latest firmware caused these features to stop working for me
1205 3 2015-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thetravguy
lvl.1

United States

IOC sensors are not working. reset it, calibrated it many times and despite it showing its functional on the app as soon as i swith to atti mode 3 feet off the ground the inspire wanders randomly in all directions.

dynamic home point to R/C has also stopped working. i've tried setting it in flight, on the ground, the aircraft 100 feet away in the air and on the ground and i always get the same error message. "gps signal not strong enough". even tho i have full gps bars and im in a open where gps works fine.

both these features were working perfectly before the last 2 updates. nothing has changed about the aircraft since the last to updates physically. i've done the firmware update a few times and every time i get the "success" txt file.

i've updated the app, aircraft, transmitter and batteries all with no errors.

i've flown the aircraft on 4 different tablets all running different versions of android and the all the same features i mentioned above do no work on any of them.

DJI expect a phone call real soon.
2015-4-23
Use props
mauricio.copett
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49751 ft
Brazil

Interesting, I had a very similar situation causing a crash. Did you notice your drone accelerating too much the engines too? Mine wasn't responding my commands, going to any direction until it crashed. Watching the flight record and my sticks commands, I noticed that it was flying backwards while I was trying to hold it as stable as possible ( impossible...). It crashed, of course, but fortunately without big damage. Look at this video I did after the crash, testing this acceleration behavior of the motors that I assume it was the cause of the crash. Any thoughts? Nobody here is able to help effectively, although some are trying...

password: inspire1crash
2015-4-23
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Resetting the home point to the RCs auto update dynamic feature and return home to new RC location test .
2015-4-23
Use props
thetravguy
lvl.1

United States

talked with a guy from dji support on the phone, he concluded it was a firmware update error and the ONLY solution is to send it in for repair. the repair time is 4 to 5 weeks 6 weeks max.

according to him i can't factory reset the drone.... which would probably fix it by allowing me to install the firmware from scratch since he and i are both 99% sure it's the cause of the problem. even tho i updated everything perfectly EXSACTLY how they told me to do it TO A T it stil went bad aparently.

i can't take the drone to the repair factory in california near where i live myself because they dont take walk-ins.
i couldnt even set an appointment to take my drone in myself so i could at least continue to use it while i wait for my turn for repairs

i know they are going to pull the hard drive off and plug it in and factory reset it, send it back and tell me to re-install the firmware if they don't do it themselves... which they might... but 2 months to do what will probably take 10 minuets?

im tempted to bust thing apart probably to find a tiny ass paperclip hole somewhere that i hold for 5 seconds and it resets the firmware back to factory... there has to be one or something like it. it's a bad business plan to force us to be so dependent the factory for stupid stuff like this.

so i got 2 options, send it in or wait for the next firmware update that will probably over ride the problem im having with mine. which is about every 1 1/2 months.

what is the point of their tech support? they have no authority to say anything except what i already know. they are just secretary's there to take appointments for sending in bad inspires as far as i can tell.

there is so many reasons for me to never buy DJI anything ever again i feel like the biggest idiot for buying the inspire at all. there is no help at all from the people who made it. i got more help from toyota with my 20 year old car then i do with DJI and their product that is less then 6 months old. red flags every where. this time next year there is a good chance we will be saying DJI who? i could get faster support and answers from the crappiest quad toy from china for 50 bucks then anything i've seen from dJI and this 3000 dollar quad.

if your on the fence about buying something from DJI dont!!! wait 6 months and get a used one, so when it breaks or has software problems you will have 1000 bucks sitting around instead of 3G+

2015-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules