1472 18 2015-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jarraya
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,
I have a P2+.

After the latest update my gimbal swivels the camera up and down VEEERRRYYYY slowly when using the app. When trying to adjust this in the Assistant (3.6 or 3.8), the "Gimbal" tab disappears.

Please, before you tell me to calibrate my swivel wheel - I have the old controller without the wheel.

see video:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0 ... /edit?usp=drive_web

Is anyone else having this problem?

Any help appreciated
2015-4-24
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Most people want it to be slow, trust you to be different.
The Vision + does not have the gimbal tab, the assistant switches automatically to whatever model is connected to it.
2015-4-24
Use props
Kripdish
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120922 ft
United States

I just went through this and was helped successfully by Gerry1124 (Great Guy). click on my avatar and open my posts and you will find a thread for the gimbal calibration. Good Luck.
2015-4-24
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

That thread is fine if you have the new transmitter, but the OP already said he has the older transmitter without the thumbwheel, as I do...
2015-4-24
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

My Gimbal speed is ok I would like it to be slower.
I am pretty sure I was able to slow and speed it up as needed however I too see that the Gimbal speed option disappears and is now only there when attaching the newer Remote with the side gimbal wheel.
DJI likely did this to force us to buy the upgraded RC........
2015-4-24
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Attached are the manual procedures for TX calibration.
093139rmq5ycusimuss1yb.gif
2015-4-24
Use props
jarraya
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Raybro - I've seen other posts with this calibration procedure. However, as I stated in my post, I don't have the controller with the gimbal control dial.  This calibration does nothing to solve my problem.

I'm with Visual Air. DJI are just forcing us to buy the new controller.
:@
2015-4-26
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

I have the V+ V2 with the "old" transmitter and I don't think it ever had a setting to adjust the tilt speed.
You either tap the slider on the app or set it to tilt with your phone.
That's how its always been and it works fine for me.
2015-4-26
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

I see you are in Phantom Mode, try changing to NAZA by clicking the word phantom and see if the gimbal tab appears then,

On my Vision, if I have Phantom mode enabled I get a basic gimbal tab, but in naza mode I get more options.

If you buy the Ultimate flight app on google you can get variable speed tilt control with it,  the app is well worth the money.
2015-4-26
Use props
jarraya
lvl.1

Ireland

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I use an iPhone and they don't have the app. This is so frustrating for me because everything worked fine BEFORE the update. DJI has messes this up by updating the software!!!
2015-4-27
Use props
jarraya
lvl.1

Ireland

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-4-26 17:59
I have the V+ V2 with the "old" transmitter and I don't think it ever had a setting to adjust the ti ...

johnwarr, does your gimbal move this slowly?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... 3c/view?usp=sharing

2015-4-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jarraya@gmail.c Posted at 2015-4-27 18:37
johnwarr, does your gimbal move this slowly?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_--t4darjijbGxuVC0 ...

Have you done the FC-200 update for the camera?
2015-4-27
Use props
jarraya
lvl.1

Ireland

Gerry1124 can you please help with a little more info?  The last time I did an update to my software my gimbal stopped working altogether and it cost me £75 to send it back to the dealer and get it working again!!
2015-4-27
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Just watched the video, and I thought that looks very slow, so I just whipped my Phantom out of its case and was surprised to see that mine is just the same.
I admit that I hardly ever adjust it in flight, as I thought it used to be quite quick and jerky, often going passed the point I wanted and having to come back up again, but now its silky smooth and slow, I guess there was an update as some time that changed it and I just missed it ?
2015-4-27
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

As a side note, I just went off to read the release notes, just to see if I missed something, and no mention of the tilt speed being changed.
But there was a note for v3.14 firmware update which went live today.
Installed it with no problems, as I like to keep up-to-date with all firmware.
2015-4-27
Use props
jarraya
lvl.1

Ireland

Thanks johnwarr. Guess that's the way DJI want it. It's all about the new controller and they've updated the software to support only the wheel in the controller, not the old app.  .

No update for me, ever again. If it works, it's staying that way. The last update cost me £75 and too many grey hairs!

It's too bad, but I feel the poor DJI support shows that they've grown beyond their capability and they are more keen on selling units than keeping customers happy.

2015-4-27
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

I have the same "old" transmitter as you do, the only tilt control is via the app, for me it being nice and slow is a bonus, before It was too fast for me.
2015-4-27
Use props
our0borus
lvl.2

United States

Somebody tell me if this is completely irrelevant.  In the video you are opening the vision assistant before powering on the phantom -- isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

Also, I noticed at about the 10 second mark, the speed control setting is turned down all the way to the left.  Would that explain why it's moving so slowly?
2015-4-27
Use props
jarraya
lvl.1

United Kingdom

our0borus - thanks for posting. To answer your questions: it makes no difference to the software if I plug in the phantom on or not. It still does the same. DJI have confirmed this is supposed to happen.

About your second comment - that's precisely the point. I can't adjust that slider because it disappears when I plug in/turn on the phantom.
2015-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules