Pink Flash Ruining Shots
644 8 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Izzyracer49
New
United States

I recently started flying my Mavic Pro and found that every so often the footage will briefly flash pink/purple. This is capured on the SD card, so it's not simply a goofy signal. The Unit has never been crashed and is always transported with the gimbal brace. There is an example of this on my video at 1:33.   
I'm preparing to leave for an African Safari and would like to have this resolved ASAP.
2018-1-24
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Format the SD card. Is it a U3 card?
2018-1-24
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

First, you are underexposing, probably due to being on auto.  Shooting snow (white) will shut down the lens (basic photography), making it too dark.  You need to manually up the exposure to make up for it.  Similarly, you are likely on auto-whitebalance, but your subject is varying in intensity and contrast.  You need to go to manual and try to set it, and leave it there while you shoot that particular scene.  Auto is good for some things, but not all.
2018-1-24
Use props
Izzyracer49
New
United States

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-1-24 20:44
Format the SD card. Is it a U3 card?

It came through on the feed to my phone as well.
2018-1-24
Use props
Izzyracer49
New
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-1-24 21:06
First, you are underexposing, probably due to being on auto.  Shooting snow (white) will shut down the lens (basic photography), making it too dark.  You need to manually up the exposure to make up for it.  Similarly, you are likely on auto-whitebalance, but your subject is varying in intensity and contrast.  You need to go to manual and try to set it, and leave it there while you shoot that particular scene.  Auto is good for some things, but not all.

Here is another video it usual conditions where the same happened at 15 and 20 seconds.
2018-1-24
Use props
Jabreu001
lvl.2
Flight distance : 371601 ft
Costa Rica

Think its an issue with your sd card, too slow, send a pic of it.
2018-1-24
Use props
Izzyracer49
New
United States

Jabreu001 Posted at 2018-1-24 21:15
Think its an issue with your sd card, too slow, send a pic of it.

It showed up on the video feed to my Samsung S8 as well. I'm inclined to think something is up with the camera. It has happened using two different 32 gig sd cards. A scandisk Ultra and a scandisk Extreme
2018-1-24
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Yup. OK. send it back. Save those video's to send to them too.
I'm sure they will ask 'did you upgrade the firmware' etc etc...
2018-1-24
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Izzyracer49 Posted at 2018-1-24 21:13
Here is another video it usual conditions where the same happened at 15 and 20 seconds.

Yep.  It's there. Didn't notice it in the first video, but did in this one.  I would be bringing this up as a case with DJI.  If it only showed up on your device when you were flying but not in the video from the card, it wouldn't be so bad.  But this is in the "final product" from the card I assume, and should not be there.  I wouldn't hold my breath about getting it fixed before your safari, but you didn't say just when it would be.  DJI service is typically very slow, so get with them now and ask.
2018-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules