Hey DJI whats up with the firmware update ????
12Next >
2933 73 2018-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey DJI whats up with the firmware update ????

I know that this isn't the first thread about the late firmware update but it looks to me if people have MAJOR issues with the  V01.05.0300  then would it not be the logical thing to do is to take it down so the fellow Phantom 4pro owners  wont be at risk of screwing up or having a bad misshap due to faulty firmwire ????   Am I missing something here? Or Maybe just maybe  this is  FAKE news???   

I will be waiting on your response as Im assuming others will be too !

Please correct me if im wrong here!!!  

C.
2018-1-17
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2018-1-17
Use props
wataero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

I have had several flights with no problems with the new firmware on a P4P+.  Having an embedded display means I’m stuck on old version of GO 4 app, 4.1.15 so it may be that some of the issues have to do with later interactions between later version of GO App and aircraft.
2018-1-17
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thats just it no one really knows as DJI has made no comment regarding these issue but they are giving beta downloads for a simple fix and then those I have read dont really work. Im afraid to upgrade now and its very  Shettty of DJI to keep everyone in the dark and yet they still have the faulty firmware still online.......
2018-1-17
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's the problem with updates you tend to hear just the more vocal problems rather than the happy runners - plus it would better if we just had a FIRMWARE section on here to put them all in one place. for each model.
2018-1-17
Use props
driverseat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-1-17 11:20
That's the problem with updates you tend to hear just the more vocal problems rather than the happy runners - plus it would better if we just had a FIRMWARE section on here to put them all in one place. for each model.

Yes, I agree with that. It would be much more easy.
driverseat
2018-1-17
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-1-17 11:20
That's the problem with updates you tend to hear just the more vocal problems rather than the happy runners - plus it would better if we just had a FIRMWARE section on here to put them all in one place. for each model.

I rally your suggestion. FW dedicated section and separate sections for P4P and P4P+ as running different FWs
2018-1-17
Use props
Chewbacca
lvl.2
United Kingdom

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-1-17 11:03
Thats just it no one really knows as DJI has made no comment regarding these issue but they are giving beta downloads for a simple fix and then those I have read dont really work. Im afraid to upgrade now and its very  Shettty of DJI to keep everyone in the dark and yet they still have the faulty firmware still online.......

"its very  Shettty of DJI to keep everyone in the dark" waaaa you must be new to DJI, thats exactly what they have done since day 1 : never admit anything is wrong and never address the problems.
2018-1-17
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Chewbacca Posted at 2018-1-17 12:52
"its very  Shettty of DJI to keep everyone in the dark" waaaa you must be new to DJI, thats exactly what they have done since day 1 : never admit anything is wrong and never address the problems.

Im far from new im one of the ones who has drank from the first DJI cool aid glass and  lets say been there done that back in the F450 and F550  build it fly days  but still would like to know when its safe to upgrade my darn firmware without having to second guess it.....
2018-1-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-1-17 13:43
Im far from new im one of the ones who has drank from the first DJI cool aid glass and  lets say been there done that back in the F450 and F550  build it fly days  but still would like to know when its safe to upgrade my darn firmware without having to second guess it.....

You also drank the Koolaid from people that say they have a problem and assume it's due to firmware.
You've assumed they are correct and that every one else is also having issues.
But the many, many people using it without issue means nothing to you?
2018-1-17
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-17 17:12
You also drank the Koolaid from people that say they have a problem and assume it's due to firmware.
You've assumed they are correct and that every one else is also having issues.

I see you didn’t read all the post and issues that everyone is having.  So yes I drank a lot of it ! and I also see where DJI is giving out beta firmware to fix the temporary issues that people are having with the latest firmware!!!!
2018-1-17
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-17 17:12
You've assumed they are correct and that every one else is also having issues.

For your reading pleasure
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D386%26typeid%3D386
2018-1-17
Use props
VR6OOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61148 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m on the latest firmware and go app is up to date. I'm also running the latest iOS. No problems here.
2018-1-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-1-17 18:48
I see you didn’t read all the post and issues that everyone is having.  So yes I drank a lot of it ! and I also see where DJI is giving out beta firmware to fix the temporary issues that people are having with the latest firmware!!!!

issues that everyone is having?
Everyone = some people
How much of the noise about firmware is people like you, who haven't updated but talk about issues although you have no first hand experience?
That sort of thing amplifies what might be a small issue or no issue and causes readers to believe there is an issue.
2018-1-17
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Nothing is wrong with either the latest firmware or app from my perspective, no problems at all.
2018-1-17
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-1-17 20:29
Nothing is wrong with either the latest firmware or app from my perspective, no problems at all.

So you don't experience the inverted video issue when shooting straight down? That's what the v...301 beta is meant to resolve. Otherwise, yeah, no issues myself either.
2018-1-17
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38415 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-17 20:25
Everyone = some people
How much of the noise about firmware is people like you, who haven't updated but talk about issues although you have no first hand experience?

“...Small issue or no issue...”
The reverse is also true.  Just because it works for you doesn’t mean it works for everyone.
I started that thread and I was surprised how many jumped in with bad experiences.

And, I assure you, I’m talking from personal actual experience with the update.

Have some more cool-aid.
2018-1-17
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-17 20:45
So you don't experience the inverted video issue when shooting straight down? That's what the v...301 beta is meant to resolve. Otherwise, yeah, no issues myself either.

No I don't get the inverted video problem.
2018-1-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It does not cause readers to believe there is an issue, if there is an issue, then there is an issue plain and simple, not everyone has the exact same setup, craft, device, device OS, device OS Version/Build.

To be honest, i think many haven't noticed the inverted camera issue as yet, I didnt for a good few flights, then I happened to notice it whilst wearing the goggles, had i been on my small note 3, i may not have noticed it at all, if you are on the latest build, point the camera as far down as it will go then move forward. If it still does not do it then great, happy for you, but i believe this thread is about the firmware regarding the issues, not regarding the lack of issues.
2018-1-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Tom Saavedra Posted at 2018-1-17 21:10
“...Small issue or no issue...”
The reverse is also true.  Just because it works for you doesn’t mean it works for everyone.
I started that thread and I was surprised how many jumped in with bad experiences.

I stand corrected.  It all makes sense now.
You have an issue - therefore everyone has an issue and it must be due to firmware.
2018-1-17
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-17 20:25
Everyone = some people

some more reading:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D386%26typeid%3D386

You are not getting what im saying ……"Everyone" in the threads not everyone with a P4p! why would anyone want to take a chance if thread after thread states problems after updates… GREAT you don’t have any why? I don’t know but NOTHING wrong being cautious or MAD as this is a known fact DJI puts out faulty firmware and Still  is putting out faulty FIRMWARE with issues (major issues ) are being discovered or grounded due to multiple issues. You state you don’t have issue well with your drone that is and thats OK good for you  !  No one said everyone is having but I will say a lot of issues are being talked about thread after thread…. I don’t understand your rant ! And I Don't I really care !  All I know DJI has a HISTORY of this crap !
2018-1-17
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

One other thing  where is DJI in this discussion ?  Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,……….
2018-1-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-1-17 22:31
One other thing  where is DJI in this discussion ?  Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,……….

Same place they are on any discussion.
In case you haven't noticed yet, DJI don't participate in forum discussion.
2018-1-17
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-17 22:46
Same place they are on any discussion.

Well, maybe its time  some of the  DJI mods should chime in !
2018-1-17
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So the question of the day is:

Do you upgrade to the latest Firmware or not?

DO you take  the chance that you may screw yourself or do you wait it out till DJI makes some sort of branch of  support?  

We the people who buy into DJI and DRINK the DJI cool aid need some sort of information...... PLEASE!!
2018-1-18
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Really ? DJI moderators do not participate ??? what are they, phantoms ???

As for the statistics, I'll tell you a real story how stats works: if one have one million dollars and another guy has nothing, we can say the average is half a million...

If you have any bug to fix, any malfunctionality on your DJI, (I recall, you don't own a P4P+ but you always like to land on our soup), again, if you are so lucky to belong to the silent majority, does this mean that the owners having problems have to keep silence?
DJI's moderators being selectively deaf, perhaps we don't say it enough loud and clear...
2018-1-18
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

But I bet just bet  If I scream  HEY DJI WHAT THE F U K  IS GOING ON!!! then someone will say something or delete my post !  its sad teh only way you get them to respond is  say FUK....WTF? LOL
2018-1-18
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets
2018-1-18
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

They are on sleep now...
2018-1-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-1-18 11:54
Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets ,Crickets

Hey, sorry, but this is a bizarre thread. When was the last time you were on, say, a Microsoft support forum and the employees there said "Hey, don't update to Windows 10 Creators Edition - it's full of bugs and cr@p"? The DJI mods are here for two reasons - provide support to those reporting issues or unsure of the operation of the craft, and to ensure that the appropriate standard of conversation is being maintained. It's a public forum, after all. If you want opinions, read the other reader's posts or check the tech blogs. Cut the DJI people here some slack - they do their best to navigate through threads like this to help those who want the help within their limited capacity.

Above it was stated that you only typically hear of the issues, and we all know that that's because the people without issues don't have anything to sort out so nothing to be discussed. Having said that, it's clear that some people are experiencing issues but a number of those are due to something in the mix not being at the right level (firmware, app, device, whatever).

So, sorry to hear you're still having issues. My P4P is currently on v...5.300 and is flying fine, but I now have access to v...5.301 (I'm told) so I'll give that a go this weekend. My only suggestion is always update both controller and craft twice, with a power cycle and then factory default reset in-between, and keep the app on most current level. This was a lesson I learnt from how Dumbld@re needs to work. Then recalibrate VPS and Gimbal.

Live long and prosper. :-)
2018-1-18
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38415 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-17 21:48
I stand corrected.  It all makes sense now.
You have an issue - therefore everyone has an issue and it must be due to firmware.

That’s not what I said.
Here’s a concept for you; Maybe some people have issues and others don’t.

Generalize much?
2018-1-18
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So DJI   or DJI Susan or any DJI rep on these forums  DO you care to chime in and let us know whats the deal and Should we wait to upgrade our firmware?  ........Pretty Please? with sugar on top?
2018-1-19
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

In defense of the moderators, I'm sure they don't make DJI policy so I doubt they can help straighten it out. There is a solution to protect your investment, though, involving getting the crippled FW out of your machine and going back to a more functional version. It's on the internet where I suggest doing a search, unless you're already familiar with it. I've done it on mine and I'm completely tablet, forced update and login free now. I would suggest doing it now while you still can.
2018-1-19
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-1-19 09:44
So DJI   or DJI Susan or any DJI rep on these forums  DO you care to chime in and let us know whats the deal and Should we wait to upgrade our firmware?  ........Pretty Please? with sugar on top?

It makes no sense asking DJI, they always say you have to make sure you have the latest versions, even when it was the latest versions that brought you the problems you're fighting against.
2018-1-20
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ok its now getting serious when thread after thread reports after firmware update the craft falls from the sky and nothing is being done about it as the crapy firmware that is still online ...what gives ...????
2018-1-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-1-21 13:12
Ok its now getting serious when thread after thread reports after firmware update the craft falls from the sky and nothing is being done about it as the crapy firmware that is still online ...what gives ...????

What gives is that you're creating a lot of noise.
You have no problem but assume that because some have claimed that firmware has caused problems, that they must be right and that it affects everyone.
You still completely ignore the evidence of many, many users having no problems.
Ever since DJI started selling Phantoms, people have complained about all kinds of things and blamed firmware - they are usually wrong.

How about either:
         Just staying with whatever firmware you have if you are too scared to update
Or     Update and see if you have a problem before making so much noise about nothing.
2018-1-21
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-21 14:25
What gives is that you're creating a lot of noise.
You have no problem but assume that because some have claimed that firmware has caused problems, that they must be right and that it affects everyone.
You still completely ignore the evidence of many, many users having no problems.

Yes! I do have an issue when i see that the firmware that I could have upgraded to could cause serious issues and could lead to the craft falling from the sky as others have reported.  So Yes I will make noise !!!!
2018-1-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-1-21 14:50
Yes! I do have an issue when i see that the firmware that I could have upgraded to could cause serious issues and could lead to the craft falling from the sky as others have reported.  So Yes I will make noise !!!!

Firmware making a Phantom fall from the sky?
That's beyond unlikely and indicative of the degree of fantasy you are indulging in.
Two things can make a Phantom fall from the sky:
A genuine hardware malfunction
Launching with a partially depleted battery, even more so in very cold weather.
What makes you so sure the incidents that alarm you are firmware related?
2018-1-21
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-21 15:08
Firmware making a Phantom fall from the sky?
That's beyond unlikely and indicative of the degree of fantasy you are indulging in.
Two things can make a Phantom fall from the sky:

You must know it all !  
2018-1-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Officially yes, THEY don't participate. Even DJI forum moderator's don't and surely can't. Unofficially any DJI employee/contractor can sign-in with any nickname, express any opposite, defensive opinion and get paid for it. Maybe yes, maybe not. We know nothing ...
2018-1-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules