skytte
New
Switzerland

Bigga J Posted at 2018-1-15 07:27
Why are you trying to connect via Wi-Fi? are you wanting to control the drone with your phone rather than the TX?

No, by all means via the RC. But getting a "sys warning - check app" every time I turn it on and in all honesty thought that was because the drone had not been activated. But DJI not very informative about this so I'm guessing here. Tried calling their hotline in the U.K but got a Chinese lady that hardly spoke English and was reading from a paper. She had no clue what I was talking about.
2018-1-15
Use props
Skytte
New
Switzerland

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-15 07:28
See if this video helps:

https://youtu.be/s9HLWkM8Bg8

Afraid not. There are no mentioning abt wifi code or the like in this video. And just to be clear I haven't set a code for the wifi previously. So I guess it is mentioned somewhere. Just don't know where to find it.
2018-1-15
Use props
fans61dc5075
New
Flight distance : 8707 ft
United States

Don't activate your mavic. From what I experienced with customer service it is not worth it. Sell it while you can
2018-1-15
Use props
Skytte
New
Switzerland

Found it... DJI have in all their brilliance placed it at the bottom of the battery bay where you have NO CHANCE of seeing it when activating the Mavic as that requires the drone to be turned on !!!!.
2018-1-15
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Skytte Posted at 2018-1-15 11:09
Found it... DJI have in all their brilliance placed it at the bottom of the battery bay where you have NO CHANCE of seeing it when activating the Mavic as that requires the drone to be turned on !!!!.

I'm glad you found it...though I have no idea what you're trying to do
2018-1-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Found it... DJI have in all their brilliance placed it at the bottom of the battery bay where you have NO CHANCE of seeing it when activating the Mavic as that requires the drone to be turned on !!!!.

Are you looking for the WiFi password? You can also look at that little sticker on the back of one of the front arms to get it. DJI also placed it there in their wisdom...
2018-1-15
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

fans61dc5075 Posted at 2018-1-15 07:41
Don't activate your mavic. From what I experienced with customer service it is not worth it. Sell it while you can

Are you being funny.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, have you get the drone activated successfully now? For the WiFi password, you can find it in the battery slot, or you can connect the drone to the DJI Assistant 2 on the PC and check it there.
And for the support line, may I know which number you are calling? In very few occasions, the calling might reach to a wrong team due to the system error, in this case, please kindly try to dial the number again. Thank you so much.
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules