Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
d.a.v.i.d
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi DJI team,

Will be there possibility to pair Mavic Air with Mavir Pro remote control?

Thanks,

David
2018-1-26
Use props
Agent Sgt. Shad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 500679 ft
United States

Good question. I'm not sure, but it awfully seems like the Mavic Air controller is like the Spark's controller. Maybe that'll work, but I'm not too sure about Mavic Pro's controller.
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

David, sorry to tell you that the RC of Mavic Pro is not compatible with Mavic Air.
2018-1-27
Use props
d.a.v.i.d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-27 00:14
David, sorry to tell you that the RC of Mavic Pro is not compatible with Mavic Air.

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for confirmation I thought it will be not compatible, anyway mavic air is very nice product and I'm considering replacing my Mavic Pro with Mavic Air therefore the question.

Do you know if there is planned also some new Mavic Pro? Like Mavic Pro 2 or so?

Thanks.

David
2018-1-27
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

d.a.v.i.d Posted at 2018-1-27 01:25
Hi Mindy,

Thanks for confirmation I thought it will be not compatible, anyway mavic air is very nice product and I'm considering replacing my Mavic Pro with Mavic Air therefore the question.

Replace your more superior Mavic Pro with an Air? can I ask why?
2018-1-27
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

d.a.v.i.d Posted at 2018-1-27 01:25
Hi Mindy,

Good try HAHA!!
2018-1-27
Use props
d.a.v.i.d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-1-27 04:28
Replace your more superior Mavic Pro with an Air? can I ask why?

I know that Mavic Pro is technically better but I'm considering replacement primarily due to size reason.
2018-1-27
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

Pros longer flight time, longer range/signal reliability and overall quality of the aircraft are the reason I'll stick to the pro.
2018-1-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Get rid of the Pro for the Air. Wow.
2018-1-27
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

The Mavic Air can only connect to its own controller or your phone
2018-1-27
Use props
chippie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12976 ft
United Kingdom

I am on the fence here. The Air has a better camera, more sensors with better obstacle avoidance, is far more portable. I have not seen one in the flesh so cannot comment on build quality but from what I have read all I can see is that the only pros over the Air is that is has a longer flight time and longer range. Apart from that the Air has far more to offer than the Pro IMHO.

Happy to have some info on why the Pro is better apart from what I have mentioned above? :-)
2018-1-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

chippie Posted at 2018-1-28 06:09
I am on the fence here. The Air has a better camera, more sensors with better obstacle avoidance, is far more portable. I have not seen one in the flesh so cannot comment on build quality but from what I have read all I can see is that the only pros over the Air is that is has a longer flight time and longer range. Apart from that the Air has far more to offer than the Pro IMHO.

Happy to have some info on why the Pro is better apart from what I have mentioned above? :-)

No, you have perfectly summarised it in my opinion. But I see quite a number of Pro pilots finding it hard to recognise ;-)
2018-1-28
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

I am on the fence here. The Air has a better camera, more sensors with better obstacle avoidance, is far more portable. I have not seen one in the flesh so cannot comment on build quality but from what I have read all I can see is that the only pros over the Air is that is has a longer flight time and longer range. Apart from that the Air has far more to offer than the Pro IMHO.

Happy to have some info on why the Pro is better apart from what I have mentioned above? :-)

For me, the better camera does not matter since I am not a professional photographer. Also, I only use 4k on occasion due to file size. 2.7k and even 1080p yields awesome results for me. As for obstacle avoidance, I fly pretty conservative and try not to get into situations that are too hairy for me.

As I am learning more photographing techniques, the next bird for me is going to be a P4P ( Or a Phantom 5?)with the ultra bright crystal sky as my senior eyes really need it......lol. Also, I am really not into the selfies and gesture modes and really like being on the sticks. As for portability, I already have a Spark And Mavic Pro and they work fine for me. Also, I can see in the future, a lot of the Mavic Air software features will probably become available for the Spark and Mavic Pro.

Just my opinion for my needs, but to each, his own.
2018-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Anyone that got the air we can fly them side by side in a bit of heavy wind and see which drone stays with the owner and which will fly back to china. due to the weight of the air I highly doubt it will witstand wind at altitudes over 100 meters. i know my Mavic Pro can witstand winds over 30kmh and still come back to me doubt the Air will do same. i can see alot of fly aways with this and new pilots.
2018-1-28
Use props
chippie
lvl.2
France

Suren Posted at 2018-1-28 09:19
Anyone that got the air we can fly them side by side in a bit of heavy wind and see which drone stays with the owner and which will fly back to china. due to the weight of the air I highly doubt it will witstand wind at altitudes over 100 meters. i know my Mavic Pro can witstand winds over 30kmh and still come back to me doubt the Air will do same. i can see alot of fly aways with this and new pilots.

Understand your point but that is like saying we might as well all get an Inspire so we can fly in higher winds. Each has its limitations of course but personally I am more concerned with the technical specs as opposed to what winds I can fly in as lets face it if the winds are that high then any sudden gust will take the Pro back to China also.
Comparison wise DJI say they can both take the same amount of wind, probably down the Air having a smaller footprint and being slightly more aerodynamic.
I am sure there are already some vids out there if anyone can be bothered to look lol.
2018-1-30
Use props
chippie
lvl.2
France

Rickyber Posted at 2018-1-28 08:44
For me, the better camera does not matter since I am not a professional photographer. Also, I only use 4k on occasion due to file size. 2.7k and even 1080p yields awesome results for me. As for obstacle avoidance, I fly pretty conservative and try not to get into situations that are too hairy for me.

As I am learning more photographing techniques, the next bird for me is going to be a P4P ( Or a Phantom 5?)with the ultra bright crystal sky as my senior eyes really need it......lol. Also, I am really not into the selfies and gesture modes and really like being on the sticks. As for portability, I already have a Spark And Mavic Pro and they work fine for me. Also, I can see in the future, a lot of the Mavic Air software features will probably become available for the Spark and Mavic Pro.

I get ya!

One thing I do not get though is why most people (not your good self) are so on the defensive. I was one of the first people to get the Pro in the UK and think it is a superb piece of kit however due to work and health reasons I have barely managed to get it up (the drone that is lol). Tech advances and from all the reviews I have read and watched (not hundreds but half a dozen or so) all state quite clearly that the Air is superior in all bar a few places (aforementioned and Cinematic). I appreciate that people like myself love the Pro but why is it so hard for them to accept that there is now a better/smaller drone out there, it is the just the way the world of tech works.

So as I said I am on the fence but I am going to see what I can get for my Mavic with 8 batteries, 2 hard cases and pretty much every accessory etc. that is out there and if I can get a good price then it will go and be replaced with the Air as for my needs and the fact that it is far more portable it is just the logical choice.

Best of luck with the photography oh and forget the P4P, save a little longer and go for an Inspire ;-)

2018-1-30
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

chippie Posted at 2018-1-30 12:28
I get ya!

One thing I do not get though is why most people (not your good self) are so on the defensive. I was one of the first people to get the Pro in the UK and think it is a superb piece of kit however due to work and health reasons I have barely managed to get it up (the drone that is lol). Tech advances and from all the reviews I have read and watched (not hundreds but half a dozen or so) all state quite clearly that the Air is superior in all bar a few places (aforementioned and Cinematic). I appreciate that people like myself love the Pro but why is it so hard for them to accept that there is now a better/smaller drone out there, it is the just the way the world of tech works.

Wow, I would love to have an Inspire !!!
Might have to do that.
2018-1-30
Use props
d.a.v.i.d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

I was able to sell my Mavic Pro for good price and afterwards I was not able resist and bought Mavic Air Onyx Black today, currently battery is charging will post opinion if this was good move or not.
2018-2-1
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

I have both and between the 2 I will mostly be using the Mavic Air due to its portability!  The only benefit to the mavic pro is battery life and range.
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

d.a.v.i.d Posted at 2018-2-1 09:17
I was able to sell my Mavic Pro for good price and afterwards I was not able resist and bought Mavic Air Onyx Black today, currently battery is charging will post opinion if this was good move or not.

Fingers crossed for you. It looks like you have done your research and I hope it meets your needs as I'm sure your motive for buying the Air wasn't just because it's new as that would have been a big mistake to essentially downgrade. Let us know how you get on after the set up.
2018-2-1
Use props
Lance.Schreiber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172274 ft
  • >>>
United States

OcuSync vs. WIfi
Thats why the MavicPro is the PRO in this comparison.
2018-2-3
Use props
d.a.v.i.d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

So far mixed emotions, size, build quality wise it is excellent drone. Camera is also good I like the new gimbal more than the old one so far it seems it doesn't have the drunken horizon issue as Mavic Pro. On my first flight I was just ascending and wanted to go to max 500m height but after about 150m height drone gets disconnected and I was not able to see anything on display nor to control it fortunately RTH was working as expected and drone returned back, this was tested in town near airport, never had such issue with Mavic Pro on the same place. Then I was flying in village where it was working much better, I was able to reach 500m max altitude without problems and from horizontal distance I was able to reach something about 1500m then I got weak signal message so I returned home manually, it didn't not disconnected I just get warning that signal is weak. My intention is to go again back to the same place in town near airport and do the ascending flight one more time to confirm if this was some "bad luck" or if this drone is really so sensitive for interferences. Flight performance is also great, in normal mode little bit slower however especially during ascending and descending, but in sport mode it is really small rocket. So far I really love it due to it's size, weight and overal portability as this was main reason why I switched from Pro to Air. One more note I was testing also gesture modes and I was not able to force it land by gesture and then when exited from gesture mode and when trying to land by joystick drone suddenly bumped down to the ground - not softly as during landing but something like full speed it hit ground and returned back to about 1m above ground this was kind of strange. Also during take off I saw some micor shake of drone, I saw something like that on youtube but that guy who published it had it all the time, I experienced it few times but every time only for 1 - 2 secs during take off. I supposed that DJI still needs to work on firmware glitches. I will post my next findings/thoughts/opinions in future.

David
2018-2-4
Use props
fans98a29b57
New
Flight distance : 46883 ft
Switzerland

I own an old P2 and a P4. I just received my Mavic air and I am impressed with the video quality. The automatic scenes are fun but the short sticks compared to the P4 make it harder to control the aircraft smoothly. Also I'm missing the possibility to attach an iPad to the controller without getting a special holder.
The main reason for me to get the Air was the portability and the weight. In Switzerland, I am facing more and more air space restrictions, making it very hard for me to use the P4 for photos and videos. I was frustrated with the number of assignments I could not fly because of this. Luckily drones under 500g are not subject to most of these limitations... So I'm looking forward to shooting new footage with my Air.
2018-2-27
Use props
mikoshark
lvl.2

I owned a mavic pro and recently purchased the mavic air.... the battery life leaves something to be desired but so far I prefer it to my mavic pro and my yuneec typhoon H... it's fast but don't expect too sharp of turns I get more of a drift and curve than but manageable
2018-5-20
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

not a better camera i believe its the same sensor, just much better image signal processing and high bitrate. the mavic pro gimbal also is a bit more free floating and open, which means less "image rocking" in jittery flights like high winds making it flutter and such.. but mavic pro's gimbal is super exposed and unprotected.

im looking into buying a mavic air soon as well because of its size and how its better drone than spark and close enough to what a mavic pro is i'm not too upset.   the things that upset me about the air is weaker battery, and reduced range.   wind stability im slightly worried about, but not too too much.  

..potentially selling my mavic pro to my friend for $550 for used fly more bundle + 1 extra battery, iPad mini 2, a couple mounts and extras i got for my mavic pro and never really used, spare charger and a few cables.  friend discount because i want more but im willing to let it go for cheap to a friend.

2018-5-20
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am on the fence here. The Air has a better camera, more sensors with better obstacle avoidance, is far more portable. I have not seen one in the flesh so cannot comment on build quality but from what I have read all I can see is that the only pros over the Air is that is has a longer flight time and longer range. Apart from that the Air has far more to offer than the Pro IMHO.

Happy to have some info on why the Pro is better apart from what I have mentioned above? :-)

Those were my thoughts exactly.  Having not flown anything before, i went with the Mavic Air.  
I absolutely love it.  I honestly wish i could fly a Pro to see the difference, but i'm very, very happy with my Air.
2018-5-20
Use props
iFlyCameras
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I have owned Phantom 1,2,3,4, Inspire 1, S800, Mavic Pro, Osmo

I just got a Mavic Air recently, and as far as filming, features, ease of use, and portability its my favorite.

I like it better than the Mavic Pro in almost every way - EXCEPT the controller and no waypoints .  I really wish the Mavic Air had the same controller as the Pro - I did find it useful to see telemetry displayed without using my phone.

2018-5-29
Use props
Jacob Morgan
New

United States

I personally need the batter life and I like that the pro heavier than the air. It makes me feel better about high winds at high altitudes. The pro is still very portable and the controller is superior. That's just my objective opinion.
2018-6-18
Use props
fansa813eaf4
lvl.1
United States

I have a Mavic Air. I followed the steps precisely. I can hook up to my iPhone and fly, but not the remote. Upon turning the remote on it starts beeping and doesn’t stop till I turn it off.
The app will say the Mavic is connected to the remote but the WiFi shows no connection. I can operate the gimbal and apparently fly it with the remote without the phone even connected (I haven’t) but there seems to be no unity to the three. All the while the remote continues to beep.

I have been given a go for flight with all three apparently connected, but the controller constantly beeps. Everything is perfect till I try to add the controller. Anyone wanna help?
2018-12-19
Use props
fansa813eaf4
lvl.1
United States

I have a Mavic Air. Connecting to my iPhone with two beeps is a snap, but turn on the remote and try to hook up with it has been a nightmare. As soon as I turn it on it starts beeping, is this normal? After going through the steps to connect to the remote and quad it will say connected and continue to beep. The WiFi shows no connection, is this normal if so, why is the remote still beeping?
I know it will automatically link once connected until I use my phone independently but I manually reconnected. It still continues to beep. Sometimes I have a little red light in the quad and sometimes green, but always a beep. Any help?
2018-12-19
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought this was something they were going to add?
2019-1-1
Use props
LeRoy
New

Australia

Can anybody inform me if the DJI Mavic Air Remote Control is identical in size as the DJI Mavic Pro Remote Controller.
The reason I ask is I wish to buy a " DJI MAVIC PRO Sunshade Sun Hood Signal Antenna Range Extender Booster " and the DJI Mavic Pro is the only one listed.
Will it fit perfectly for my Mavic Air Remote.?????????

Thanks if anyone can assist.

LeRoy
2019-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules