12Next >
7893 44 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spark User 06
lvl.1

France

Hi there,

I know that the  subject has already been raised several times but I understood that the  problem of OTG support has been set to IOS with the latest version of  DJI GO and I also noticed that the Mavic Air supports OTG connection and that it has the same type of WIFI connection as the Spark.

So the question is for DJI, when do you think you can restore the OTG function on the Spark for Android ? Because it seems that you can resolve it easily...
2018-1-24
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
India

you got to use Mavic Air if you require OTG support
2018-1-24
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

We still don't know if OTG works with Mavic Air and current DJI GO or updated fixed app is needed.
2018-1-24
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509741 ft
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-1-24 12:13
We still don't know if OTG works with Mavic Air and current DJI GO or updated fixed app is needed.

I could have sworn that the release notes for the new version said OTG support for the Mavic Air
2018-1-24
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

idbl_fanatic Posted at 2018-1-24 12:25
I could have sworn that the release notes for the new version said OTG support for the Mavic Air

I watched a couple of review videos. None of them shown working OTG connection.
2018-1-24
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

check the "fly more" in the DJI Store. the combo includes OTG cable(s). Yes, it has OTG support for Mavic Air
2018-1-24
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

So you guys stating OTG works for Dji Go 4.1.22 for Android and Mavic Air RC? My understanding was we have to wait for the new version of app where it eventually will get fixed.
2018-1-24
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

it seems Mavic Air is different than Spark. so OTG works for Mavic Air. that is my understanding
2018-1-24
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Still weird that 0 out of 10 reviews did not show working OTG as pretty important thing with wifi link.
2018-1-24
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Taken from the Mavic Air FAQ

1.Can I connect my smartphone to the remote controller using an ordinary USB cable?
Yes. You can use an ordinary USB cable to connect your smartphone to the remote controller via the USB port at the bottom of the controller, but this may result in more discomfort when handling. Different cables come with the aircraft to meet your needs.

2018-1-24
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Now this is weird. OTG cable is definitely not ordinary USB cable but special one with pins 4 an 5 shorted on one end. More and more puzzling...
2018-1-24
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

S.J Posted at 2018-1-24 12:09

Would you please explain, how is it posiible to use OTG for Mavic Air, but is not possible to aplly for -spark. It seems formerly SPark used it as well. What is behind the story? Why did Dji annul OTG?
I do understand, new stuffs bring more, but Spark itself  is not so old product, and it is unusual to cancel a very important - mainly for the flight safety -skill. I would highly appreciate a clear answer. Thank You
2018-1-27
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

S.J Posted at 2018-1-24 12:09

Don't you think it is a very  cynic answer. So anyone, who payed enough bucks for the Spark, that time with OTG enabled., and now anyone, who wants OTG,, should by another drone for more bucks. Do you call it a correct solution  
2018-1-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

kovat53 Posted at 2018-1-27 03:40
Don't you think it is a very  cynic answer. So anyone, who payed enough bucks for the Spark, that time with OTG enabled., and now anyone, who wants OTG,, should by another drone for more bucks. Do you call it a correct solution

As a matter of fact OTG was not a promised feature (and clearly not an intended one) when you have bought your Spark. Just use GO 4 version 4.1.15 and you have your OTG (as I do myself). You won't miss any features doing so until the official OTG support will come as promised by DJI for the future.
2018-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-1-24 13:24
Now this is weird. OTG cable is definitely not ordinary USB cable but special one with pins 4 an 5 shorted on one end. More and more puzzling...

All of the videos on you tube show otg working on MavAir, it doesn’t use usb in the centre underside of the RC, it uses connection from left hand side just the same as Mavic RC.
2018-1-27
Use props
johnnybflyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 533681 ft
United Kingdom

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-1-24 12:48
So you guys stating OTG works for Dji Go 4.1.22 for Android and Mavic Air RC? My understanding was we have to wait for the new version of app where it eventually will get fixed.

The latest Go 4 App is  4.2.4 both for iOS and android.

2018-1-27
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-27 03:46
As a matter of fact OTG was not a promised feature (and clearly not an intended one) when you have bought your Spark. Just use GO 4 version 4.1.15 and you have your OTG (as I do myself). You won't miss any features doing so until the official OTG support will come as promised by DJI for the future.

Thank You, very much!
2018-1-27
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
India

kovat53 Posted at 2018-1-27 03:34
Would you please explain, how is it posiible to use OTG for Mavic Air, but is not possible to aplly for -spark. It seems formerly SPark used it as well. What is behind the story? Why did Dji annul OTG?
I do understand, new stuffs bring more, but Spark itself  is not so old product, and it is unusual to cancel a very important - mainly for the flight safety -skill. I would highly appreciate a clear answer. Thank You

The question about OTG compatibility has been raised several times to DJI through the forum. There is no positive action  from DJI even though it "seems"  to work for earlier versions of the DJI GO4 apps.
But in my understanding they are doing all they can to " stop" providing OTG support even for the earlier versions as until this moment they are unable to provide any further information on the subject.
i use an android mobile.
2018-1-28
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

I see no reason to believe that Spark OTG support for android devices will ever be supported by DJI.  I'm sure DJI have their reasons but I just wish they would come out and say unequivocally one way or another if Spark Android OTG support will ever happen.  This way we can forget about it and move on.    
2018-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Far_North Posted at 2018-1-28 06:36
I see no reason to believe that Spark OTG support for android devices will ever be supported by DJI.  I'm sure DJI have their reasons but I just wish they would come out and say unequivocally one way or another if Spark Android OTG support will ever happen.  This way we can forget about it and move on.

They have continually said here on this forum that engineers are working on this, we se from this week improvements in iOS support for otg , so maybe they are working to try to gain support for Android.

They are continually repeating that at the moment it hasn’t been fully tested, if you don’t need or want it then don’t worry about it, if you feel you need it, then dji coming out saying it will never be supported is going to be a major problem for you, so I’m sure this group of people will not welcome dji making this statement.
2018-1-28
Use props
kRx md
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158914 ft
Philippines

@Far_North

Agree. so we can #forget & #moveon.
2018-1-28
Use props
djiuser_vNUSVs1
lvl.3
Hong Kong

I have updated the DJI Go 4 app to 4.2.4. and am using Huawei P9 Plus running Android 7.0. I use OTG to connect to the RC and find out that there are no Distance, Height, wifi Channel used and GPS satellites readings.The Spark flies as normal with stable video transmission. Is it normal for Android users?
2018-1-28
Use props
Dondon04
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19931 ft
Philippines

Same here, I've updated to DJI Go app to 4.2.4, I'm using Samsung Edge 7 on Android 7.0. When I use OTG, there's no telemetry data, only video feed. I also tried connecting my old Nexus 7 (2013) using OTG with the same results.

Any of you guys who were able to see full telemetry data using Android on the new DJI Go 4.2.4 app? If so, what Phone/Tablet were you using?

2018-1-29
Use props
chareon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11850 ft
Philippines

tested on the latest android app 4.2.4 (huawei mate10 lite) same issue no data on battery and others. reverted my app to 4.1.15
2018-1-29
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

No OTG for 4.2.4 android,  known issues are not fixed, only an addon for the Mavic Air
2018-1-29
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

As a matter of fact OTG was not a promised feature (and clearly not an intended one) when you have bought your Spark. Just use GO 4 version 4.1.15 and you have your OTG (as I do myself). You won't miss any features doing so until the official OTG support will come as promised by DJI for the future.

.....  until the official OTG support will come as promised by DJI for the future.....

Was it promised?  
2018-1-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

kovat53 Posted at 2018-1-30 05:27
.....  until the official OTG support will come as promised by DJI for the future.....

Was it promised?

Yes there have been a number of clear statements that they are working on it and that it will come.
2018-1-30
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

If they re-enabled it for iOS, then obviously they don't intend to abolish it. I don't know why it's been held back in Android, but in light of the iOS development I haven't given up hope... until then, 4.1.15 stays.
2018-1-30
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 2018-1-30 06:33
If they re-enabled it for iOS, then obviously they don't intend to abolish it. I don't know why it's been held back in Android, but in light of the iOS development I haven't given up hope... until then, 4.1.15 stays.

I know it's heavier to develop an application for Android because of the variety of  the phones and different variants of Android itself.  It is  obvious  to develop for IOS much more easier. Anyway they are (must be) aware of this fact at DJI  and they put theirs app to GooglePlay, . In Europe, where I live, the 5.8 GHz only communication makes our droning life difficult sometimes even unpalatable, that's why we are praying for the OTG.  OK, I  downgraded to 4.1.15, but  - in my opinion - it is not a real solution. I should stay forever at a never developed  technology, but what yield came then. SoI 'm just hoping OTG will be back soon.
2018-2-1
Use props
lumidair
lvl.4
Slovakia

kovat53 Posted at 2018-2-1 00:17
I know it's heavier to develop an application for Android because of the variety of  the phones and different variants of Android itself.  It is  obvious  to develop for IOS much more easier. Anyway they are (must be) aware of this fact at DJI  and they put theirs app to GooglePlay, . In Europe, where I live, the 5.8 GHz only communication makes our droning life difficult sometimes even unpalatable, that's why we are praying for the OTG.  OK, I  downgraded to 4.1.15, but  - in my opinion - it is not a real solution. I should stay forever at a never developed  technology, but what yield came then. SoI 'm just hoping OTG will be back soon.

@DJI please help us...
2018-2-1
Use props
Rodador
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427520 ft
United States

Wachtberger, may I ask what version of Spark and battery firmware are you using?

Reason I ask is I am also using Android app Go 4  version 4.1.15 and I am using Spark firmware .701 because everything I have read so far says this is the most stable combination but I have been wondering if by chance the old app is compatible with the new firmware.

Thanks in advance!
2018-2-1
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

Rodador Posted at 2018-2-1 00:52
Wachtberger, may I ask what version of Spark and battery firmware are you using?

Reason I ask is I am also using Android app Go 4  version 4.1.15 and I am using Spark firmware .701 because everything I have read so far says this is the most stable combination but I have been wondering if by chance the old app is compatible with the new firmware.

Mine using the 4.1.1.5 and latest firmware OTG working very well no issues  
2018-2-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Rodador Posted at 2018-2-1 00:52

Yes I can confirm that .15 works well with the latest firmware and I would also recommend to update to it.
2018-2-1
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

lumidair Posted at 2018-2-1 00:28
@DJI please help us...

I use 009 fW on AC and 4.1.15 on Go 4. It works.
2018-2-1
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Latest FW and 4.1.15 (Android) -  OTG works perfectly
2018-2-1
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Confirm. 4.1.15 work perfectly with the latest firmware (009 as of today) so far.
2018-2-1
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

OTG support for my LG G5 is negetive with latest update
2018-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

kovat53 Posted at 2018-1-30 05:27

Was it promised?

Yes, it was. Catch is that timeframe in which it will work again is not mentioned anywhere. And if support comes up in like 2 years, it will be pretty irrelevant.
2018-2-1
Use props
Rodador
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427520 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-1 01:53
Yes I can confirm that .15 works well with the latest firmware and I would also recommend to update to it.

Thank you everyone for the responses. I love the forum because of the friendly people willing to help a new pilot.
2018-2-1
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-1 06:39
Yes, it was. Catch is that timeframe in which it will work again is not mentioned anywhere. And if support comes up in like 2 years, it will be pretty irrelevant.

I wrote directly to DJI Support. Let me cite from the answer:

......  let me inform you that Spark is designed to be a ready-to-go WiFi drone and we do not advise the use of OTG connection. Using the OTG connection has not been tested by our field application experts and is a function that we do not recommend. Although, WiFi maybe interfered than an OTG connection, still, Spark is designed that way which is why you really need to fly in an open area away from interference. Try using your Spark under normal use and it will be safer as telemetries on the app will show app more accurately......

I think it is clear for everyone, who uses Android device. For me it means: there is no plan for getting back OTG  for Spark. Perhaps i am wrong.
2018-2-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules