My Spark Remote controller will not charge, it did before .
13762 25 2018-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roshi23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 271575 ft
Argentina

I had some problems after updating to 4.22 on android my RC just would not connect, so i looked online or a sulotion and did the process and it worked, but now it will not charge via any USB charger. My spark is just over a month old...Its still new to me can anyone help me...Oh will post the process that made the connection work...

2018-1-16
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Argentina

This was the process i did to make it connect
2018-1-16
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Argentina

This was the process i did to make it connect  Follow the below steps from 1 of the member, it solved my problem which was same as your... Read it first from 1-9. You should follow exact steps step-by-step to succeed.  
1. Power up your Sparky.
2. Press Power button 9 seconds (3 Beeps)
3. Restart your Spark (power off and on again)
4. Press Power button 6 seconds (2 beeps)
5. Restart your Spark.
6. Press Power button 3 seconds (1 beep)
7. Now Power up your remote (just now).
8. Wait till Red light will stop blinking and just remain red.
9. Now press 3 keys on your remote to start the connection.  

It worked first try after trying the instructions on the App ...the next morning i tryed to charge it up and it just did nothing i swapped cables chargers...no joy...its got 45percent charge now and flys good but the charge will go and what then....this was part of my fly more combo now its a fly less.
2018-1-16
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Just connect it to the charger that came with your Fly More Combo. It has two USB slots available for charging your RC via the USB cable. A normal USB charger has not enough power to charge it I believe (have never tried it myself though).
2018-1-16
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Argentina

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-16 16:23
Just connect it to the charger that came with your Fly More Combo. It has two USB slots available for charging your RC via the USB cable. A normal USB charger has not enough power to charge it I believe (have never tried it myself though).

I always use the charger it came with, it charges the batteries and my phone, but the RC does not show any blinking lights to indicate it is charging, ive tried 4 different working usb cables ? im lost
2018-1-16
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Argentina

Im in argentina now i live in London so do you think it switched back the power supply to UK standard?
2018-1-16
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Argentina

Anyone knows whats going on ...is there a squence of button pressing i can do or shall i reset the drone via the desktop app.
2018-1-17
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Roshi23 Posted at 2018-1-17 10:45
Anyone knows whats going on ...is there a squence of button pressing i can do or shall i reset the drone via the desktop app.

I am a bit confused now about your problem. Are you not able to charge your RC as suggested in the opening post, or do you have problems connecting the RC to the Spark? These are totally different issues...
2018-1-17
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Argentina

Ok I found the problem and it's charging,I fixed it the connection in the controls was not striaght it was bent upwards I pulled it down with a knife
2018-1-17
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Argentina

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-17 10:55
I am a bit confused now about your problem. Are you not able to charge your RC as suggested in the opening post, or do you have problems connecting the RC to the Spark? These are totally different issues...

First it was the connection the after the charging it was a physical issue the usb port was bent upwards i pulled it back down thanks for responding any how all is good now
2018-1-17
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Argentina

First it was the connection the after the charging it was a physical issue the usb port was bent upwards i pulled it back down thanks for responding any how all is good now
2018-1-17
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Argentina

2018-1-17
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Argentina

2018-1-17
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Roshi23 Posted at 2018-1-17 11:21

Very glad to hear that the problem is solved! :-)
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Roshi23 Posted at 2018-1-17 11:21

Sir, glad you fix it. And if the usb port is damage, please send it back for repair. We would not recommend users disassemble the drone.
2018-1-21
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Be very careful with that micro usb port, now that you have bent that tab by inserting the micro usb plug upside down , you have weakened the connection tab in the port.
It could break off at any time, so if you feel any resistance to pushing it in I'd stop and try a different angle of approach
2018-1-21
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Argentina

lannes Posted at 2018-1-21 21:15
Be very careful with that micro usb port, now that you have bent that tab by inserting the micro usb plug upside down , you have weakened the connection tab in the port.
It could break off at any time, so if you feel any resistance to pushing it in I'd stop and try a different angle of approach

I did not put to much pressure on it and move it back to the center, it seems pretty solid and works like perfect ...i  must have put it in upsidedown and did not know then only for about a day i had the problem it works fine now. Plus im in Argentina for the next month, and bought it in the DJI store in Taiwan so it would have been a nightmare to send it back. I wait till i get back to London and if it seems like its getting weak i will send it back. Cheers
2018-1-25
Use props
Jcgm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112362 ft
Portugal

Roshi23 Posted at 2018-1-17 11:17
Ok I found the problem and it's charging,I fixed it the connection in the controls was not striaght it was bent upwards I pulled it down with a knife

me the same , now works tqs
2018-4-20
Use props
djiuser_dDK9ZHTs2zFR
lvl.1

United States

It sounds like DJI should provide a knife with their kits to repair the poor quality plugs.
2018-5-4
Use props
hawkmankt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8691 ft
United States

I also had problems with this.
Bought my Fly More Combo just over a week ago at a local Best Buy. Charged everything the first evening and no problems. Went to recharge it all and noticed the controller wasn't charging. Looked at the port (which is tight anyway) and noted that it appeared like the pins inside were bent. I knew the Micro USB cord plugs in upside down, so I hadn't put it in wrong. Must've been been from the factory and the second connection just sealed the deal.

Anyway, DJI support suggested I go back to BBuy and ask if they'd switch out the controller only. They did luckily enough.

I sure hope that DJI moves to USB-C ports across the board. I know it's slightly more expensive, but easily worth it.
2018-5-4
Use props
djiuser_dDK9ZHTs2zFR
lvl.1

United States

hawkmankt Posted at 2018-5-4 10:29
I also had problems with this.
Bought my Fly More Combo just over a week ago at a local Best Buy. Charged everything the first evening and no problems. Went to recharge it all and noticed the controller wasn't charging. Looked at the port (which is tight anyway) and noted that it appeared like the pins inside were bent. I knew the Micro USB cord plugs in upside down, so I hadn't put it in wrong. Must've been been from the factory and the second connection just sealed the deal.

My issue is with DJI ( Lack of) customer service.  IF I had purchased this through Amazon, I would have had a replacement unit by the end of the week, or like you bought it through Best  Buy.  
Buying this through DJI Store I had to jump through their hoops and deal with a slow ground truck to / from Texas adding 3 weeks to something that should have worked straight out of the box.  So much for documenting the start of a new construction project.
2018-5-4
Use props
hawkmankt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8691 ft
United States

djiuser_dDK9ZHTs2zFR Posted at 2018-5-4 11:15
My issue is with DJI ( Lack of) customer service.  IF I had purchased this through Amazon, I would have had a replacement unit by the end of the week, or like you bought it through Best  Buy.  
Buying this through DJI Store I had to jump through their hoops and deal with a slow ground truck to / from Texas adding 3 weeks to something that should have worked straight out of the box.  So much for documenting the start of a new construction project.

Sorry to hear that. I will admit they offered the best advice (take it back to BBuy), but I was put off initially that they didn't jump on it.

I hope you get all this stuff sorted out.
2018-5-7
Use props
djiuser_nSZmZOWXVdSb
New
Flight distance : 5354 ft
El Salvador

My spark controller did not turn on even the lights don't come up. What can I do?. Its only a month old
2018-7-29
Use props
fans2495f4a5
New

Thailand

I have the same problem but it looks like the pins are in the right spot..but the plug doesn’t feel tight.
2018-10-23
Use props
fans5386f9ba
New
Flight distance : 4163 ft
United States

fans2495f4a5 Posted at 2018-10-23 01:43
I have the same problem but it looks like the pins are in the right spot..but the plug doesn’t feel tight.

I hve the same problem along with a long list of DJI Spark problems. As far as the remote is concerned,I found using a regular usb adaptor instead of the battery charger to solve the problem. any ideas on the spark gimble problem. I swapped a good gimble assembly from a disabled Spark into a functional spark with a bad gimble. the functional gimble now acts the same as the one i took out. It just will not respond. camera works fine. after complete tear down spark flys fine just no gimble. ?????????? Help this is my third and last spark I now have a Karma’ but I love a challenge. Thanks
2019-1-24
Use props
fansba91da28
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2493957 ft
United States

This was exactly the same thing that happened to me. The prong inside the female micro-usb Wes bent up. Thank you for posting!
2020-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules