Mavic Air or Mavic Pro Platinum
984 3 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Madseason
lvl.2
United States

So I have this dilemma now! I just got the spark over Christmas and absolutely love it. I was immediately hooked into becoming a drone hobbyist. Although the spark is great, I would like something with a better camera, flight time, range, etc. Up until yesterday I had been setting my sights on the Mavic Pro Platinum. It has all the bells and whistles that I'm looking for. Now they release the Mavic Air! I don't want to end up making the wrong decision. I went with the spark because it was cheaper and was entry-level. Knowing I want to pursue the hobby now, I want to make the right purchase. What's your opinion? would you opt up for the Pro or would the Air become your go-to drone? We're not talking about a big price difference but I like the looks of the Air and how portable it is. The battery life seems less than the Pro but not by much. Thoughts????
2018-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have seen a few reviews on you tube and it looks like MavAir is getting their vote when it comes to comparing both, most of reviews are noticing a much improved camera on the Air, two things it doesn’t have ocusync  and distance, Air is approximately half distance of Pro.

Other thing I would consider is Mavic Pro although we have seen small improvements in platinum has basically stayed the same since its inception, so it is likely that sometime this year we will see the release of a much improved Mavic Pro , so if you purchase Mavic Pro will you regret it if you see new Mavic Pro in 6 months. At this moment I would go with the MavAir.
2018-1-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I agree - if I owned only a Spark the Mavic Air is the next step up. As the owner of an MPP I won't be trading that in.
2018-1-24
Use props
Racer83L
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1431014 ft
  • >>>
United States

since you have a spark ,I would wait for the Mavic Pro 2..
2018-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules