H3-3D freaking out
2679 18 2015-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thaug29
lvl.1
United States

DJI I need help with this.  I have an H3-3D. It runs fine for about 4 minutes; then it pitches all the way up (skyward) and to the right and then starts shaking like it wants to go home but can not.

It won't stop until I unplug the battery. Then it will run fine again for about 4 minutes.

Please HELP.
2015-4-25
Use props
pggg
New

Switzerland

I have the same issue - usually happens after 6minutes, usually in forward flight and starts nearly always when tilting down.
But it doesn't happen in every flight. Usually every 6 to 10 flights,
Below a video - and like you usually I have to switch off the Phantom. On rare occasions it restabilizes.

Tried advanced IMU calibration, using 4 sets of different DJI propellers all new, doing a gimbal hard reset and uploading firmware again, using all possible dampers, using 4 different batteries calibrating compass prior each flight and the list goes on  but this behavior returns.

Also have this vertical jittering when gimbal is not in shaking mode:

This is on a Phantom 2 v2 never crashed, never tipped over with mini IOSD and anti interference board both mounted inside the Phantom.
I think the gimbal is toast -
DJI wants me to send the whole quad in. And as this is not happening every flight I doubt they will get it fixed and waiting time is 1 to 2 months at the best.

Will probably come out cheaper if I buy a gimbal and cross my fingers that that is the issue - unless someone here has some idea what could be the cause.

2015-4-30
Use props
thaug29
lvl.1
United States

pggg Posted at 2015-5-1 06:05
I have the same issue - usually happens after 6minutes, usually in forward flight and starts nearly  ...

There seems to be an issue with this gimbal and DJI can't even supply an answer.  They are suppose to be the best and this is what we get, silence.
2015-5-1
Use props
jcolip1985
New

Guam

Mine went bonkers today after an upgrade. I calibrated it after the upgrade through the Phantom Assistant and it was really touchy. It would jerk and the gimbal wheel was very sensitive when moving it up or down. I ended up having to change a bunch of the numbers in the gimabl calibration portion. I finally zero'd in on what I think will be comfortable for me, we shall see. I am flying her tomorrow I'll post back to let you all know if I fixed it...if you are interested.  
2015-5-4
Use props
pggg
New

Switzerland

Yes please post - I bought another H3-3d - I hope that will be the fix!
2015-5-4
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

pggg Posted at 2015-5-1 06:05
I have the same issue - usually happens after 6minutes, usually in forward flight and starts nearly  ...

Dear customers,  suggest you send the gimbal back for test and repair,
You can find the nearest support center from you from the link below to get in-time help.
http://www.dji.com/support
2015-5-4
Use props
jcolip1985
New

Guam

pggg Posted at 2015-5-5 04:03
Yes please post - I bought another H3-3d - I hope that will be the fix!

Alright, so I nervously (I had a slew of problems after RC/P2 and H33D upgrades) took to the air today to see if my H33D is still working. Good news, it still is working. Bad news is that the gimbal wheel is now overly sensitive after the upgrade.

When I try to tilt in either direction it will max out and then shoot the camera the opposite direction in a very jerky manner. Sometimes it will even cause the GoPro to nod up and down very quickly as if to nod yes.  I plugged it into the RC and P2 assistant and it does the same thing with the arrows in the program. This all occurred after the recommended upgrade from DJI.

After a few hours of calibration (yes hours) and sensitivity setting I managed to get it to where I think I will be comfortable. The wheel is still very touchy but it does move the camera with the occasional jerk. Overall it still holds a solid and steady picture. I just set it to the angle I want it at and don't touch it during flight. This currently doesn't bother me because I do not have FPV yet. I am sure it will be an annoyance once I have FPV.

2015-5-5
Use props
djgpss
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1127654 ft
Greece

Hi! I have the same problem on my f450!

Look the video from 0.23 and after!

I have last firmwares!

Does you solved?

2015-6-13
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

djgpss@gmail.co Posted at 2015-6-13 22:02
Hi! I have the same problem on my f450!

Look the video from 0.23 and after!

Is your gimbal firmware updated to the latest?  If yes,  the IMU may has some problem. Did the gimbal crash before?
2015-6-15
Use props
djgpss
lvl.3
Greece

Hi... Yes i have latest firmwares and never crash my gimbal. Its a new!  I use gopro hero 3 black plus!
2015-6-15
Use props
islandflyer
lvl.1

Guam

jcolip1985@hotm Posted at 2015-5-5 16:03
Alright, so I nervously (I had a slew of problems after RC/P2 and H33D upgrades) took to the air to ...

Hey JColip! Looks like we are on the same side of the world...in the same little Pacific Island

If there is one word to describe the H3-3D it would be - 'inconsistent'. The 3D on my P2 performs pretty solidly 95% of the time (although there was that one time I upgraded the firmware and bricked it). The 3D that was on my F550 (using the H3-2D GCU) was also pretty solid. But my new H3-3D mounted on my Tarot 680 (with H3-3D GCU) is junk. I've already sent it back to my vendor and hopefully the new one is problem free. If not, then the problem might be the GCU.

Anyhow, we should have a DJI meet up and do some flying. Lots of guys on island with Phantoms, 450, 550....and now one with an Inspire 1.
2015-6-15
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

djgpss@gmail.co Posted at 2015-6-15 21:02
Hi... Yes i have latest firmwares and never crash my gimbal. Its a new!  I use gopro hero 3 black pl ...

Hi, please add my working skype Candice-zhu( Shenzhen, China), I would give you a downgrade to calibrate the gimbal to see if this method can help you solve the problem.  
2015-6-16
Use props
djgpss
lvl.3
Greece

Hi  Dji support 8 thank you for your interest but it is not very easy for me to contact you through skype because I do not speak english very well
and right now someone else is writing this message for me.
Is there another way maybe a video that I can watch or send me by e-mail a firmware for downgrade?

thank you!
2015-6-16
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

djgpss@gmail.co Posted at 2015-6-17 07:09
Hi  Dji support 8 thank you for your interest but it is not very easy for me to contact you through  ...

The downgrade can only done by us after application, currently we don't have the video.
You English is good. I can understand. No worry.
2015-6-16
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Can some of youse guys please post the outcome of these issues?
2015-7-29
Use props
djgpss
lvl.3
Greece

Hi again...

I tried everything ... reinstall firmwares, I put the last state versions firmwares, I balance the gimbal, put zenmuse anti interference board lest corrected the problem ... but still nothing !!!

All that remains is to get the hammer !!!
2015-8-11
Use props
paul
lvl.1

Switzerland

djgpss@gmail.co Posted at 2015-8-11 23:03
Hi again...

I tried everything ... reinstall firmwares, I put the last state versions firmwares, I  ...

Viewing your video it really is very similar to how mine goes crazy (see my posts under pgg).
Some downward pitch, gimbal starts vibtrating and then major shaking.
Like I posted above, I bought myself a new gimbal, and it works perfectly

In the meantime DJI Germany finally accepted to RMA the gimbal only. At first they wanted to have the whole combo with Phantom, remote etc.
After a couple of weeks they returned it with only one printed sheet but I can't make out whether   it has been  repaired it or not. As my newly bought gimbal  is working perfectly I can't be bothered anymore to test whether the RMAed one has been repaired.
2015-8-31
Use props
tom.breathnach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144649 ft
Ireland

Dji support 8 Posted at 2015-6-16 12:28
Hi, please add my working skype Candice-zhu( Shenzhen, China), I would give you a downgrade to cal ...

Hi, I would like this downgrade too, please see my post in the help section....
2015-9-27
Use props
tom.breathnach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144649 ft
Ireland

Dji support 8 Posted at 2015-6-16 12:28
Hi, please add my working skype Candice-zhu( Shenzhen, China), I would give you a downgrade to cal ...

I would like this too
2015-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules