What are you guys running while using dual gimbals?
1376 2 2018-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aldrichg8
lvl.1

United States

I have had this M210 RTK for about two weeks now and have just now installed the dual gimbal mount with an XT and a Z30.
I have updated firmware on everything to the best of my ability using DJI Assistant.

I understand that the Pilot app is necessary to control the dual gimbal setup (which is annoying because I cannot use my I2 as the slave)
But I did link my I2 master and then slaved the Cendence to it in order to use the crystalsky which is the only way to have the pilot app.

The trouble is that the icon to take control of the gimbals does not appear in the app.

I was finally able to get it to work by opening the GO 4 app and while it gives me an error to use Pilot, I was able to click the gimbal control icon in the background, close GO 4, and go to Pilot.

This worked, I was able to control the cameras as I had hoped.
The trouble started when I attempted to take off and realized that I had no RTK signal.... because I am now using the Cendence as the slave rather than the master I am not getting signal from the base station.

This brings up another point.
Those of you with RTK 210s.  When you toggle the RTK off, then fly, does it seem like the compass errors come on if you cross the smallest power line?  Even a compass cal wouldn’t take care of it.

I am currently not going to be flying my 210 until my second Cendence with CrystalSky comes in because almost every flight results in ATTI mode and I have to cycle power in order to get GPS back.

So my question is this...
What are you guys doing to make the dual gimbal setup work without having to use a second CrystalSky

2018-1-19
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

response to https://www.facebook.com/kenoimcbride/posts/10210534240533386
2018-1-19
Use props
Aldrichg8
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the reply.

The issue he is having in the video is not being able to link the two Cendence remotes because GO 4 doesn’t want to work while there are two gimbals on the aircraft.
The solution there is to power off the aircraft and GO 4 will simply stop complaining and allow you to link the slave to the master.

What I also noticed in that video is that when he did link them he did not need to tap the screen to take control of the cameras.
It just worked.
Mine did not.

With one Cendence and one Lightbridge 2 controller is it possible to use the RTK?
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules