123Next >
6222 81 2018-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

DirkGerrit Posted at 2018-1-22 10:40
Hello DJI Elektra, the drone didn't crash, it landed safely. I never had a crash with the spark. I will find out how to export the flight data and black box, then I will send it.

You didn't crash but many new pilots would.  Especially if they were a kilometer out.  It would be worth seeing if your navigation system has a part (compass, GPS, IMU) that is failing.  It is always on the pilot to safely fly his aircraft But, even the greatest pilots demand maintenance if their autopilot acting wonky because of a faulty navigation box (compass).

2018-1-23
Use props
Roberto Lafarga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140010 ft
Mexico

Had that issue about a month, sadly I just got that same response from elektra
2018-1-23
Use props
DirkGerrit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 276424 ft
Netherlands

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-23 15:59
You didn't crash but many new pilots would.  Especially if they were a kilometer out.  It would be worth seeing if your navigation system has a part (compass, GPS, IMU) that is failing.  It is always on the pilot to safely fly his aircraft But, even the greatest pilots demand maintenance if their autopilot acting wonky because of a faulty navigation box (compass).

I agree, did everything Elektr asked. Now I want to know where to sent the files but no reaction until now
2018-1-24
Use props
DirkGerrit
Second Officer
Netherlands

Roberto Lafarga Posted at 2018-1-23 18:02
Had that issue about a month, sadly I just got that same response from elektra

And then it stopped?
2018-1-24
Use props
Roberto Lafarga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140010 ft
Mexico

The responses?? Yeah, but Spark is fully working now, The issue is gone.
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

DirkGerrit Posted at 2018-1-22 10:40
Hello DJI Elektra, the drone didn't crash, it landed safely. I never had a crash with the spark. I will find out how to export the flight data and black box, then I will send it.

Thanks for your help. Please upload it to dropbox and post the link here.
2018-1-26
Use props
MaikR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322087 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Had the same issue a few weeks ago.... Haven't flown after the issue....
2018-1-26
Use props
Shade220
lvl.3
Canada

Also finding the drone is going into Atti mode mid flight.
Noted so far: Happen after some minutes of flight.  Always from Sport to Atti, has never happened from P-GPS to Atti, Drone speed or distance does not seem to be a factor.  Have many satellites, about 17.  No yaw errors, little wind.  Flying over empty farm land in the country.  Is cold, -10C/14F or colder.

Thinking the GPS sensor is sensitive to temperature, but the drone switches from Sport to Atti, and back to Sport.

When the drone switches to Atti mode, the drone just keeps going even when you let go of the controller, you have to stop the drone and maneuver it back.  When this happens unexpectedly can see why people would become disoriented and lose their drones.
I'm using the Litchi app.
2018-1-26
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Isn't 0 deg lowest recommended temp in manual for operating? Does it do when it's more  than that?
2018-1-26
Use props
Shade220
lvl.3
Canada

Bright Spark Posted at 2018-1-26 08:56
Isn't 0 deg lowest recommended temp in manual for operating? Does it do when it's more  than that?

Yes, think 0C is lowest recommended temperature.  Don't know why the drone would switch from Sport to Atti and back to Sport if it was a temperature issue.  Curious if others having this issue are also flying when it is colder out.  Have not had the chance to fly any distance in Sport mode on warmer days.
Dont know what would happen if you hit RTH while the drone was in Atti mode.  Dont expect it would be a good outcome.
2018-1-26
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Nothing. Atti means gps discounted.
2018-1-26
Use props
DirkGerrit
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-22 02:36
Sir, please export the flight data and the black box for analysis. Did you crash your drone before? Thanks for your help.

Good afternoon DJI Elektra, on the link below the flight data and blackbox files

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hip8n ... T3oEV7DJEdNTJa?dl=0
2018-1-27
Use props
DirkGerrit
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-22 02:36
Sir, please export the flight data and the black box for analysis. Did you crash your drone before? Thanks for your help.

I hope the problem can be solved, because I am scary to fly the drone now...
2018-1-27
Use props
DirkGerrit
Second Officer
Netherlands

Did one flight today. Everything worked okay but I kept the spark in close range. Hopefully DJI Elektra will look at the logfiles she asked for, I posted them three days ago. Or is it better to start a new thread because I'm afraid nobody is looking at this thread anymore?
2018-1-30
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

DirkGerrit Posted at 2018-1-30 07:00
Did one flight today. Everything worked okay but I kept the spark in close range. Hopefully DJI Elektra will look at the logfiles she asked for, I posted them three days ago. Or is it better to start a new thread because I'm afraid nobody is looking at this thread anymore?

Your experience sounds a lot like what had happened to me this weekend (https://forum.dji.com/thread-132046-1-1.html). I'm also at the stage where I'm flying again, but very very gingerly, only at close range...

I was certain that my Spark was having a hardware issue, but since more and more users seem to have similar experiences, one can hope that a software update will fix it.
2018-1-31
Use props
DirkGerrit
Second Officer
Netherlands

KurtVD Posted at 2018-1-31 00:49
Your experience sounds a lot like what had happened to me this weekend (https://forum.dji.com/thread-132046-1-1.html). I'm also at the stage where I'm flying again, but very very gingerly, only at close range...

I was certain that my Spark was having a hardware issue, but since more and more users seem to have similar experiences, one can hope that a software update will fix it.

Theanks for the reply. So you didn’t open a case at DJI?
2018-1-31
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Switzerland

DirkGerrit Posted at 2018-1-31 09:04
Theanks for the reply. So you didn’t open a case at DJI?

Yes, but only today (I wanted to see if it happens again), so naturally they haven't answered yet.
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

DirkGerrit Posted at 2018-1-27 06:59
I hope the problem can be solved, because I am scary to fly the drone now...

Thanks for your patience and update. I would help you forward it to our engineers for further check.
2018-2-1
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What version of DJI Go 4 are you all using when these problems occur, is that the common link ?
2018-2-1
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Support got back to me and told me to calibrate the IMU and then the compass (Main Controller Settings > Sensors). It makes sense in my case, since I did have IMU and compass errors, even if they were displayed after having landed. Unfortunately the weather is probably gonna be rather bad the next few days, so I'm not sure when I'll be  flying again.
2018-2-1
Use props
DirkGerrit
Second Officer
Netherlands

lannes Posted at 2018-2-1 02:56
What version of DJI Go 4 are you all using when these problems occur, is that the common link ?

The latest version
2018-2-1
Use props
DirkGerrit
Second Officer
Netherlands

KurtVD Posted at 2018-2-1 05:53
DJI Support got back to me and told me to calibrate the IMU and then the compass (Main Controller Settings > Sensors). It makes sense in my case, since I did have IMU and compass errors, even if they were displayed after having landed. Unfortunately the weather is probably gonna be rather bad the next few days, so I'm not sure when I'll be  flying again.

Keep us updated!
2018-2-1
Use props
DirkGerrit
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-1 02:12
Thanks for your patience and update. I would help you forward it to our engineers for further check.

Thanks DJI Elektra!
2018-2-1
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

KurtVD Posted at 2018-2-1 05:53

That is sound advice, I always check my IMU and compass status in the detailed sensors page, to see how close they are to having interference, if they are borderline I then  move position so they are back down to close to the minimums or in the worst case recalibrate
2018-2-1
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Switzerland

Same here, my iPhone is set on auto-update.
2018-2-1
Use props
DirkGerrit
Second Officer
Netherlands

Did the Imu and compass calibration. Yesterday another flight. Everything seems to be fine. Even went to 150 meters high, no problem at all.
2018-2-5
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Spain

Although it's counter-intuitive, flying higher should be more secure since access to more satellites is available.
However  the wind gradient has to be allowed for.
2018-2-5
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

I'll link this post from last year about the causes of yaw/compass errors and my story and video of my experience with losing the GPS mid-flight.  

https://forum.dji.com/thread-117543-1-1.html

2018-2-5
Use props
DirkGerrit
Second Officer
Netherlands

Thank you for the info, scary moments in your video
2018-2-5
Use props
wisnia.sebastian
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi We didn't found any abnormal data. Have you experienced any abnormal flight recently?
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

DirkGerrit Posted at 2018-2-5 13:32
Thank you for the info, scary moments in your video

Please follow our engineers's advice in 70# and provide needed info. Thanks for your cooperation.  
2018-4-3
Use props
DirkGerrit
Second Officer

wisnia.sebastian@gmail.com Posted at 2018-4-2 00:32
Hi We didn't found any abnormal data. Have you experienced any abnormal flight recently?

After this video I had a few  flights. The Spark behaved perfectly. Last month I sold the Spark and bought the air.
2018-4-3
Use props
fanscaed875d
New

Hey everybody,

Last saturday I was in Belgium on a hiking trip. First flight was perfectly fine (about 10 min and 60 m altitude), next flight, about 30 seconds after the start the aircraft it was hovering. But then, it got totaly out of control and accelarted to about 20 KmH (while it was over water). Luckily, it accelerated towards solid ground but also towards a big rock - i was seeing it already getting smashed there. But good for the drone, it crashed into my dog. Very bad for the doggo..... Now, I went to the flight log data in the DJI GO 4 app (iOS) and could see, that although i was not steering it accelerated all by itself.

Today, afer new propelers arrived (two broke while smahsing into my dog) i started the drone indoors. Good news: it strats. Bad news: it can not hover anymore. It changes altidude (30cm to 0cm) and goes back and forth, gently hitting the walls, seemingly the collision avoidance doenst work as expected.

So the whole outdoor incident went so fast and was really kind of dangerous. I mean not for the drone but for people and obviously animals. Now I am even to afrad to test it outside, because i dont want to make it worse.

What would you guys suggest to do? Where can I generate these cool grafics from, so maybe some of you could have a look on? Or would you suggest to directly contact the DJI support?

I am happy to take all your guys suggestions!!!!
2018-4-10
Use props
fanscaed875d
New

Oh and by the way:

latest version of the DJI GO 4 app. I did not check for any compass recalibrations beforehand, and havent checked this till now. But i am so confused that the first fight was perfectly safe and there was no wind, as me and my wife recap the situation..

desperatel hoping for answers!!!
2018-4-10
Use props
sergio.flor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 798301 ft
Spain

i had the same issue 2 months ago. I got the same message errors and later the drone went crazzy (Pass to 12 km/h to 70 km/h) and crashed. I was flying in P-Mode and I had a lot of flight time. On my holiday Easter I had the same issue but I controlled the  drone and  seconds later recovered the regular status.
I am a telegram group with 300 users and the same issue has occurred to several members with the last firmware version.
2018-4-10
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

What I read in the log files from some people, the most of yaw errors caused by flying in sport mode.
2018-4-11
Use props
datacreed
lvl.1

United States

Same here - from Summer 2019 to-date  - late December 2019.  Have you found any answers since 2018?   
2019-12-17
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

datacreed Posted at 12-17 10:40
Same here - from Summer 2019 to-date  - late December 2019.  Have you found any answers since 2018?

There are many similar posts in this forum. Yaw error, speed error, compass error and switch to ATTI mode. Many people have lost Spark forever because of this ... DJI has never explained this mistake and now that it is no longer produced, they will not.
This is an error in the IMU or in the compass. If the firmware error had been fixed, it would have been fixed. Unfortunately, this is a hardware failure.
2019-12-17
Use props
fans2748c856
lvl.1

United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2019-12-17 14:44
There are many similar posts in this forum. Yaw error, speed error, compass error and switch to ATTI mode. Many people have lost Spark forever because of this ... DJI has never explained this mistake and now that it is no longer produced, they will not.
This is an error in the IMU or in the compass. If the firmware error had been fixed, it would have been fixed. Unfortunately, this is a hardware failure.

Early 2020 research online - users are saying bad GPS board - quite possible in my case.
Thanks.
2020-5-9
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

fans2748c856 Posted at 5-9 09:25
Early 2020 research online - users are saying bad GPS board - quite possible in my case.
Thanks.

Then why name the compass as a source of error? In addition, the log writes a speed problem.
In many cases, after switching to ATTI, the log still shows 16-20 satellites. I don't think the GPS is at fault, but the compass and the IMU.
We'll never know that again ...
2020-5-9
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules