Orange images, low signal issues & upsidedown screen
2296 29 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aFeinberg
lvl.1
United States

Just flew the last 2 days and in downloading the images a number of them are completely orange.  Additionally, while the camera was pointed straight down the image on screen would flip so that when I panned up the image was upside down until it auto corrected.  Last...seems that I'm having more signal issues than pre-update.  

All in all super dissapointed in the lost shots from the last couple of days and confused how this firmware could ship.  Downgraded.

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 3.38.59 PM.png
2018-1-15
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

Drone on acid if you ask me...
2018-1-15
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I have not experienced any issues with the latest firmware so I am not sure why some users have problems and others not.
I would suggest refreshing the firmware in case there was a slight glitch in your last update.
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello there, I'm sorry for the inconvenience first. There is an beta trying to fix the upside down issue, please kindly leave your DJI Account if you'd like to try. Regarding the picture color, could you upload the original DNG file for further analysis? Thanks in advance!
2018-1-20
Use props
aFeinberg
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-20 01:40
Hello there, I'm sorry for the inconvenience first. There is an beta trying to fix the upside down issue, please kindly leave your DJI Account if you'd like to try. Regarding the picture color, could you upload the original DNG file for further analysis? Thanks in advance!

I'm away from the computer with the images so will send the dng when I can.  I downgraded to the previous firmware as that was stable but cannot risk using faulty software.  
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

aFeinberg Posted at 2018-1-20 12:05
I'm away from the computer with the images so will send the dng when I can.  I downgraded to the previous firmware as that was stable but cannot risk using faulty software.

Thanks for getting back to us. Please kindly send us the DNG file at your convenience, we appreciate your feedback.
2018-1-22
Use props
aFeinberg
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-22 23:30
Thanks for getting back to us. Please kindly send us the DNG file at your convenience, we appreciate your feedback.

Please supply an email address  for me to send directly.  
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

aFeinberg Posted at 2018-1-23 01:11
Please supply an email address  for me to send directly.

Sorry, this is the Forum Team and we do not have authorized email address. It is recommended to upload to Google Drive or Dropbox and share us the link. Alternatively, you can send an email to the Support Team via support.us@dji.com and make it clear, the support team will help as well.
2018-1-24
Use props
aFeinberg
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-24 02:05
Sorry, this is the Forum Team and we do not have authorized email address. It is recommended to upload to Google Drive or Dropbox and share us the link. Alternatively, you can send an email to the Support Team via  and make it clear, the support team will help as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/19kq50lva3q2ckv/2018-01-13_053.DNG?dl=0
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

aFeinberg Posted at 2018-1-24 02:15
https://www.dropbox.com/s/19kq50lva3q2ckv/2018-01-13_053.DNG?dl=0

Well received. I've double checked with our engineers, the color issue has been optimized in the beta as well, thanks for your feedback!
2018-1-25
Use props
aFeinberg
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-25 03:25
Well received. I've double checked with our engineers, the color issue has been optimized in the beta as well, thanks for your feedback!

Understood.  Thanks for your reply.  Please indicate about the viewfinder flipping upside down as well when camera is pointed straight down.
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

aFeinberg Posted at 2018-1-25 11:04
Understood.  Thanks for your reply.  Please indicate about the viewfinder flipping upside down as well when camera is pointed straight down.

Confirm that the latest beta fix the revert issue. Feel free to leave your DJI Account(the email address when you logged in DJI GO)here if you'd like to have a try.
2018-1-29
Use props
fansff4e8147
lvl.1
Flight distance : 577051 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-29 19:31
Confirm that the latest beta fix the revert issue. Feel free to leave your DJI Account(the email address when you logged in DJI GO)here if you'd like to have a try.

Hello Everyone.

I have the P4P and have the exact same issues with the camera upside down + yellow images. I lost a job the other day because of this. Was really sad.

I wrote with DJI support, they made a case ("#979609) and then asked me simply to re-set camera settings or try another card - which I did, but no change.

I then wrote with them again and they told me I should write here.

Whats next? Right now my P4P is sitting in a box, I cant risk using it for a clients job to then hand defected images.

I could roll back firmware if I thought it would help but dont know how.

Maybe I could try the beta to see if it fixes my issues?  Also I noticed that on my ipad mini 4 the screen is jumping around so much since the new firmware, its really bad.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks - Colin
2018-2-11
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Hard to even say what that is on the orange picture... have you flown to Mars?
2018-2-11
Use props
fansff4e8147
lvl.1
Denmark

fansff4e8147 Posted at 2018-2-11 04:13
Hello Everyone.

I have the P4P and have the exact same issues with the camera upside down + yellow images. I lost a job the other day because of this. Was really sad.

Susan - Thank you  europix(at)outlook.com  is my DJI account. Thank you
2018-2-11
Use props
fansff4e8147
lvl.1
Denmark

fansff4e8147 Posted at 2018-2-11 14:27
Susan - Thank you  europix(at)outlook.com  is my DJI account. Thank you

Hello all - Just wondered if anyone else got the updated beta firmware?  I didn't get a reply yet, my drone is sitting in a box..
2018-2-15
Use props
Linley.m
New
South Africa

I'm experiencing the exact same issues - orange images as well as screen rotation when the camera is pointed directly down on my Phantom 4 Pro. Anyone know of a fix? I'm a bit afraid of accepting any drone work at this stage due to the issue.
2018-2-20
Use props
Linley.m
New
South Africa

I'm experiencing the exact same issues - orange images as well as screen rotation when the camera is pointed directly down on my Phantom 4 Pro. Anyone know of a fix? I'm a bit afraid of accepting any drone work at this stage due to the issue.
2018-2-20
Use props
Romulus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612608 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Exactly the same problems her with my P4P. Some of the DNG´s are orange like your´s and i also have the problem with the straight down faced camera. The Live-View picture on the remote flips upside down. No problems on my Mavic Pro, or Mavic Air (tried it, because it could be a problem the DJI App, or a problem with my iPhone 8P). Only my P4P has this issues.  
Example DNG-File:   https://www.dropbox.com/s/d85y9fjxf655oho/DJI_0350.dng?dl=0

2018-2-20
Use props
fansff4e8147
lvl.1
Denmark

HI Guys - DJI simply asked me to go back to a old firmware... That was their "fix"  the firmware was an old one which didnt have the pano on it either.. A shame.
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansff4e8147 Posted at 2018-2-11 04:13
Hello Everyone.

Colin, I'm sorry for the inconvenience and late response due to the holiday. The beta of P4P will be available within one working day. Please try to login your account in DJI Assistant 2 and check later. Thanks so much!
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Linley.m Posted at 2018-2-20 01:33
I'm experiencing the exact same issues - orange images as well as screen rotation when the camera is pointed directly down on my Phantom 4 Pro. Anyone know of a fix? I'm a bit afraid of accepting any drone work at this stage due to the issue.

Linley, could you leave your DJI Account(the email address when you log in DJI GO) here? I'd like to help you get the beta and try again.
2018-2-25
Use props
Polarphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1322493 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Same problems here: orange images and tilted image upside down. How to get the fix?     DJI account: petri.puurunen@gmail.com
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Polarphoto Posted at 2018-2-25 06:17
Same problems here: orange images and tilted image upside down. How to get the fix?     DJI account:

Received with thanks! I'll forward to the team and add you to the list.
2018-2-27
Use props
Humadrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1049304 ft

Spain

My id is info@humadrone.com i´m waiting to have acces to the beta ....
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Humadrone Posted at 2018-2-27 03:00
My id is  i´m waiting to have acces to the beta ....

The beta is estimated available around one working day, please have a try when you received it.
2018-3-2
Use props
fansb29f5fe2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266745 ft
Germany

I have the same problems with my P4P my email : c.schanze@gmx.de
2018-3-2
Use props
fansb29f5fe2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266745 ft
Germany

the pic in orange
Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-02 um 17.36.43.jpg
2018-3-2
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

fansff4e8147 Posted at 2018-2-21 09:01
HI Guys - DJI simply asked me to go back to a old firmware... That was their "fix"  the firmware was an old one which didnt have the pano on it either.. A shame.

I am amazed that these issues are still alive and well.  I was hoping they would have been squared away by now.  So all this talk about rolling back the FW version or try the beta version, I was hoping someone would have some definitive answers about whether or not the beta FW was actually fixing all of the issues.  And then the group that is saying the new production FW works just fine.  There is obviously some inconsistancy somewhere......I am still in the "wtf" column.  
2018-3-2
Use props
GeeBeeDji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 692648 ft
Germany

I have the same problems with my P4P my email :  gordon.bussiek@gmail.com
2018-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules