Controller shell cracks near LED
494 6 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimby05
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47858 ft
Philippines

Has anyone had small cracks in their P3P controller shell?
It runs from one LED to another, forming a downward arc in between LEDs. I'm not sure how this happened because I've been handling the thing carefully and the material seems durable to me.

So far, there are no issues with the controller but I'm concerned that this could mean something is happening internally that might cause serious damage.

I'm new to this stuff so please excuse my ignorance.
2018-1-24
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

yes, my controller basically imploded - all the internal pillars broke and one of the joysticks pushed in.  sent the controller back and they sent me a new one under warranty.  i sold the new one in the box as I had already bought a used one in the meantime.  didn't know the replacement would be so simple and quick.
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Jim, may I know when did you purchase the unit? Could you upload a picture of the crack issue for better assistance? Thank you in advance!
2018-1-24
Use props
Jimby05
lvl.1
Philippines

AIister Posted at 2018-1-24 16:24
yes, my controller basically imploded - all the internal pillars broke and one of the joysticks pushed in.  sent the controller back and they sent me a new one under warranty.  i sold the new one in the box as I had already bought a used one in the meantime.  didn't know the replacement would be so simple and quick.

I hope mine is not as bad.
2018-1-29
Use props
Jimby05
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-24 20:27
Hey Jim, may I know when did you purchase the unit? Could you upload a picture of the crack issue for better assistance? Thank you in advance!

Hi Susan, I got this last 12/29/17. I was told by the seller that this is a refurbished unit. Is it possible that the issue is already present before I got this?

2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jimby05 Posted at 2018-1-29 07:12
Hi Susan, I got this last 12/29/17. I was told by the seller that this is a refurbished unit. Is it possible that the issue is already present before I got this?

[view_image]

It could be since it is the refurbished one, you may need to communicate with your seller or you can also send it in for repair if it is bothering you.
2018-1-29
Use props
Jimby05
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-29 21:26
It could be since it is the refurbished one, you may need to communicate with your seller or you can also send it in for repair if it is bothering you.

As long as it doesn't affect the performance, I'm fine with it. I'm just concerned that this might be a sign of a bigger problem.
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules