Esc in vision + v3.0
1008 8 2015-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rss1turbo
New

United Kingdom

Hi
Could any one let me know what version  Esc should be installed in a vision+ v3.0 I have heard that Dji may have fitted incorrect parts
2015-4-23
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Do you really think DJI would manufacture the Phantom with incorrect parts ?  
Don't worry, your ESC's are fine, but if you have a tip over or crash that causes a sudden motor stop while under power, it is more than likely you will damage the ESC.
2015-4-23
Use props
rss1turbo
New

United Kingdom

Hi John
thanks for reply my phantom has v2.0 purchased in December if I am correct they now have v2.1 installed. they only installed V2.0 for a very small number of phantoms V3.0  that is why I am concerned as 1 of mine has failed I have not crashed tipped over & always hand caught
2015-4-23
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-4-23 21:43
Do you really think DJI would manufacture the Phantom with incorrect parts ?  
Don't worry, your ESC ...

John

I am fairly sure there were some Phantoms that had the incorrect ESC's. It was on this forum some time back. I will try and find it. All I am saying is hold the phone while I check.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5367

Yug
2015-4-23
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

And in that very thread is DJI saying
"Got you point.
If that was true, anyway, it's a quality control issue. I am the same nervous as you when I just heard that.
However, please be at ease for the ESC---Motor compatible issue. I just confirmed with plant, for all the 2312 motors, the ESC FW are updated to V2.0/V2.1. As you mentioned there's 2312 with "No version" ESC, the esc also has a V2.0/V2.1 FW inside, with the label still the original one. So there's no 'mismatch' issue.
BTW, the difference between V2.0/V2.1 is the self-protection algorithm. The "no version" ESC is V2.1 when "V2.1" ESC releases.
Hope I have clarified it, if still any suspicion, please post SN here and I will help trace the production data"
2015-4-23
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-4-23 22:04
And in that very thread is DJI saying
"Got you point.
If that was true, anyway, it's a quality con ...

John
Thanks for that, I sent an email to DJI right after I bought the Phantom as I heard about the suspect incompatibilities afterward and they wanted me to send it in for verification, I just said screw it and flew it and now nearly 100 full batteries through the bird and no issues..the only incompatibility I have is the one of time and funds needed for fun vs. time and funds paid for work...
2015-4-23
Use props
rss1turbo
New

United Kingdom

Hi
My serial number is PH645445596  V3.0 CE
If someone could check with Dji I would be very grateful
2015-4-23
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

You can use this LINK to contact DJI support directly.
2015-4-23
Use props
rss1turbo
New

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-4-24 00:58
You can use this LINK to contact DJI support directly.

I have used the link you have suggested in the past DJI never respond
2015-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules