VR Flying
1050 5 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vampichoco
lvl.3
Mexico

Apologies if this has been discussed before. I couldn't find a recent thread for my questions.

I just bought a Homido V2 VR headset. I read that you could fly the spark with any VR headset (Dji one is cool but it costs the same as the spark :/ ). I am not entirely sure what steps to follow to set this up. I heard that the app Lichi is required. Is this the only app that would work to fly with VR? Would it work best if I use an OTG cable while connected to the headset? Aany tips/pointers from people with experience flying with VR? I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, has anyone experienced any issues while flying in VR with this phone?

Thank you
2018-1-15
Use props
AdamTheGreat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56991 ft
United States

Litchi provides a pretty good VR experience. However, I don't really prefer it as you loose a lot of on-screen info due to it being in VR. Litchi also doesn't have the ability to upload flight records to DJI and doesn't fully support OTG (because the DJI SDK doesn't fully support OTG).
2018-1-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Litchi is better for VR if you don't have the DJI goggles.
2018-1-16
Use props
Vampichoco
lvl.3
Mexico

AdamTheGreat Posted at 2018-1-16 08:37
Litchi provides a pretty good VR experience. However, I don't really prefer it as you loose a lot of on-screen info due to it being in VR. Litchi also doesn't have the ability to upload flight records to DJI and doesn't fully support OTG (because the DJI SDK doesn't fully support OTG).

Would using Litchi compromise the drone? Something similar like the DJI Go app suddenly crashing mid flight?
2018-1-16
Use props
Vampichoco
lvl.3
Mexico

A CW Posted at 2018-1-16 09:44
Litchi is better for VR if you don't have the DJI goggles.

Have you tried it? Do you lose image quality while using the VR headset?
2018-1-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’ve tried the DJI goggles only which are brilliant but not practical for regular use for me as need a spotter in the UK so haven’t bought them.
2018-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules