770 6 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snow_2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240443 ft
Australia

Hi everyone,
I’ve owned  a DJI Mavic Pro for about a year and I am really happy with it. I usually hand catch my drone before landing.

I have a few questions about hand take off because yesterday I tried to do it but something went wrong.  First I powered on my Mavic while it was in my hand, not on a flat surface, and after IMU check and gimbal check the drone was in GPS ready to fly. Second I pushed two controller sticks for manual take off and all the motors started spinning . Half a second later all the motors started spinning extremely fast and The drone wanted to fly away to the left and up. I was so confused and pushed the left stick down until the motors stopped.

After all I put my Mavic on the ground and I had successfull flight.

I watched this video and everything was looking so easy.

Please give me advice what I do wrong.
Thanks in advance.

2018-1-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I would not recomend that type of launching. the mavic was designed to ground launch anyways that looks to be to much of work and very dangerous as well.
2018-1-27
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Seems like a person needs a big belly to hold the RC and phone on?
2018-1-27
Use props
Mohinder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 920489 ft
Belgium

Watch this   
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Please don't try this type of launching, we would also not recommend using your hand to catch the drone, that's too dangerous.
2018-1-28
Use props
Snow_2
lvl.2
Australia

Thank you so much for this video. I am a 100% sure that shaking of my hand during the take off  was my problem, because accelerometer has detected movement.

Cheers
2018-1-28
Use props
Snow_2
lvl.2
Australia

The boy on this video gives me a good explanation how to do hand launch correctly.

2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules