1333 6 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJ Wright
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162244 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all, went to start up my Mavic this afternoon and DJ Go 4 indicated a firmware update is required .... strange because I did a firmware upgrade via DJI assistant the other day.
Now it seems to have stalled at 56%. I'm connected via the controller and my iPhone 7 Plus. It's been over 10 minutes now and battery is starting to drain.  Is it okay to stop and try again without hurting anything?

2018-1-25
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try using DJI Assistant 2 - for Mac or PC - anytime the app device stalls, I use the A2

http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

2018-1-25
Use props
JJ Wright
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-1-25 15:04
Try using DJI Assistant 2 - for Mac or PC - anytime the app device stalls, I use the A2

After 20 minutes I gave up and restarted, with fresh battery. Once Mavic and controller started and connected, DJ Go 4 indicated that firmware had downloaded so I started update again. It was slow and stalled again at around 56%, but after a few minutes resumed very slowly and finally finished. What concerns me is why it needed firmware update after I upgraded via DJI assistant 2 days ago. Thought maybe controller neede update!
2018-1-25
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JJ Wright Posted at 2018-1-25 15:53
After 20 minutes I gave up and restarted, with fresh battery. Once Mavic and controller started and connected, DJ Go 4 indicated that firmware had downloaded so I started update again. It was slow and stalled again at around 56%, but after a few minutes resumed very slowly and finally finished. What concerns me is why it needed firmware update after I upgraded via DJI assistant 2 days ago. Thought maybe controller neede update!

Yea sometimes I guess it doesn't download/sync as it should. It's happened to me on a couple of occasions. Just make sure the Mavic to directly connected to the computer and RC is turned on. Once DJI A2 is connected to the drone and uploading FW, the RC will be wirelessly updating as well.
2018-1-25
Use props
JJ Wright
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-1-25 16:25
Yea sometimes I guess it doesn't download/sync as it should. It's happened to me on a couple of occasions. Just make sure the Mavic to directly connected to the computer and RC is turned on. Once DJI A2 is connected to the drone and uploading FW, the RC will be wirelessly updating as well.

Hmmm, wasn’t aware that controller updated while using DJI assistant on the bird itself.
2018-1-25
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JJ Wright Posted at 2018-1-25 16:46
Hmmm, wasn’t aware that controller updated while using DJI assistant on the bird itself.

You'll noticed the beeping, telemetry dash on the RC also go on/off.
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

JJ Wright Posted at 2018-1-25 16:46
Hmmm, wasn’t aware that controller updated while using DJI assistant on the bird itself.

Sir, please provide me the screenshot of the firmware info. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules