What is the ‘H’ along the red yellow and green line?
3171 13 2018-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jakey boy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This might be a really stupid question, but I can’t find any info on it!

First, what is the long  line at the top of the app when flying? Its red for a portion, then yellow, then green.

There is also an ‘H’ that seems to move about when flying.

What is it indicating?

Many thanks!
2018-1-21
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

That bar indicates your remaining flight time based on your energy consumption , the "H" Is the point at which the bird can fly back to home  safely before the battery reaches critical levels , one thing to note is for it to be accurate you should have a fully charged battery at the start of your flight . You can read all about it in the manual  i believe
2018-1-21
Use props
Jakey boy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DEUCEDOG Posted at 2018-1-21 10:40
That bar indicates your remaining flight time based on your energy consumption , the "H" Is the point at which the bird can fly back to home  safely before the battery reaches critical levels , one thing to note is for it to be accurate you should have a fully charged battery at the start of your flight . You can read all about it in the manual  i believe

Ah ok many thanks!
2018-1-21
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Forgot to say it is only approximate and changes depending on the power use  at the time  but useful if you use it alongside the battery voltage indicator   
2018-1-21
Use props
Jakey boy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DEUCEDOG Posted at 2018-1-21 12:35
Forgot to say it is only approximate and changes depending on the power use  at the time  but useful if you use it alongside the battery voltage indicator

Ok, that’s good to know, I looked on the dji app on the manuals and couldn’t find any info, and it was easier for me to ask on hear than dig the instructions out
2018-1-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Jakey boy Posted at 2018-1-21 12:45
Ok, that’s good to know, I looked on the dji app on the manuals and couldn’t find any info, and it was easier for me to ask on hear than dig the instructions out

Please don't dig the instructions out, but extract the manual surgically,

Then RTFM!! Haha
Memorize those passages...

Or perhaps you'd rather be digging your drone out of the tall spruce...
What is your RTH set for, height wise?

RedHotPoker
2018-1-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Check out the references to "Battery Level Indicator" in this online manual:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-118397-1-1.html
2018-1-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-21 13:20
Check out the references to "Battery Level Indicator" in this online manual:

That would take digging out reading glasses, and carfully pouring a cup of boiling coffee.. Work.

Then you would need to RTFM. Dang!! hahaha

RedHotPoker
2018-1-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-21 13:20
Check out the references to "Battery Level Indicator" in this online manual:

That would take digging out reading glasses, and carfully pouring a cup of boiling coffee.. Work.

RedHotPoker
2018-1-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-1-21 13:36

In the op's defence, RHP, I don't recall seeing this detail in the standard manual. There's actually little information on DJI GO 4, as the app is being enhanced regularly these days.

The online manual published by DJI Grace (I think) has a lot of good information I haven't seen elsewhere, but sadly is not easy to find on the forum. It's a sticky under Tutorials, but I keep looking for it on the DJI GO forum, for example (you'd think I'd remember each time... sigh).
2018-1-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

When to return to home (hoping you don't have to fly against the wind)
2018-1-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-21 14:01
In the op's defence, RHP, I don't recall seeing this detail in the standard manual. There's actually little information on DJI GO 4, as the app is being enhanced regularly these days.

The online manual published by DJI Grace (I think) has a lot of good information I haven't seen elsewhere, but sadly is not easy to find on the forum. It's a sticky under Tutorials, but I keep looking for it on the DJI GO forum, for example (you'd think I'd remember each time... sigh).

Yes, no, so much left to the imagination. But it's where you start, not an afterthought. RTFM & RTFM rinse and repeat.

Yeah,  Too bad the manuals weren't written by the experts on this forum? ;-)

I like the mini Test idea too. Ha

RedHotPoker
2018-1-21
Use props
Jakey boy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have no idea what all your abbreviations mean.

My RTH height is set to 150m this changes depending on where I’m flying (obviously)

As for losing my drone, that’s not going to happen, I fully understand most of the instructions, it’s just that particular question I asked, i couldn’t find any info on in the app or the quick start guide. Besides that’s what forums are for, sharing info etc etc.

Be happy
2018-1-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

How does the old adage go? : When all else fails, read the destructions.  Or was that INstrucions?   
2018-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules