Trojan in Assistant 2?
3761 20 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_53yAOYQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87467 ft
United States

It has been posted on the DJI Pilots forum and I have personally scanned DJI Assistant and this is the result.
Microsoft has found, Tilken.b!d located in file DJRonin2service.dll

I had it remove the Trojan, but now don't know whether it might have put this on the RE Goggles or the other gear I updated.

I downloaded the Assistant 2 12/14/17 (From the DJI Site) so that I could update my RE Goggles, Microsoft warned of unsigned drivers and such, but it installed.

Others on the forum are also finding the DJI Assistant is infected. I am not the only one. It would be a good idea to scan if you have this installed on your machine.
Floyd
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Floyd, may I know the name of your anti-virus software and which version is it? The version of the DJI Assistant 2 is v1.2.0, right? Please kindly provide me with the info above and the screenshot of the warning (if you have saved), so I can forward to our engineers to check. Thank you.
2018-1-20
Use props
djiuser_53yAOYQ
lvl.2
United States

Windows 7 64 bit, Microsoft Essentials Anti-Virus, results of scan  "Trojan, Tilken.b!d located in file DJRonin2service.dll"
I did not save a screen shot, but I do have the original file that I downloaded from your site. Version DJI Assistant 2 1.1.8 according to the exe file dated 12-24-17. The Tojan was only found after it was mentioned on the DJI Pilot's forum. I scanned and sure enough, the Trojan was there.
Scanning the EXE file, there is nothing there, not that the Microsoft Essentials can find anyway. So it doesn't come out, until it is executed. Then it is related to "visionstarter.exe" and I would assume that the DJRoni2Service.dll is used by it.
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_53yAOYQ Posted at 2018-1-20 23:27
Windows 7 64 bit, Microsoft Essentials Anti-Virus, results of scan  "Trojan, Tilken.b!d located in file DJRonin2service.dll"
I did not save a screen shot, but I do have the original file that I downloaded from your site. Version DJI Assistant 2 1.1.8 according to the exe file dated 12-24-17. The Tojan was only found after it was mentioned on the DJI Pilot's forum. I scanned and sure enough, the Trojan was there.
Scanning the EXE file, there is nothing there, not that the Microsoft Essentials can find anyway. So it doesn't come out, until it is executed. Then it is related to "visionstarter.exe" and I would assume that the DJRoni2Service.dll is used by it.

Thank you for your feedback, I will forward to our engineers to check and see if there is anything we can do.
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, I got an update from our engineers: this is the false positive of some anti-virus softwares, our engineers are now investigating it. Please try to install DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6 on this website and confirm if the warning reappears. We are looking forward to your feedback, thank you very much.
2018-1-21
Use props
djiuser_53yAOYQ
lvl.2
United States

Thank you, I will indeed try to install the Ver 1.1.6.  Once I uninstall the older vers, then I will check the new folder and report back.
Floyd
2018-1-21
Use props
djiuser_53yAOYQ
lvl.2
United States

OK, just completed that, nothing found on scan, seems fine. But why Ver1.1.6 when I was at 1.1.8 and stranger still, Windows showed it as Ver 1.1.7. Very odd.
Floyd
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello All, Thanks for your attention. There is one beta version of DJI Assistant 2, would you like to participate in?
Here is the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/siqy5c ... 1ee533a%29.exe?dl=0
Any feedback will be appreciated. We will collect these feedback regularly and forward to our engineers. Thank you so much!

Edit: I've just edited the post and upldate the Dropbox link, please check later.

2018-1-25
Use props
joefoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656394 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-25 01:16
Hello All, Thanks for your attention. There is one beta version of DJI Assistant 2, would you like to participate in?
Here is the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/siqy5c ... 1ee533a%29.exe?dl=0
Any feedback will be appreciated. We will collect these feedback regularly and forward to our engineers. Thank you so much!

My laptop just reported a Trojan in DJI Assistant 2 app as well.  It's from the .exe posted along with the Mavic Air on 1/29/18.  Not sure what version; frankly hesitant to open the app again.  I attached a screenshot of the virus; laptop is running Windows 10.

Trojan Virus in DJI Assistant 2

Trojan Virus in DJI Assistant 2
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

joefoto Posted at 2018-2-1 11:16
My laptop just reported a Trojan in DJI Assistant 2 app as well.  It's from the .exe posted along with the Mavic Air on 1/29/18.  Not sure what version; frankly hesitant to open the app again.  I attached a screenshot of the virus; laptop is running Windows 10.

Joe, could you check my last message and download the link to try again? Our engineers are trying to locate the exact cause, and we appreciate your participation.
2018-2-1
Use props
joefoto
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-1 19:58
Joe, could you check my last message and download the link to try again? Our engineers are trying to locate the exact cause, and we appreciate your participation.

I'm downloading updated virus signatures and then I'll try again.
2018-2-3
Use props
joefoto
lvl.2
United States

joefoto Posted at 2018-2-3 07:58
I'm downloading updated virus signatures and then I'll try again.

I uninstalled the version from the MA download page and installed the version at the link you provided (interesting that the version was down level from the one on the MA page).  I didn't get any virus notification.
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

joefoto Posted at 2018-2-3 08:11
I uninstalled the version from the MA download page and installed the version at the link you provided (interesting that the version was down level from the one on the MA page).  I didn't get any virus notification.

Thanks for your feedback. We'll keep collecting and forwarding to the designated team for review.
2018-2-5
Use props
Hansdegebruiker
New
Hungary

got the same just now with bitdefender up to date on W10.Trojan.Heur.PM.2
2018-12-14
Use props
droneinblack
New

Indonesia

few days ago i try updating firmware on dji phantom 4 flying unit through DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.6, there was download progress bar but failed. i tried few times and failed.
then i saw notifications from antivirus. it said it deleted something from DJI folder.

i tried to reinstall the dji assistant 2 and failed.
then i uninstalled DJI Assistant 2, turn off the antivirus, then install DJI Assistant 2 again. the installation can't continue because file viewer.exe can't be created. even after antivirus protection is turned off.

is there any new version of DJI Assistant 2?
2019-1-28
Use props
--JD--
New

United States

Why is this being allowed to be distributed?
2019-2-4
Use props
--JD--
New

United States

--JD-- Posted at 2-4 09:36
[view_image]

Why is this being allowed to be distributed?

I found the link above and will try to download the software link you provided.
2019-2-4
Use props
Geek Priest
lvl.1
Flight distance : 423957 ft
United States

After a more-than-frustrating several hours long experience updating my new smart controller, I've gotten a Bitdefender report that I downloaded the  'Gen:Trojan.Heur.PM.2'. Is this, too, a 'false positive' from Bitdefender, and is there any chance it was transmitted to the smart controller (that has no anti-virus protection)? I'm hoping to fly soon and put this very unimpressive experience behind me, but I must say between the updating and the virus alert it does not engender warm feelings for DJI...
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Geek Priest Posted at 3-18 11:00
After a more-than-frustrating several hours long experience updating my new smart controller, I've gotten a Bitdefender report that I downloaded the  'Gen:Trojan.Heur.PM.2'. Is this, too, a 'false positive' from Bitdefender, and is there any chance it was transmitted to the smart controller (that has no anti-virus protection)? I'm hoping to fly soon and put this very unimpressive experience behind me, but I must say between the updating and the virus alert it does not engender warm feelings for DJI...

Hi Geek Priest, just to verify, do you download the DJI Assistant 2 from Mavic 2 series page? If yes, you may disable the anti-virus software and digital signature to see whether it works.
2019-3-19
Use props
DuscoDugusco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4462 ft
Spain

Hello, what is the problem with DJI Assistant 2???

2020-1-14
Use props
Aksel123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125 ft
Norway

Just got a warning aswell here;

"Threat detected: Trojan:Win32/Vigorf.A"

This is with Dji Assistant 2 for Mavic. v2.0.10
2020-1-28
Use props
Advanced