Mavic Firmware update failure
2375 10 2018-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JordanWobig
New
United States

I have tried updating to the latest firmare and everytime there is an error message and a failure to update. I now lost my image trannsmission too and am unable to fly. "Air encoder error 0x800000Update error on53% undefined 0x020104" this pops up after attempt to download. I am also unable to downgrade to the former update. Very frustrating and DJI only had the solution of restarting. Any help is appreciated.

2018-1-16
Use props
JordanWobig
New
United States

Now after plugging in, My RC is updated but not the drone when I try
2018-1-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

How are you updating? Assistant 2 or go4 app
2018-1-16
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

You should update with assistant 2.  It’s so much easier and much more reliable.
2018-1-16
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried with DJI Assistant 2 ? or the failure came up on the mobile phone/app ?
2018-1-16
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I received the same error message at the first attempt. I switched off the mavic and remote. Then start it all over again with the fully charged battery. It works. The upgrade was completed successfully.  
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Jordan, for the update error 0x020104, please PM me with your DJI email account, I would like to forward a beta for you to update first. And please check if the Air Encoder Error 0x800000 still persists after the whole firmware update finished, if it does, I suggest sending it back, please click the link for applying an online repair case: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index.
2018-1-16
Use props
djiuser_Yl5Rbsy
lvl.1

Norway

Same issue I guess. just try to test my recently new phone  with mavic at home.same encoder error (800000).firmware downgrade upgrade nothing works.Mavic itself seems to work,no video,sd card uvisible.today went to shop and returned to service .hope for fix since you can't buy dji care in norway
2018-1-27
Use props
JordanWobig
New
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-1-16 15:25
How are you updating? Assistant 2 or go4 app

I used both of them but only the A2 worked
2018-1-29
Use props
avengermike
lvl.2
United States

were u able to fix ur problem? if so would please fill me in on what u did. I get the same message, it hits 40% then restarts drone and gives that code
2018-3-16
Use props
djiuser_gOCk1Pg2DL5Y
New
United Kingdom

Same story here: Lots of trouble connecting to the drone.... Now the upgrade failed and I can't do anything with it. Assistant2 does not manage to upgrade or restore factory settings.... The RC never manages to connect (the rear button never produces any beep for RC connection or WIFI....)
Feels all a bit erratic and uncontrolled.... I would appreciate help.
2018-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules