DJI Forum denies changing my avatar
973 7 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flying_seb
lvl.1

United States

Hi there.

This thread is a little bit off topic as it is not connected to drones per se, but I would like to change my avatar here in this forum and also get this little icon of whatever drone I am flying under my name. I have seen these two things a couple of times and the forum also asked me to change my avatar to earn inital points. However, when I navigate to my settings, the whole avatar area is greyed out and I cannot click anything (see picture). Has anyone encountered this issue?

regards

Untitled.png
2018-1-23
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Some kind of flash add on disabled.  I would rather you stopped using my avatar since I worked hard to get just the right shade of blue/green to discribe the real me.
2018-1-23
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

This forum thread *may* help if you're using a Mac.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-130380-1-1.html
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, may I know what's the OS of the PC and which browser do you use? Does the issue remains if change to another browser?
2018-1-23
Use props
flying_seb
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-23 23:12
Hey there, may I know what's the OS of the PC and which browser do you use? Does the issue remains if change to another browser?

I am using Windows 10 and Firefox browser. I have not yet tried using another one.
2018-1-24
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

If you are on a Mac then just install flash player and change it. I have not had the time to do so
2018-1-24
Use props
Linny&HerSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-1-24 06:07
If you are on a Mac then just install flash player and change it. I have not had the time to do so

I have a Mac and Flash player and I still was not able to modify my avatar. It had something to do with the High Sierra 10.13.2 OS and Safari 11.0.2. You have to enable the Develop menu, which gives you an option to open a web page in Firefox. So, bottom line is that if the modify Avatar feature doesn't work on your Mac, open the page in Firefox and it will work fine.
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

flying_seb Posted at 2018-1-24 05:50
I am using Windows 10 and Firefox browser. I have not yet tried using another one.

Thanks for getting back to us. Please check whether flash player in the Chrome has been enabled or change another one to see whether it works.
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules