Unlock shown in Go 4 unlock list, but can’t fly
2859 12 2018-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb774fc41
lvl.1
United States

I have an unlock approved. It appears in my unlock list, and I have clicked on the two blue confirmation circles. The slider bar is green. The camera window still says I cannot fly and shows a warning window. When I click on the map link, a map showing that my location is in a red circle (I live just outside a military airbase).

What I need to do to get the unlock to work? I have several screen shots, but can’t add them to this post for some reason.
2018-1-21
Use props
fansb774fc41
lvl.1
United States

2018-1-21
Use props
fansb774fc41
lvl.1
United States

I also have a screen video of what the app displayed on my phone yesterday, while I tried to get things to work,  but it’s apparently too large to upload here. How can I send it to you?
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansb774fc41 Posted at 2018-1-21 12:11
I also have a screen video of what the app displayed on my phone yesterday, while I tried to get things to work,  but it’s apparently too large to upload here. How can I send it to you?

Sir, you contact our Flysafe department and get the unlock permission, right? Please send an email and check this situation with them. Or you can tell me your email address so I can help you follow your case. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-22
Use props
fansb774fc41
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-22 01:57
Sir, you contact our Flysafe department and get the unlock permission, right? Please send an email and check this situation with them. Or you can tell me your email address so I can help you follow your case. Thanks for your support.

What is their email address?
2018-1-22
Use props
Sparky Sparkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5614 ft
United States

fansb774fc41 Posted at 2018-1-22 03:37
What is their email address?

Their email is flysafe@dji.com

I had a similar problem in the past on Android. I wish I knew specifically what fixed it, but I don't.

This might seem obvious but the unlock does appear to require that you are signed in to the app and that the RC/Drone are registered in the app. I also make sure that I have a internet connection when launching the app and then connect to the RC WiFi only after the app has fully launched and initialized.
2018-1-22
Use props
fansb774fc41
lvl.1
United States

Sparky Sparkins Posted at 2018-1-22 06:21
Their email is

I had a similar problem in the past on Android. I wish I knew specifically what fixed it, but I don't.

Thank you. I have a DJI account with my email, but apparently have not signed in. I will try to do that.
2018-1-22
Use props
fansb774fc41
lvl.1
United States

No, I’m signed in. My email address should be on my account?

I did send an email with the screen shots. Thanks.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansb774fc41 Posted at 2018-1-22 08:39
No, I’m signed in. My email address should be on my account?

I did send an email with the screen shots. Thanks.

If you do not receive their replies for a long time, please tell me your email address. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-26
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Try this. That worked for me:

Disable the unlock zone with the toggle on the right. Then it should work.

At least this worked for me. :-)
2018-1-26
Use props
fansb774fc41
lvl.1
United States

xfirf_ Posted at 2018-1-26 04:06
Try this. That worked for me:

Disable the unlock zone with the toggle on the right. Then it should work.

Got an email from DJI. The problem is that there are two overlapping markers in the same area. One is yellow, and the geo system will approve an unlock. The other is red and will not allow the Spark to fly. I’ll have to get a custom unlock approved. The problem there is that the phone number the system has (taken from the FAA database) is no longer in service when you call it. Now I’m on a search for the right number for Air Ops.

The saga continues.
2018-1-26
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

What is unlocked? A
2018-1-26
Use props
fansb774fc41
lvl.1
United States

The DJI software/firmware won’t let you fly in a US nofly zone (NFZ) defined by FAA. DJI can unlock a zone for a period of time when you submit a request. Check https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock.
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules